Nissan QashQai 2014 Part 2

RadX

Hey richard

The 2 in 1 module looks one. Is it easy to install the tpms on the wheel? Btw, do you know of where to get the obd splitter?

Hi Weiqiang,

This tpms is without sensors in tyres to be installed and no batteries to change or sensors without replaceable batteristo be thrown. Pls google indirect tpms and it had been around for years ...uses rotation of wheels to calculate if one of the tyres is significantly smaller in diameter to alert you on flats. To recalibrate after rotation or tyre change, you press a button and run it for 1km. Disadvantage is that you do not see absolute pressure to optimise it but you circumvent by pumping say every 1-2 mths. Installation is just plug and olay into obd socket.

Forget about getting obd cable from local shops at sgd30-60 and just get from here for sgd15:

KWOKKER OBD 2 Right Angle 1 To 4 16 Pin Extension Any Car Cable For Diagnostic Adapter Tool

http://s.aliexpress.com/jeeEjiIz

(from AliExpress Android)

Cheers.

Richard

↡ Advertisement

No havent. Didn't have time. Plus right door got rattle sound

Same haha

Same haha

I think no need ethrottle ... U should try just the WhatsApp group and install surbo. It will make airflow better.

Hi Juz,

Ethrottle serves different purpose from surbo with many thanks to bro marcostan' good lobang with all 5 installed also with his help and great lobang for workshop.

I would never do without ethrottle cos it significantky helps rpm to get to 1.75k rpm for max torque of our turbo/ride and hence while it does not increases torque or power, it does quicken our pick up. Best of all, you can adjust to individual preference just how responsive you wishes with in-cabin comfort as well and no concern on warranty by TC without renoval during service.

I can simply out ethrottle setting to normal and test out 5 pcs surbo alone or back to with ethrottle to feel thr difference ... big difference even at sp4 out of 7 on my 10 yr old epivot drive ethrottle.

Surbo deals with airflow in and out of our engine with resulting pick up being less lagging and smoother ..actually perfect match for ethrottle if some owners finds ethrottle a bit on the "wide side".

If I were to install only one, I would go for ethrottle and yes, both ethrottle and surbo raise FC but more so with ethrottle with associated more significant difference.

Cheers and regards.

Richard

(edited)

May I ask what function the OBD door lock serves? Thanks in advance.

Hi, it has 8 functions:

1. Auto central lock when speed exceeds 10kph after driving off

2. Auto central lock again (when speed > 10kph) after driving off each time there are passengers getting in & out of car during journey 

3. Auto unlock all doors when engine is turned off

4. Directional lamps flash (also shown on dashboard) when any door is opened (such as when pulling over for passengers to get in/out) while engine is on; also flash when any door is ajar (not fully closed); flash 5 times when any door is opened after engine is off

5. Directional lamps quick flash for 3 sec during an emergency brake resulting in speed >50kph dropping to 10kph within 2 sec

6. Auto unlock all doors during a collision resulting in speed >50kph dropping to 0 kph within 3 sec.

7. Hazard lights flash while reversing

8. Auto central lock 60 seconds after engine is stopped and all doors are closed & driver forgot to lock doors.

All tested good except (5) & (6) (touch wood ...)

cheers!

Edited by Richard8752
  • Praise 1

Hi, it has 8 functions:

1. Auto central lock when speed exceeds 10kph after driving off

2. Auto central lock again (when speed > 10kph) after driving off each time there are passengers getting in & out of car during journey

3. Auto unlock all doors when engine is turned off

4. Directional lamps flash (also shown on dashboard) when any door is opened (such as when pulling over for passengers to get in/out) while engine is on; also flash when any door is ajar (not fully closed); flash 5 times when any door is opened after engine is off

5. Directional lamps quick flash for 3 sec during an emergency brake resulting in speed >50kph dropping to 10kph within 2 sec

6. Auto unlock all doors during a collision resulting in speed >50kph dropping to 0 kph within 3 sec.

7. Hazard lights flash while reversing

8. Auto central lock 60 seconds after engine is stopped and all doors are closed & driver forgot to lock doors.

All tested good except (5) & (6) (touch wood ...)

cheers!

Hey Richard,

Watch out on #8 ...perhaps just me but this is a no no especially if your CO drive your qashqai cos she would usually have fob remote in handbags and it will override the stock preventive locking even if your remote is inside car.

Already known cases of bros needing to rush back to TC service center cos technician had remote locked out inside car. Valet parking will be another likelihood and bo fun needing to get home to bring your spare key to car.

Think likelihood of leaving car doors unlocked is many times more unlikely compared to locking out with remote inside car. I lelonged this version and revert to mine older version without such function ..to bro who dun mind the risk although it can be disabled.

