Nissan QashQai 2014 Part 2

RadX

(edited)

For 1.2t,

Does the rpm needle flicker slightly during idling stationary (with auto start stop disabled)? Mine does slightly and become stable if i turn off the aircon.

Edited by ccc888
↡ Advertisement

Factory fitted for pulsar, with actual readings shown onboard screen with sensor located at tyre valve.

According to handbook, just need reset under settings. Yet to try.

Hi ccc888,

Cool then ...tks for sharing and let us know if confirmed. I have the same doubt as kstoh but perhaps newer tech with more intelligence and restricted to only stock rims which you loses this convenience once you changed rims.

Cheers.

Richard

For 1.2t,

Does the rpm needle flicker slightly during idling stationary (with auto start stop disabled)? Mine does slightly and become stable if i turn off the aircon.

Hi cc888,

Sure ..all cars new and one are the same.

Aircon compressor that draws a lot of power on and off means loading the engine more and less and hence engine rev to higher and lower rpm.

Cheers.

Richard

Thanks for the advice. I know that the mod is no more. So trying to see if there's any other way to disable auto start/stop as it is annoying the shit out of me. :-)

The cigeratte light at the front is always on. I just bought a TPMS and wanted to plug the display unit into it. But I don't want it to continue monitoring after the engine is off, thereby draining battery. Is there any way to stop power to the cigeratte lighter after the engine is off?

Hi Alexhoc,

Not difficult to rewire the front ciagarette lighter to do so via acc switch. Any car accessory shop can do so but not sure any error which I dun think so.

Cheers.

Richard

I agree that inner mesh is nicer. I have not got time to go down asetmod to install one... I understand it takes sometime to get it installed. ..

Coming from sylphy, yes it is heavier as compare. Pulsar should be similar to sylphy. I so wanted to test driver pulsar... til I got chance to drive one...

Hi Devilcup,

Qashqai is for my CO and inner mesh helps to maintain stock look with other more subtle mods.

I am now testing some remedy actions with sgd8 and 30 mins duration to reduce the key concern on leaves been trapped in the gap of the inner mesh and please also see my subtle big 4 BBK in silver and no logo for stock 17" as compared to somebody's stock 17".

Cheers,

Richard

post-149594-0-73407400-1491210834_thumb.jpeg

post-149594-0-40213600-1491210852_thumb.jpg

post-149594-0-26647700-1491210903_thumb.jpg

Hi bros, wanted to check with you, after driving the QQ for a while and when I park, the bonnet side nearer the battery is hotter than the driver side. also there seems to be a hot iron smell coming from the battery side.

Is that normal?

Hey... I have the same smell too.

Is this normal? Anything to watch out?

Dunno,nobody answered me. Will have to ask during 1k servicing .

Buttttt... I off the ECo mode and changed steering to Sport mode. It's wonderful! Now...Wondering if I should change the ethrotle like Richard recommends.

Hi Devilcup,

Qashqai is for my CO and inner mesh helps to maintain stock look with other more subtle mods.

I am now testing some remedy actions with sgd8 and 30 mins duration to reduce the key concern on leaves been trapped in the gap of the inner mesh and please also see my subtle big 4 BBK in silver and no logo for stock 17" as compared to somebody's stock 17".

Cheers,

Richard

Richard, able to share if you did any ducting for the air con pipe under the bonnet? Noticed it was sweating heavily after a drive.

Richard, able to share if you did any ducting for the air con pipe under the bonnet? Noticed it was sweating heavily after a drive.

Hey Espeno,

Sure ...please see below photo.

Mh23 did more elaborate wrap with another layer of reflective outer shield which he can show.

Tens of bros also were helped by group diyer with aircon pipe wrap to address this after spending

post-149594-0-19944300-1491232063_thumb.jpg

Hi Devilcup,

Cheers,

Richard

Let me know if your 8sgd works or not. When I free I will head down asetmod to do the mesh for sure.

Hey Espeno,

Sure ...please see below photo.

Mh23 did more elaborate wrap with another layer of reflective outer shield which he can show.

Tens of bros also were helped by group diyer with aircon pipe wrap to address this after spending

I also want to do this. Can intro or teach me how, where to buy the materials?

Can anyone tell me what the cylinder hole beside the 12V port is meant to store?

If u have any spare 12v charger, especially those for USB charging, can store there.

At the same box, nearer the driver side, there is a small card holder too that I use for my Esso card.

It's all these details that's makes QQ such a brilliant car to drive

Neutral Newbie

Hi Spacerevo,

You mean RDS feature of some headunits and those that I had before ??

If yes, not sure if stock headunit has it cos oreli change mine but why you need separate antenna ? If stock headunit haz it, it would have setting and show with existing antenna when broadcasted.

Cheers.

Richard

Hi Richard,

I'm not sure whats it called but my previous ride has this option to receive traffic updates (e.g. Road Works, Heavy traffic etc) and make better decision on which routes to take.My previous ride had this additional antenna to receive this information.  current headunit in Qashqai does not seems to have it and it really give bad traffic route suggestions. 

Anyone has any contacts of WS that can look into this?

Thank you very much.

regards

Wilson

Hi Richard,

I'm not sure whats it called but my previous ride has this option to receive traffic updates (e.g. Road Works, Heavy traffic etc) and make better decision on which routes to take.My previous ride had this additional antenna to receive this information.  current headunit in Qashqai does not seems to have it and it really give bad traffic route suggestions. 

Thank you very much.

regards

Wilson

The supplied Galactio GPS system has live traffic capability but this feature is not supplied with our system. Not sure if you can "upgrade" the system to have this feature.

Personally, I prefer to rely on Google Maps or Waze (more agressive) for live traffic. I feel the navigation system is better.

I have read bros here mentioning tat the engine generates alot of heat therefore they have heat wraps or shields in the compartment to prolong the life of battery..the burning smell should b becoz the heat generated in the compartment coupled with the existing new rubber insulation..

But if u tink something is burning,suggest u go to servicing ctr rather than wait til 1k servicing..

• Praise 1

Hi Richard,

Thank you very much.

regards

Wilson

Hi Wilson,

Best to check with TC or await other bros to advise as I no longer have the stock HU .... sorry cannot help and dun think outside workshop will bother to check and advise.

More on RDS here:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Radio_Data_System

Cheers,

Richard

(edited)

I also want to do this. Can intro or teach me how, where to buy the materials?

Hi Espeno,

Unfortunately the workshop that did mine and mh23 is not longer doing this for SGD60 I think.

Also, it with done by diyer in the whatsapp group that I did not participate since mine already done but any aircon fitting shop can supply this to you at <sgd10 and you just need to slit it and just wrap over with black cable ties to secured it.  Just ensure the air con wrap is non flammable and high temp type at >105 deg C.

Cannot share more ....cheers,

Richard

Edited by richard_crl032