Nissan QashQai 2014 Part 2

RadX

Hi Clement,

Stock traded in, Pirelli Scorpion traded in and CPC sold to fellow FXT owner who needed new set of tyres for some reduced cost.

Michelin Primacy 3 ST to keep and I am ok with non performance tyres since not like those balls of steel fxt owners ... just a 55 yr old uncle into soon-to-be retirement years.

Cheers,

Richard

ohh i see.. hope u still remember me haha at the harrier thread...

So which is the best tyre for quiet and not too pricey?

↡ Advertisement

ohh i see.. hope u still remember me haha at the harrier thread...

So which is the best tyre for quiet and not too pricey?

Hi Clement,

Sure do ...think primacy 3 ST is not too extravagant, damn quiet and Andrew bro shared up to 40k km still ok at about 230 for 235/55/18.

Cheera.

Richard

U don't need data plan to use google maps. In google maps u can download offline maps for the area u are visiting before u go overseas after which u can use google maps for navigation without data, just that u won't get traffic conditions info (u don't get traffic info on the HU navigation as well so no diff).

Just to add that when using Google Maps offline, you can navigate to pre-set locations, but you cannot search for locations. Search function does not work.

Any idea how much do TC charge for updating the map ?

The current map is not supported by the older map software. You need to update both software and map. I was told that you can go back to TCM to update the GPS software FOC one time w/n 2 years of car purchase. When they update your GPS software, I am sure they will update your map too.

Since maps do not change very much within a year, I will go update the software (and map) just before the 2 years is up.

But all the time, I use Google maps or Waze. Don't bother to use the car GPS anymore.

Just to add that when using Google Maps offline, you can navigate to pre-set locations, but you cannot search for locations. Search function does not work.

The current map is not supported by the older map software. You need to update both software and map. I was told that you can go back to TCM to update the GPS software FOC one time w/n 2 years of car purchase. When they update your GPS software, I am sure they will update your map too.

Since maps do not change very much within a year, I will go update the software (and map) just before the 2 years is up.

But all the time, I use Google maps or Waze. Don't bother to use the car GPS anymore.

Offline search function works for me leh.

My phone's google maps has offline whole Singapore map (saves data in daily use). Just tested by putting my phone on airplane mode, I can still search addresses I've not been to.

Been driving my FL 1.2 Qq for 2 weeks at times when slow down at turns and then accelerate I do feel like a lapse on the pick up on speed.

Does any Bro here experience the same is this normal?

Edited by KelvinCyndi
  • Praise 1

Been driving my FL 1.2 Qq for 2 weeks at times when slow down at turns and then accelerate I do feel like a lapse on the pick up on speed.

Does any Bro here experience the same is this normal?

Hi Kelvin,

It is typical for the 1.2L to otherwise a great composed, well insulation and great handling ride.

I always recommend mandatory ethrottle, brisk/pulstar performance sparks, K&N/Hurricane performance air filter and surbos to alleviate this phenomenon.

Ethrottle is especially effective to get to 1.75k rpm where our turbo max out on the required torque of 160+ Nm.

Cheers,

Richard

Hi Clement,

Sure do ...think primacy 3 ST is not too extravagant, damn quiet and Andrew bro shared up to 40k km still ok at about 230 for 235/55/18.

Cheera.

Richard

Hi Clement, 

Sorry ... michelin Primacy 3 ST dun have 235/55/18 (mixed up with michelin Latitude Sport 3 that has the 55 profile but more performance oriented and hence nosier) but 235/50/18 instead for my fxt but have 216/60/17 for our qashqai 1.2L.

Cheers.

Richard

Offline search function works for me leh.

My phone's google maps has offline whole Singapore map (saves data in daily use). Just tested by putting my phone on airplane mode, I can still search addresses I've not been to.

Hi Drive,

If in Singapore and using offline map of googlemap to save data, you loses one of the key live traffic functionality of googlemap.

For offline map, sygic with most accurate turn by turn instructions and alerted will be the #1 choice which you also have to pay extra for live traffic.

Cheers,

Richard

Hi Kelvin,

It is typical for the 1.2L to otherwise a great composed, well insulation and great handling ride.

I always recommend mandatory ethrottle, brisk/pulstar performance sparks, K&N/Hurricane performance air filter and surbos to alleviate this phenomenon.

Ethrottle is especially effective to get to 1.75k rpm where our turbo max out on the required torque of 160+ Nm.

Cheers,

Richard

Hi Clement,

Sorry ... michelin Primacy 3 ST dun have 235/55/18 (mixed up with michelin Latitude Sport 3 that has the 55 profile but more performance oriented and hence nosier) but 235/50/18 instead for my fxt but have 216/60/17 for our qashqai 1.2L.

Cheers.

Richard

Hi Drive,

If in Singapore and using offline map of googlemap to save data, you loses one of the key live traffic functionality of googlemap.

For offline map, sygic with most accurate turn by turn instructions and alerted will be the #1 choice which you also have to pay extra for live traffic.

Cheers,

Richard

Bro, any recommendation where we can get this ethrottle and this spark plug install?

Bro, any recommendation where we can get this ethrottle and this spark plug install?

