Nissan QashQai 2014 Part 2

RadX

Just wondering if any bro here bought a dashboard mat locally or from aliexpress? Care to share the links?

Hi Pointpoint,

Found the ebay link for the dashboard mat that I bought which include front airbag flap and confirmed betta quality than taobao/aliexpress one:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Black-Dashmat-for-NISSAN-QashqaiJ11-CC-2-2014-on-Dash-Mat-DM1348-/181850040987?hash=item2a571b6a9b

Cheers,

Richard

Does anyone knows if there is a need to be in a MO or group to be able to get discounted rate for side step installation from Asetmod?

Hi Koyo,

No MO needed but would advise you can several items to do at one go as charges will be lowered.

I always recommend Aestmold cos they welcomed owners to buy their stuff and have them install and Ah Boon their foreman is friendly and not BS experience guy who always try to solve your issues even with your own purchased items.

Good luck !

Cheers,

Richard

↡ Advertisement

hi bros, i have made up my mind to get the 1.2 qashqai. anyone here can share who their SE is and the deal they got? i can pm you. thanks in advance.

Hi Cravecott98,

Had been hearing good things about latest peugeot 308 which you may wish to also test drive... also 1.2L turbo but 230Nm vs 160+Nm and yet reported betta FC which is quite an achievement.  70Nm is a lot !!

http://www.sgcarmart.com/new_cars/newcars_specs.php?CarCode=11450&Subcode=4453

Cheers,

Richard

Edited by richard_crl032

Ok Thanks Richard, asking because the price i heard was almost double.

Hi Pointpoint,

Found the ebay link for the dashboard mat that I bought which include front airbag flap and confirmed betta quality than taobao/aliexpress one:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Black-Dashmat-for-NISSAN-QashqaiJ11-CC-2-2014-on-Dash-Mat-DM1348-/181850040987?hash=item2a571b6a9b

Cheers,

Richard

Hi Koyo,

No MO needed but would advise you can several items to do at one go as charges will be lowered.

I always recommend Aestmold cos they welcomed owners to buy their stuff and have them install and Ah Boon their foreman is friendly and not BS experience guy who always try to solve your issues even with your own purchased items.

Good luck !

Cheers,

Richard

• Praise 1

Hi to all bros here, i'm new owner QQ FL since 2 months ago.

Just want to check whether any place to install auto lock function besides going back to Nissan? They charge $195 just to install simple function.

I have tried to purchase the plug in type to the OBD from TaoBao, but it did not work.

Even go to few accessories shop to try the OBD type. all cannot work.

Any advise?

thanks

Hi JT88,

Thanks for dropping by my place this evening to try out your new FL qashqai 1.2L and sorry to report back to owners of new FL that indeed yours and my auto central lock, flashing hazardous lights etc. module does not work.

Hope DongFeng Nissan releases the FL version asap and I am quite sure then that Taobao sellers will have auto central lock module that will work on your FL qashqai 1.2L ride ... just have to patience abit.

Meanwhile, believe you felt the improved pickup even from my 2 yrs old, 60k km etc. pre FL ride from the pivot drive ethrottle controller with TH-05A harness from McWell Venture at SGD350 or just get a used one from Carousell with worst case SGD80 for harness from Mcwell as well as the Pulstar performance spark plug from ebay seller at UK.  

Hope also that you enjoy having the spirited but quiet and composed drive after my SP,  autofoam, struts,  ARBs, flexible subframe etc. with my forester fxt on stock suspension especially in Sharp Sports mode  :)

Cheers,

Richard

Edited by richard_crl032

shell mineral. if you are on npmp, synthetic for 10.

Hi Babyjyo,

Just to add on ... I would also like to share that dry engine is 5l+ while eo change is only 4l+ or always 1l+ of used eo even after eo change.

As such, I would recommended new owners to waste a bit but change to synthetic eo at even 1k and 5k km service to flush out factory mineral eo as much and as fast as possible since mineral eo degraded sooner and form sludge faster.  Please insist and just use your duo reward points of sgd50 to top up cash of mere sgd20+ and not wait until 10k km to change to synethetic eo.

Cheers,

Richard

Other than looking uncle, dashboard mat is also a dust collector, especially those microfiber or carpet like ones.

If reflection is your concern, u can consider using dashboard protectant that gives matte finish instead. Just spray and wipe.

Hi DriveCar and bros,

Please consider using 3M silicon oil spray instead of over priced dashboard protectors that are reflective e.g. armor etc. if you have no concern on mentioned reflection.

More importantly, silicon oil spray is not oily but dry to touch, not proned to unevenness and last very very long.  

Use this 3M silicon oil also for the following:

- prevents inevitable creaking noise of low leather portion which rubs against the plastic part of of the seat assembly ... just spray and wipe off excess on leather and plastic immediately to have a uniform and non sticky surface

- on inner and outer plastic sills which alleviate inevitable fine scratches as shoes rubs against them

Cheers,

Richard

Hi Richard,

Thanks for your time and indeed this will clear the doubt for all FL owner.

