Nissan QashQai 2014 Part 2

RadX

How to join the QQ WhatsApp group? Had booked QQ1.2 but not successful in the last 2 coe bidding..

I same here, got my QQ on yesterday. How to join the whatsapp group??
↡ Advertisement

Dear all

I have never own a car that has water flowing into the engine bay. Tested present QQ water flows out behind front wheel fenders as expected.

TC should correct this problem.

Have a nice day [wave]

Hi David,

Ouch .. sorry to hear of accident for your new cararrow-10x10.png.

Send James photos of your damage for a quote ..many bros from the whatsapp uses him. But since brand new, I would go back to TC ....

Cheers.

Richard

Hi Richard,

thank you for your fast reply.  Meanwhile, is there anything i can do to prevent rust or something like that until Monday? 

I guess is not a big issue ba cos I raised the concern to the SA when I sent my car in for servicing yesterday, they carried out water test and concluded that it's normal

Hi YSLY,

Haha ..normal indeed ...think it is designed that way ?? Normal is what you can expected TC to say but really up to you to find peace that water runs into engine bay :(

Cheers.

Richard

Hi Richard,

thank you for your fast reply. Meanwhile, is there anything i can do to prevent rust or something like that until Monday?

Hi David,

No worry if you do repair next week. They will sand off superficial rust before respraying.

Cheers.

Richard

Hi Richard,

thank you for your fast reply. Meanwhile, is there anything i can do to prevent rust or something like that until Monday?

Sorry to hear abt your incident, bro. Must be really heartbreaking. Maybe for peace of mind, you can dab some fresh cooking oil for a light coating. As Richard said earlier, the sprayers will get rid of the surface rust if any.

If it's normal, then all the other QQ where the water don't seep thru' the engine Bay are abnormal. Pls report to TC if your car happen to the abnormal batch.

Hi dash1234,

Cannot give praise cos exceeded but well said and logical.

Btw, for those enviromently friendly bros which I am not one, there an recall in UK which TC claimed not informed. Hope the process of recall is in place in the first place for other serious ones ..keke

http://ukcar.reviews/nissan-qashqai-j11-2013-problems-recalls/

Cheers.

Richard

Edited by richard_crl032

Hi all, have tested my 2.0 collected 2015 October (manufactured in August). Water leaks right through the center. Not amused and gonna be speaking to TC when doing my 20k servicing.

Thanks Richard and others who pointed it out.

Just did my 2nd test drive at LK

QQ is ideal for 4 passengers max... the center passenger set is too cramp and no legroom at all.

Also noted the servicng cost for Nissan seems pretty high based on the price list showed at the servicing center.. 

if doing 10k serving every 6mths, it will be package A+B/A+C yearly.. $1k /yr - is that on the high side?

Decisions.. decisions.....  =(

Hi YSLY,

Haha ..normal indeed ...think it is designed that way ?? Normal is what you can expected TC to say but really up to you to find peace that water runs into engine bay :(

Cheers.

Richard

Hi David,

No worry if you do repair next week. They will sand off superficial rust before respraying.

Cheers.

Richard

Hi Richard,

Seriously I dunno much abt car, can't really argue with the SA. The SA conveyed the findings to me verbally, nothing indicated in the service report, only mentioned water test carried out

Hi all, have tested my 2.0 collected 2015 October (manufactured in August). Water leaks right through the center. Not amused and gonna be speaking to TC when doing my 20k servicing.

Thanks Richard and others who pointed it out.

Think there was a discussion on this before previously. Can consider getting the NPMP (Nissan Preventive Maintenance Program). $1488 for 4 servicing for QQ.

Just did my 2nd test drive at LK

QQ is ideal for 4 passengers max... the center passenger set is too cramp and no legroom at all.

Also noted the servicng cost for Nissan seems pretty high based on the price list showed at the servicing center.. 

if doing 10k serving every 6mths, it will be package A+B/A+C yearly.. $1k /yr - is that on the high side?

Decisions.. decisions.....  =(

Just thinking aloud..

What then would be the proper way for water to flow (since it has to flow somewhere)?

Does flowing down the centre cause any problems that we need to be concerned about?

Hmm, I guess to the sides like most cars? Must say I am not a car expert but from what I had gathered from the knowledgeable-others here, it seems to be an issue (when it flows uncomfortably close to the engine). 

Just wish to raise this to TC and see what response they have. 

• Praise 1

If it's normal, then all the other QQ where the water don't seep thru' the engine Bay are abnormal. Pls report to TC if your car happen to the abnormal batch.

"Normal" is relative. 10 years ago, it would be abnormal for anyone to take out his phone/camera to take a picture of the food he is about to eat. Now, it is very normal to do so. In some cases, when everyone is doing it, you are very different if you just proceed to eat the food without bothering to take a picture.

So, to the TC technician, if every other QQ that is now in the workshop does this, it is "normal" to him. Of course, a normal behaviour is not always the correct behaviour.

post-89424-0-99011400-1477810921.gif

Any kind soul who had made a backup of the GPS software for our qashqai from the SD card willing to share with me? I plugged in the memory card into my computer and the next moment i removed and I plugged in again, it opens up with an empty folder with about 1gb of data. Then after plugging in again, all the data is gone. :/

I will share with you the password to unlock video playing. :D

Turbocharged

hi

I just got my qq1.2t yesterday.

today met a small incident at bukit timah shopping centre carpark by scratching deep white (pearl white) paint off the back top of my QQ. :-(

size of thumb nail... any idea how I and where I can get a quick fix? many thanks.

My condolences, I experienced this sort of feeling too. As @richard_crl032 suggest, it may be best for you to return to Tan Chong for the repair due to the baby-stage age of your ride. 

Was it caused by a third party?

Hi Kstoh,

I also compared with my estima and yes, it went toward my HID headlight even !

But still not seem right to be spilling into the engine bay and btw, our 1.2L turbo is pretty near there ...water cooled turbo anyone ? keke !

Cheers,

Richard

Just check my co's no leak in the engine bay but water is directed to both side of the front mudflaps area.

Hi everybody! Placed my deposit today. Estimated delivery is about 10 days (i have my coe) after I confirm the colour as CO and i couldn't decide on the spot

Any kind soul who had made a backup of the GPS software for our qashqai from the SD card willing to share with me? I plugged in the memory card into my computer and the next moment i removed and I plugged in again, it opens up with an empty folder with about 1gb of data. Then after plugging in again, all the data is gone. :/

I will share with you the password to unlock video playing. :D

Hi Kohanson,

Dun think it will work and you have to go back to TC or their gps vendor to get new sdcard but you can try:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ixkfow26nntpcnt/AAAMWWEv-vKXuiNi2MLBDmkJa?dl=0

No, I dun need the password to disable watching video since we had thst long time ago.

Cheers.

Richard

"Normal" is relative. 10 years ago, it would be abnormal for anyone to take out his phone/camera to take a picture of the food he is about to eat. Now, it is very normal to do so. In some cases, when everyone is doing it, you are very different if you just proceed to eat the food without bothering to take a picture.

So, to the TC technician, if every other QQ that is now in the workshop does this, it is "normal" to him. Of course, a normal behaviour is not always the correct behaviour.

Hi Kstoh,

Not sure your point or understand the analogy but guess you are also unsure of mine.x

Cheers.

Richard

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1