Cheers.

Richard

Hi Juz,

Ethrottle serves different purpose from surbo with many thanks to bro marcostan' good lobang with all 5 installed also with his help and great lobang for workshop.

I would never do without ethrottle cos it significantky helps rpm to get to 1.75k rpm for max torque of our turbo/ride and hence while it does not increases torque or power, it does quicken our pick up. Best of all, you can adjust to individual preference just how responsive you wishes with in-cabin comfort as well and no concern on warranty by TC without renoval during service.

I can simply out ethrottle setting to normal and test out 5 pcs surbo alone or back to with ethrottle to feel thr difference ... big difference even at sp4 out of 7 on my 10 yr old epivot drive ethrottle.

Surbo deals with airflow in and out of our engine with resulting pick up being less lagging and smoother ..actually perfect match for ethrottle if some owners finds ethrottle a bit on the "wide side".

If I were to install only one, I would go for ethrottle and yes, both ethrottle and surbo raise FC but more so with ethrottle with associated more significant difference.

Cheers and regards.

Richard

Btw, I did an MO for epivot ethrottle compact version from yahoo! Auction japan and had local workshop installed them at total grand price of <sgd210.

Just ensure to search "th-05a" which is the suitable harness for our qashqai and ignore car model cos unit itself is universal.

Cheers.

Richard

Hey Richard,

Watch out on #8 ...perhaps just me but this is a no no especially if your CO drive your qashqai cos she would usually have fob remote in handbags and it will override the stock preventive locking even if your remote is inside car.

Already known cases of bros needing to rush back to TC service center cos technician had remote locked out inside car. Valet parking will be another likelihood and bo fun needing to get home to bring your spare key to car.

Think likelihood of leaving car doors unlocked is many times more unlikely compared to locking out with remote inside car. I lelonged this version and revert to mine older version without such function ..to bro who dun mind the risk although it can be disabled.

Cheers.

Richard

Btw, I did an MO for epivot ethrottle compact version from yahoo! Auction japan and had local workshop installed them at total grand price of <sgd210.

Just ensure to search "th-05a" which is the suitable harness for our qashqai and ignore car model cos unit itself is universal.

Cheers.

Richard

Hi Richard senior,

Yes I agree with u. In fact, the manual also warns of own car key being locked in the car. Do u know how this function can be disabled and what is the other OBD type that is without function (8)?

Cheers

Richard junior.

(edited)

Hi Richard senior,

Yes I agree with u. In fact, the manual also warns of own car key being locked in the car. Do u know how this function can be disabled and what is the other OBD type that is without function (8)?

Cheers

Richard junior.

Hey Richard8752,

Yes, I am probably a bit older but dun call me senior leh .... secret of me being an old man will be out sooner than I hoped ..keke !  Please call me Richard ok  ?

Depending on the actual module/mfgr but mine is to be toggled between activation-deviation status by quick pressing on lock button thrice within 3 seconds after start engine button is pressed which is not as easy as it sounds especially for me cos I had steelmate installed that delayed the lock button ... need find the manual to know exactly cos memory is a bit vague after quite some time especially my CO got lock out but fortunately while still parked at the drive-way :)

I did an MO of 60 units in total about 1 year ago for the below that was recommended by a bro here in mcf after 3 different versions that did not work cos it was for the older J10 version:

https://ezbuy.sg/product/20000003484545.html?src=10100

Just choose the 2016 version and you are set.

Cheers,

Richard

Edited by richard_crl032

Hey Richard8752,

Yes, I am probably a bit older but dun call me senior leh .... secret of me being an old man will be out sooner than I hoped ..keke !  Please call me Richard ok  ?

Depending on the actual module/mfgr but mine is to be toggled between activation-deviation status by quick pressing on lock button thrice within 3 seconds after start engine button is pressed which is not as easy as it sounds especially for me cos I had steelmate installed that delayed the lock button ... need find the manual to know exactly cos memory is a bit vague after quite some time especially my CO got lock out but fortunately while still parked at the drive-way :)

I did an MO of 60 units in total about 1 year ago for the below that was recommended by a bro here in mcf after 3 different versions that did not work cos it was for the older J10 version:

https://ezbuy.sg/product/20000003484545.html?src=10100

Just choose the 2016 version and you are set.

Cheers,

Richard

Hi Richard, tks for your quick reply always. I also not so young either ... hee hee

Found the way to disable as shown in the image.

Close all doors. On then off engine. Within next 10 sec, press remote lock - unlock 3 times whereby each lock-unlock action to be done within 2 sec.

