Nissan QashQai 2014 Part 2

RadX

Hi Richard

Thanks lot. I'm not a frequent NSHW user, and do not need absolute reading. seem like this plug and use tpms would be quite applicable for me.

By the way, due to my office location i would have to park my car at surface car park instead of the covered one (nearest one is too far away) :(

Any idea how i better protect my.car from the daily sunshine, heat etc. Or it shouldnt be a concern to me.

Im prepared to have to wash the car more regularly.

Regards

Hi Weiqiang,

Not about nshway driving but some bros may feel it is good to know absolute pressure to optimise fuel efficiency etc. but yes, you can circumvent by using pumping up every 1-2 months.

Paiseh, do not know of any good protection coating presumably for car on exposed car park daily but you can consider the following:

- SGD10 reflective screen for dashboard

- fixing window visors and installing good lobang from Marcostan that will allow 10mm gap for a 4 windows when you lock as well as all window down when unlocking ... it also adds 4 window auto control without holding buttons and ensure locking means all windows are up:

https://ezbuy.sg/product/buyforme.html?url=https%3A%2F%2Fdetail.tmall.com%2Fitem.htm%3Fid%3D524877101203%26_ezgpid%3D50000001356856&src=10001

Cheers,

Richard

↡ Advertisement

Hi Applegal,

Congras !

PPS is paint coating protection but hard to expect those 1-time application to work for long ..all need maintenance one regardless what workshops tell you. Best in class with regular maintenance will be autoglym but not cheap.

Obd autolock module from Richard is fine but if you wish to also get tpms to alert you on flat tyres, please consider this latest 2 in 1 module with sensorless tpms:

科来福专用于日产新奇骏轩逸天籁骐达蓝鸟逍客改装OBD胎压监测器 https://m.ezbuy.sg/product/https%3A%2F%2Fdetail.tmall.com%2Fitem.htm%3Fid%3D530450521411%26cv%3DIgaiZGa7W42%26sm%3D234ec3%26_ezgpid%3D50000001487202?src=OneKey#https://m.ezbuy.sg/product/https%3A%2F%2Fdetail.tmall.com%2Fitem.htm%3Fid%3D530450521411%26cv%3DIgaiZGa7W42%26sm%3D234ec3%26_ezgpid%3D50000001487202?src=OneKey

Glad one bro mentioned new ride with new horn else indeed please change cos it is a safety concern.

You may also want to consider auto side mirror folding if none installed ..very useful to indicate locked door but pls get duplex version that open/close when unlock/lock and not simplex one that only open when starting engine ..grand cost of sgd60-65. Also helps prevent side mirrors being scratched or hit by other cars when they are parking.

Good luck !

Richard

Thanks Richard for the recommendation! 

Oh so that is what pps mean, and yes i have to agree that it requires maintenance, and i heard of those that people did at carpark with no shop at a cheaper rates. What do you recommend?

The OBD looks good, but is it necessary for the tyre notification or a good to have?

Btw, my se did include auto folding side mirror for me, so i save up on this part of the cost. 

And i will most likely be getting my ride next week before the long weekend, so looking forward!!

Oh so that is what pps mean, and yes i have to agree that it requires maintenance, and i heard of those that people did at carpark with no shop at a cheaper rates. What do you recommend?

The OBD looks good, but is it necessary for the tyre notification or a good to have?

Btw, my se did include auto folding side mirror for me, so i save up on this part of the cost.

And i will most likely be getting my ride next week before the long weekend, so looking forward!!

Hi Applegal,

No recommendation from me on pps coating at carpark and pls await other bros to advise.

Tpms is good to have especially if indeed you are a gal which I did not notice ... with apology.

Cheers.

Richard

Neutral Newbie

Hi. Is your SE doing the front mesh grill for you through a third party workshop? Cos I called tan chong parts office ( https://www.nissan.com.sg/after-sales/accessories/qashqai-accessories.html) and asked about this accessory and was informed that they only have one standard grill and that is the stock grill.

i checked with se again, u are right that it is from third party installer. by the way, TC have standard grill? how much it cost and how its look?

Hi Weiqiang,

This tpms is without sensors in tyres to be installed and no batteries to change or sensors without replaceable batteristo be thrown. Pls google indirect tpms and it had been around for years ...uses rotation of wheels to calculate if one of the tyres is significantly smaller in diameter to alert you on flats. To recalibrate after rotation or tyre change, you press a button and run it for 1km. Disadvantage is that you do not see absolute pressure to optimise it but you circumvent by pumping say every 1-2 mths. Installation is just plug and olay into obd socket.

Forget about getting obd cable from local shops at sgd30-60 and just get from here for sgd15:

KWOKKER OBD 2 Right Angle 1 To 4 16 Pin Extension Any Car Cable For Diagnostic Adapter Tool

http://s.aliexpress.com/jeeEjiIz

(from AliExpress Android)

Cheers.

Richard

Hi Richard, need your advise, as i travel frequently using NSHW,any good solution on case tyre puncture? especially during the night. I am thinking to get actual size spare wheels(tyre and rim), but dont know where to get.

