Last day to buy May 2016 PQP?

Frost98

Does anyone know which day is the last day to buy May 2016 PQP?

My car COE expires on 4 June and I plan to renew. But after today's results, it seems like Jun 2016 PQP will be higher....

Pls advise. Thanks

↡ Advertisement

3rd Gear

Does anyone know which day is the last day to buy May 2016 PQP?

My car COE expires on 4 June and I plan to renew. But after today's results, it seems like Jun 2016 PQP will be higher....

Pls advise. Thanks

June PQP wll be decide by 2nd Bid of May COE, between then til end of May you can renew on 31st May 2016 and it will be considered as MAY PQP.

Hope it helps...

• Praise 1

ok thanks!

June PQP wll be decide by 2nd Bid of May COE, between then til end of May you can renew on 31st May 2016 and it will be considered as MAY PQP.

Hope it helps...

3rd Gear

What is needed for the coe renewal besides the PQP ? Of course insurance would have covered the car.

Ermmm..... Money for the PQP :)

Actually if COE expired on19th May and if renew COE on the 9th May, must we renew road tax immediately? Or can wait until 18th May.

3rd Gear

Actually if COE expired on19th May and if renew COE on the 9th May, must we renew road tax immediately? Or can wait until 18th May.

Can wait til the end then renew.

Hope it helps

5th Gear

The road tax will start at the beginning of the PQP renewal date.

The balance amount of the old road tax will be refund to you.

You need to purchase new insurance too....

OK this link answered my question.

If the application for renewal of COE is made in the month of the COE expiry or after the COE expiry date (within the 1-month grace period with payment of late fees), the PQP rate for the month of COE expiry shall be payable. Upon renewal, the new COE will commence on the next day after the current COE expiry date. If the COE renewal is made prior to the current COE expiry month, the PQP payable shall be the rate applicable at the point of the renewal of the COE. Upon renewal, the new COE will commence from the 1st of the following month from the PQP month and the balance of the current COE will be forfeited.

Since I am renewing in May and COE expiring on 18th May, last day to renew road will be 18th May. Time to renew the car insurance first.

3rd Gear

The road tax will start at the beginning of the PQP renewal date.

The balance amount of the old road tax will be refund to you.

You need to purchase new insurance too....

Why would the road tax be refunded if the new road tax starts on the day after COE expires? There is no refund and you dont need to pay until the due date for road tax...

New insurance subjective, should you be the 2nd owner and your insurance doesnt tally with roadtax, insurance is not necessary unless it is not enough to cover the period of road tax renewal...

↡ Advertisement