Hi Kelvin,

Ethrottle can install at Mcwell for sgd350 or go online yahoo japan etc. for compact version around sgd200+ with shipping and sgd30 instllation at elite car at kaki bukit. Good investment cos I am using almost 10 yrs old one in my fxt and qashqai that I removed from estima and sunny ..just need to buy different harness at sgd50.

Pulstar or brisk can be gotten from same ebay uk seller but I recommend Pulstar cos there is some FC reduction. Elite car will also install the plugs for 30-40 I think ...cos cannot remember but any car mechanic can do so.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F362017187564

http://www.elitecarventures.com c/o ah wei

Cheers.

Richard

Edited by richard_crl032

Hi Kelvin,

Ethrottle can install at Mcwell for sgd350 or go online yahoo japan etc. for compact version around sgd200+ with shipping and sgd30 instllation at elite car at kaki bukit. Good investment cos I am using almost 10 yrs old one in my fxt and qashqai that I removed from estima and sunny ..just need to buy different harness at sgd50.

Pulstar or brisk can be gotten from same ebay uk seller but I recommend Pulstar cos there is some FC reduction. Elite car will also install the plugs for 30-40 I think ...cos cannot remember but any car mechanic can do so.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F362017187564

http://www.elitecarventures.com c/o ah wei

Cheers.

Richard

Thanks Bro..

Hi Kelvin,

Cheers,

Richard

Hi Clement,

Cheers.

Richard

Hi Drive,

Cheers,

Richard

Hi Richard.

What I meant was, I have offline map downloaded and still have data turned on when using google maps, so it doesn't need to keep downloading the map during use but only downloads the live traffic info. So I still get live traffic even though using offline map.

Well actually I'm not really sure if this helps to save data. But I do it anyway in case network down (happened before not too long ago and in the news) or signal weak at ulu place, I'm still able to use the app.

• Praise 1

Nothing is bad. Just that I'm using android and it does not allow the USB connection for playing my Sportify. Android Hu which have wifi function and installing Sportify app in it is my buy point for changing.

If ur HU has Bluetooth, just go get a budget tablet and mount it, connect via Bluetooth.

Tada you have a android HU with way better specs and functionality than buying a new android HU with sub-par specs.

Hi bros,

Sharing this sgd2 mod for 1.2l bros that is fully reversible and cannot imagine any concern to be raised by tanchong.

This mod for direct and fresh cool air thru front grill is based on original idea by bro dopeyone here with some variation and I find pick up choking up before 3k rpm when needing to rev up ...  is no longer there.

Our small little engine rev sweetly to 3.5-4.0k rpm before gear change ..perfect !

Enjoy !

Richard

post-149594-0-47824300-1510298271.jpeg

post-149594-0-64316600-1510298281.jpeg

Edited by richard_crl032
  • Praise 1

Bro are you referring to this ECUTECH Power Throttle? Will this affect our TC warranty?

Hi Kelvin,

I am using almost 10 yr old Pivot Drive ethrottle but yes, similar ethrottle like the ECUTech Power throttle but I would recommend made in japan Pivot instead:

http://mcwellonline.com.sg/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=83&search=pivot

For ethrottle I can say with resounding NO one engine so far cos I had timing chain cover leakage and other engine work fully serviced under warranty by Tanchong with ethrottle installed and shown obviously in dashboard for last almost 2 years.  Gearbox had not failed yet and so I cannot say but just hide it if you have concern ... I would not bother like probably 80 bros in the whatsapp group

Cheers,

Richard

Edited by richard_crl032

you would need to get a drl module to turn it off. however, it is not a very straightforward installation.

the cabin lights can be changed easily by getting t10 bulbs.

pick up and acceleration would certainly improve woth the drawback of sound. it can very loud and uncomfortable for some passengers.

Hi babyjyo,

Indeed not a straightforward installation and even if you have the a pair of module, DRL off is only for situation when front headlight is off as in the situation of being in the car park.

If you want to have option of DRL off at all times, including during nite driving when headlight certainly cannot be off, you will need 2 pairs of module which make it pretty expensive at about sgd500 .... yes, yours truly pre-FL xiaobao has it but not sure how the new FL works.

Cheers,

Richard

Hi babyjyo,

Indeed not a straightforward installation and even if you have the a pair of module, DRL off is only for situation when front headlight is off as in the situation of being in the car park.

If you want to have option of DRL off at all times, including during nite driving when headlight certainly cannot be off, you will need 2 pairs of module which make it pretty expensive at about sgd500 .... yes, yours truly pre-FL xiaobao has it but not sure how the new FL works.

Cheers,

Richard

If want to off DRL permanently I would just disconnect the cable.

Hi bros,

Sharing this sgd2 mod for 1.2l bros that is fully reversible and cannot imagine any concern to be raised by tanchong.

This mod for direct and fresh cool air thru front grill is based on original idea by bro dopeyone here with some variation and I find pick up choking up before 3k rpm when needing to rev up ... is no longer there.

Our small little engine rev sweetly to 3.5-4.0k rpm before gear change ..perfect !

Enjoy !

Richard

Looks like an ingenious idea!

If want to off DRL permanently I would just disconnect the cable.

Hi DriveCar,

Why you want DRL permanently off ??

Also not sure if you will have error cos bcm would detected missing load.

We need elegent solutions and options.

Cheers.

Richard

↡ Advertisement