Cheers (still new so left 1 more post till tmr)

Richard

post-189345-0-93137400-1497198908_thumb.jpg

Hi Weiqiang,

This tpms is without sensors in tyres to be installed and no batteries to change or sensors without replaceable batteristo be thrown. Pls google indirect tpms and it had been around for years ...uses rotation of wheels to calculate if one of the tyres is significantly smaller in diameter to alert you on flats. To recalibrate after rotation or tyre change, you press a button and run it for 1km. Disadvantage is that you do not see absolute pressure to optimise it but you circumvent by pumping say every 1-2 mths. Installation is just plug and olay into obd socket.

Forget about getting obd cable from local shops at sgd30-60 and just get from here for sgd15:

KWOKKER OBD 2 Right Angle 1 To 4 16 Pin Extension Any Car Cable For Diagnostic Adapter Tool

Cheers.

Richard

Hi Richard, can I confirm that with this 1 to 4 plug, I can plug in my HUB display ODB2 and auto lock ODB2 at the same time? Thanks.

Hi Richard, can I confirm that with this 1 to 4 plug, I can plug in my HUB display ODB2 and auto lock ODB2 at the same time? Thanks.

Morning Ironman,

Sure ..no worry.

Just need to ensure that any module does not have idle current of more than say 50mA else you will drain your battery. No issue on the tmps+autolock module and your HUB display if the latter which I am not familiar had worked without doing so.

I have a 2 pcs of this 1-4 obd cable daisy-chained for up to 7 obd modules including epivot ethrottle, autolock module, tpms module, electric tailgate, blindspot monitoring, racechip and BT diagnostic module.

Cheers.

Richard

Hi Richard, tks for your quick reply always. I also not so young either ... hee hee

Found the way to disable as shown in the image.

Close all doors. On then off engine. Within next 10 sec, press remote lock - unlock 3 times whereby each lock-unlock action to be done within 2 sec.

Cheers (still new so left 1 more post till tmr)

Richard

Hi Richard8752,

Cool !

Cheers.

Richard

Neutral Newbie

Anyone trade in their 17in rims recently or plan to? i want to get a spare wheels as i travel Malaysia regularly.

(edited)

Saw this decal sticker on the Road ...

Very slick looking ......

Is this a new sticker decal from the whatapps chat group ???

And look what I found on face book

https://www.facebook.com/events/102164890381345/

With up coming event to malacca ---- road trip eat durian .....

Hi LJL-agent7,

That is NOT the new decal of your mentioned earlier whatsapp group that I am part of ..this is an alternate whatsapp group formed by mostly ex bros of the whatsapp group, including well learnt meemee, marcostan etc. here.

Hope this clarifies but did tried to avoid this confusion without success

Edited by richard_crl032

Hi,

I'm driving a new 1.2 qashqai for 1.5 yrs. i noticed that the driver seat having some clicking sound whenever i go thru humps or turning left in recent months. I have sent my car to TC twice complaining this but it was not solved. Anyone having this issue here?

Thanks!

Just wanted to share my experience with this.

Last time on my former ride i went to a certain tyre shop to get my tyres changed. After 6 months went back to them to do free balancing.shortly after my car also got tok tok sound when i go over humps or turn right.

Went back to my trusted mechanic. And found that the nut holding the link was deliberately loosened. I can only conclude that the tyre shop want me to go back for rectification and pay more fees

Hi LJL-agent7,

That is NOT the new decal of your mentioned earlier whatsapp group that I am part of ..this is an alternate whatsapp group formed by mostly ex bros of the whatsapp group, including well learnt meemee, marcostan etc. here.

Hope this clarifies but did tried to avoid this confusion without successð

Cheers.

Richard

So you are the 正宗 qashqai - group !!!!

Neutral Newbie

my SE told me can do it at Alexander service centre at around 110, i plan to install the mesh grill after collect my car

Hi. Is your SE doing the front mesh grill for you through a third party workshop? Cos I called tan chong parts office ( https://www.nissan.com.sg/after-sales/accessories/qashqai-accessories.html) and asked about this accessory and was informed that they only have one standard grill and that is the stock grill.

Hi Weiqiang,

Cheers.

Richard

Hi Richard

Thanks lot. I'm not a frequent NSHW user, and do not need absolute reading. seem like this plug and use tpms would be quite applicable for me.

By the way, due to my office location i would have to park my car at surface car park instead of the covered one (nearest one is too far away) :(

Any idea how i better protect my.car from the daily sunshine, heat etc. Or it shouldnt be a concern to me.

Im prepared to have to wash the car more regularly.

Regards

↡ Advertisement