Have tested the one I bought from Tao Bao on Richard’s QQ and it works. Any bro here want just PM me, I will sell at cost price.

For the e throttle, is definately a good option to fill in the gap for the pick up from zero speed.

Test drive on FXT century sprint, very impressive on the ride and enjoy it very much. Money well spend on the MO.

Last but not least, thanks for all your sharing and learnt a lot from you. :)

• Praise 2

Hi Richard,

Have tested the one I bought from Tao Bao on Richard’s QQ and it works. Any bro here want just PM me, I will sell at cost price.

For the e throttle, is definately a good option to fill in the gap for the pick up from zero speed.

Test drive on FXT century sprint, very impressive on the ride and enjoy it very much. Money well spend on the MO.

Hi JT88,

My pleasure and glad to share what I learnt from the 200+ whatsapp group bros albeit no longer there, the bros here at mycarforum and a bit of my experimentation.

Cheers,

Richard

Neutral Newbie

Collected the car about 3 weeks back and have been loving it!

Just two peeves that I'm puzzled on even after reading the forums.

No auto lock feature and even when I pull open my own door, the rest of the doors stay lock. Highly inconvenient!!

The other is the day time running lights. Is there a module to have a switch off function? I park at a busy shopping centre daily so when I want to warm up my car, people keep waiting for my Lot so I can't properly warm it up.

• Praise 1

Hi DriveCar and bros,

Please consider using 3M silicon oil spray instead of over priced dashboard protectors that are reflective e.g. armor etc. if you have no concern on mentioned reflection.

More importantly, silicon oil spray is not oily but dry to touch, not proned to unevenness and last very very long.

Use this 3M silicon oil also for the following:

- prevents inevitable creaking noise of low leather portion which rubs against the plastic part of of the seat assembly ... just spray and wipe off excess on leather and plastic immediately to have a uniform and non sticky surface

- on inner and outer plastic sills which alleviate inevitable fine scratches as shoes rubs against them

Cheers,

Richard

Another one to consider is 303 uv protectant. This may be unheard of by most people in SG because it's not sold in retail but super well known and popular in the states. Can be used on plastic, leather, rubber and whole lot of other surfaces but I only use on plastic. Supposedly gives an anti static finish which repels dust.

• Praise 1

Hi Richard,

Bro... I would never try to sit in his sibeh poisonous ride!!!  :a-noway:  :a-noway:  :a-noway: 

• Praise 2

Hi just to check is the papago car camera given by tan Chong good?

Should I top up and get a better model?

Many thanks

Hi Jimmy,

Should top up if possible else selling even if new is minimal return and typical sgd50 just to remove.

Get iRoad or thinkware with rear at least 720p camera and parked recording function if possible but dun know what are available from your SE.

Cheers.

Richard

Turbocharged

Owners of the 2L Qasqhai. Would like to check with you how long did your factory stock battery lasted?

Mine was 1 yr 7 months before it died on me. Car totally stock.

Collected the car about 3 weeks back and have been loving it!

Just two peeves that I'm puzzled on even after reading the forums.

No auto lock feature and even when I pull open my own door, the rest of the doors stay lock. Highly inconvenient!!

The other is the day time running lights. Is there a module to have a switch off function? I park at a busy shopping centre daily so when I want to warm up my car, people keep waiting for my Lot so I can't properly warm it up.

Hi Iroyh,

Some of us with pre FL has drl module to switch off for pre FL and not sure if works for FL.

It has added function of switching off the drl on the same side of signalling light to have signal lights morr obvious cos drl of pre FL is very near to the signal lights unlike FL ones.

However it is not cheap at almost sgd300 and it works only if headlight is switched off or in day time. I fitted 2 set of modules at almost sgd600 to have this signalling-drl off to work even for nite time and headlight is switched on.

Cheers.

Richard

Another one to consider is 303 uv protectant. This may be unheard of by most people in SG because it's not sold in retail but super well known and popular in the states. Can be used on plastic, leather, rubber and whole lot of other surfaces but I only use on plastic. Supposedly gives an anti static finish which repels dust.

Hi drivecar,

Heard of it but no experience.

Cannot give praise due to previous but thanks for the sharing.

Cheers.

Richard

Owners of the 2L Qasqhai. Would like to check with you how long did your factory stock battery lasted?

Hi kxbc,

1 yr 7 mths is good and can be worse.

Cheers.

Richard

Hi Jimmy,

Should top up if possible else selling even if new is minimal return and typical sgd50 just to remove.

Get iRoad or thinkware with rear at least 720p camera and parked recording function if possible but dun know what are available from your SE.

Cheers.

Richard

Thanks bro
  • Praise 2

I am on the third battery already. Each lasting average 16 to 17 months only. Totally stock as well, not even car camera or charging phone in car.
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2