(edited)

i checked with se again, u are right that it is from third party installer. by the way, TC have standard grill? how much it cost and how its look?

Hi Richard, need your advise, as i travel frequently using NSHW,any good solution on case tyre puncture? especially during the night. I am thinking to get actual size spare wheels(tyre and rim), but dont know where to get.

Hi BS2017,

Yes ...saw your earlier msg.

You can take mine then but do install tpms which will certainly help.

You can also buy this but do change every 6 mths cos this glue is likely to harden if left too long:

6pcs Auto Car Tire Repair Kit Car Bike Auto Tubeless Tire Tyre Puncture Plug Repair Tool Kit Diagnostic-tool Car Accessories

http://s.aliexpress.com/aIB3Er6R

(from AliExpress Android)

Just PMed you.

Cheers.

Richard

Edited by richard_crl032

Meet up for more poisonous! woohoo!!!

• Dislike 1

Last month i went servicing... They sticked fastflow decal... No idea if they use shell or other brand syn oil

This morning went for my 20k servicing. They are now using Shell Helix Ultra for synthetic oil, it's part of the package for NPMP. Anyway since I wasn't so sure, so I brought mine to change. Below some info for bros who might be interested to know.

tech did a batt test before SA served me. My stock battery charge as below, so SA recommend change of battery, cost me $200(after 25% discount).

9zsl0w.jpg

new battery:

2s0xts5.jpg

Update my GPS map the first time(free) as mine was outdated(2014), subsequent will be $120 charge. Think they swapped to a new memory card. New software and map version as below:

21cfgvk.jpg

k4y2he.jpg

• Praise 3

Hi LJL,

No such thing as æ­£å® qashqai - but yes, I am still with the qashqai group that started about 1 yr 9 months ago that is administered by a group of 6 bros, including mh23, dopeyone, jonquah, ahboon etc. here

Team qashqai bros are also same qashqai owners, including meemee, Marcostan etc. who were previously in the same qashqai group but has more social events like futsal, trips to Malacca, durian trip, qashqai mod etc. that is great for like-minded bros.

Bros from both groups meet for joint gtg, car mods, rice donation activities, kopi/prata supper sessions etc. just like we meet here in mycarforum.

Cheers,

Richard

Marcos / mee mee

How to get in touch with the team qashqai ?????

The decal look slick ..... and super sick in a good way.....

Just to share to those that are considering buying QQ, negotiate with your SE for front n rear cam to iroad V9, front sensor. I have got mine.

Hi Bro,

I have been driving my QQ 1.2 since April this year and noted the following problems:-

1. Squeaky brake noise when braking to a stop and letting the brake off. The SE said it is normal for the brake to have abit of noise.

2. The reverse sensor beeps erratically especially during rain or after rain. The SE said that it is due to the sensor wet and it is like that.

3. Rattling noise coming from the front seat under the dashboard but difficult to pin point.

Any bros encounter similar issues ?

Hi Bro,

I have been driving my QQ 1.2 since April this year and noted the following problems:-

1. Squeaky brake noise when braking to a stop and letting the brake off. The SE said it is normal for the brake to have abit of noise.

2. The reverse sensor beeps erratically especially during rain or after rain. The SE said that it is due to the sensor wet and it is like that.

3. Rattling noise coming from the front seat under the dashboard but difficult to pin point.

Any bros encounter similar issues ?

Hi John,

1. Indeed normal. Guess you had also noticed our dusty front rims and it is quite usual of conti car to have more abrupt/less progressive braking, high dusty and this noise. If you wish, you can change to vetto, nibk, asuki etc. brake pad and it is be less dusty, noise and back to progressive feel of typical jap cars but arguably less braking performance.

2. These reverse and front sensors are local tiong fitting and low end IR technology ... always problematic with false alarm, failed sensors, prone to water leakage and greatly affected rain. Yes ..it is also normal and depending on design, drilling a small hole at sensors allow water to drain out help in some case.

3. This rattling is common and can be due to several reasons ...3d party wiring not insulated e.g. gps, stick connector, warp of glove compartment and enclosure etc. Pls go to aestmod at 23 Geylang Lorong 11 to find ah boon for help.

Cheers.

Richard

For rattling ard 1500rpm, u can check with the TC senior tech, they will know which clip to adjust

This car sure rattles like no tomorrow

Update my GPS map the first time(free) as mine was outdated(2014), subsequent will be $120 charge. Think they swapped to a new memory card. New software and map version as below:

For future updates, you can update the map yourself and save $120. I have done it twice before although I have not done it recently. However, do it at your own risk.

Instructions given in my post #5305:

http://www.mycarforum.com/topic/2702219-nissan-qashqai-2014-part-2/?p=6043851

For future updates, you can update the map yourself and save $120. I have done it twice before although I have not done it recently. However, do it at your own risk.

Instructions given in my post #5305:

http://www.mycarforum.com/topic/2702219-nissan-qashqai-2014-part-2/?p=6043851

Already copied your method on my note. Reason I didn't do manual update coz my software was 8.13, and have to go back to manufacturer, troublesome, so I just use my free update from TC, then will proceed to do manual update from now on. Thanks for your help anyway.

↡ Advertisement