Where to buy cheap LED strip

Bluepica

Hello bruders,

Anyone know where can I buy rolls of LED strips for a cheaper price in SG (not taobao or ship from oversea) ?

I know sim lim tower got dozens of shops selling and also some light shop along Jalan Besar and Balestier, but have anyone done any homework where is cheapest?

Need it for my home cove lighting.

thanks!

↡ Advertisement

(edited)

I always get my LED lights from E-top electronics, level 3 Sim Lim Tower.

https://www.google.com.sg/?gws_rd=ssl#q=e-top+electronics

Can try to bargain a bit if buying more or round down the final price. Their labour charge is on the high side if you need him to solder parts.

There is another shop at basement next to the rear stairway exit that leads to the canal. Their LED prices a little higher than E-Top but their labour charges cheaper than E-Top. They also sell ready made lengths of LED strips. This shop, mostly fixed priced items.

Edited by Adrianli
  • Praise 3

Supercharged

Hello bruders,

Anyone know where can I buy rolls of LED strips for a cheaper price in SG (not taobao or ship from oversea) ?

I know sim lim tower got dozens of shops selling and also some light shop along Jalan Besar and Balestier, but have anyone done any homework where is cheapest?

thanks!

not sure your 'cheap' is how cheap.  But very often i walked any of those household hardware shops at heartland estate, all are selling the led strips.  ready size, i think.   

Hello bruders,

thanks!

Saw it in this Hdb corner shop, sells lightings, solar films, etc.... Hardware shop a few doors away.

post-109106-0-11018700-1463109798_thumb.jpeg

not sure your 'cheap' is how cheap.  But very often i walked any of those household hardware shops at heartland estate, all are selling the led strips.  ready size, i think.   

5 years ago those 30LED /meter 3528size are selling like $17/m -$19/m ..... 5 years as today where LED is quite common I think it should be cheaper than that.... however I have not go SLT to check... but when I check some local store website, the price doesn't seems to have drop

5 years ago those 30LED /meter 3528size are selling like $17/m -$19/m ..... 5 years as today where LED is quite common I think it should be cheaper than that.... however I have not go SLT to check... but when I check some local store website, the price doesn't seems to have drop

Now the LEDs are brighter and more colour variations compared to 5yrs ago. Pricing more or less abt the same but quality differs from last time.

(edited)

Buy this one lah. Looks good. Got remote control to change colour somemore. The input voltage is 100V~240V (no problem if used in Singapore), output is 12V 4A.

See bottom for users who posted pictures. Looks like not bad. Only thing is that must change the plug to local 3 pin plug(that is not an issue if I buy). Maybe can email seller and ask for a type C plug (aka 2pin).

http://www.amazon.com/LEDwholesalers-Controller-2034RGB-3315-3215/dp/B0040FJ27S

12V...means can even modify to be installed in the car.

51Ozf4Ae5qL.jpg

61ygBx8iYyL.jpg

Edited by Watwheels

Supersonic

Thread hijack:

Got any recommendations for motion sensor lights? My house has a corridor and always lazy to turn off the lights there.

Best will be like those toilets.

Thread hijack:

Got any recommendations for motion sensor lights? My house has a corridor and always lazy to turn off the lights there.

You might want to check out the LED lights at Philips Carnival starting from tonight till Sun.

http://www.safra.sg/indulge/promotions/shopping/philips-carnival-sale.aspx#.VzV6kCErg0k

• Praise 1

Supersonic

I just bought recently US$7 for 5m at aliexpress or approx $2 per metre.

• Praise 1

(edited)

for your own home cove lighting, i suggest don't get cheap but decent quality. At least don't need to change so often. The LED industry is damn varied, got cheapest got expensive. You will not know what type of quality the local shops brought in

Or go for T5. 

Thread hijack:

want to do it properly ? separate components

post-1137-0-93789100-1463137448.jpg

a branded one like Hager or Schneider will cost about $90

Edited by Othello

Buy this one lah. Looks good. Got remote control to change colour somemore. The input voltage is 100V~240V (no problem if used in Singapore), output is 12V 4A.

See bottom for users who posted pictures. Looks like not bad. Only thing is that must change the plug to local 3 pin plug(that is not an issue if I buy). Maybe can email seller and ask for a type C plug (aka 2pin).

http://www.amazon.com/LEDwholesalers-Controller-2034RGB-3315-3215/dp/B0040FJ27S

12V...means can even modify to be installed in the car.

51Ozf4Ae5qL.jpg

61ygBx8iYyL.jpg

i bought this before but doesn't suite my cove lighting lei.. too colourful like a pub :p

for your own home cove lighting, i suggest don't get cheap but decent quality. At least don't need to change so often. The LED industry is damn varied, got cheapest got expensive. You will not know what type of quality the local shops brought in

Or go for T5. 

attachicon.gifEE804_.jpg

actually the LED seldom burns out, it's the driver that giving the problem most of the time.

(edited)

actually the LED seldom burns out, it's the driver that giving the problem most of the time.

you are right ! The diode can last very long, its the stupid cheapo driver. Cut it open and you will see a very primitive device, macam made at home  [laugh] And the worse thing is, when the driver spoils and you go back to the shop, they no longer carry the driver. For strips still ok, easy to find driver. Some LED light fittings cannot anyhow use other driver have different rating. So poor owner has to hunt high and low and eventually throw the damn light away  :D My friend's taobao dicso strip stopped working after a few months. Too lazy to replace so he heck care. 

So a word of advice, do not jump into LED blindly. Ask how and what needs it can serve you. 

1. Changing 2-4 bulbs to LED will only give you negligible savings on energy cos your house not factory, they have hundreds of lamps that run at least 12hrs per day. 

2. Ease of replacing parts.

3. Go for branded ones. Prices of LED bulbs have went down a lot. Now those zup-piao-china-no-brands no longer has a price advantage. For eg a Philips 4ft T8 used to cost > $30 a few years ago as compared to a china $15. Now it just cost $12. Osram and Philips have simple LED lamp fittings. They are not cheap, but at least have proper QC

Edited by Othello

Hypersonic

Or go for T5.

EE804_.jpg

I bought leGrand at veerasamy road - cost me $140/- with 3 options of sensitivity like distance , daylight and timer but it was was both indoor and outdoor but the box wiring inside is damn crammed - before I bought spot light + sensor (2 in one) but after a few weeks always spoil and I returned it back - there are 2 shops side by side there Kim Siah and another one Alex Hu or something like that on the main road itself
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1