Magnifying glass
  • Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
323 replies to this topic | 828 praises

Posted 13 May 2016 - 12:47 PM

Victor68
  • Victor68
    6th Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

I started the thread on 7-seater MPV. After some due considerations, I may go for a normal 5-seater saloon car since my 'kids' are now all adults and may not need to take my car anymore.

At today's COE, the cheapest of the lots are around the high $80 to $100K. What would you consider as the best value buy and why?

This is to get opinions and there is no right or wrong. At least when COE drops to $20K, those in this segment can 'rush' in and get the ideal car, hopefully.

Angcheek, Tenghock, Tigershark1976 and 1 Anonymous member praised this

Posted 13 May 2016 - 01:07 PM

Beehive3783
  • Premium member
    Beehive3783
    NOS-ed
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Best value? K3 SX gets my vote.

Or else, just go to LTA website, download dealer margin spreadsheet and see what models have the lowest margin.

Blackyv, Angcheek, Pinobii, Jp66, Holdenutessv, GoodCar and 1 Anonymous member praised this
Cheers
Ben

Posted 13 May 2016 - 01:14 PM

Keithchue
  • Premium member
    Keithchue
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Toyota altis, simple reliable

Pinobii and 1 Anonymous member praised this
Everyday is a challenge, what makes it difficult is the people around you have to work with.

Driving a lemonade half broken car. Life is a bitch

Posted 13 May 2016 - 01:14 PM

Silverkris
  • Premium member
    Silverkris
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

I will vote best value as Mazda 3. The materials they used are really comparable to luxury continental standards. BUT Mazda 3 servicing and parts not cheap.

I dun drive a Mazda3 though.

Pinobii and Jamesgetz praised this

Posted 13 May 2016 - 02:07 PM

SGCMmaomao
  • Premium member
    SGCMmaomao
    5th Gear
    Author Image

toyota axio

I Love Cats & Dogs!

Posted 13 May 2016 - 02:25 PM

Lala81
  • Lala81
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

what are the general prices now?

Is altis below 100k?

Posted 13 May 2016 - 02:59 PM

Daryllim69
  • Daryllim69
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

toyota axio

Axio is a good ride with very good Fuel Efficiency. I was driving this for 7.5 years and achieve 16 KM/Litre FE. Only setback was that the pick up is disappointing. Was told that Axio is the 10th Generation Corolla made in Japan before I purchase it. Only to know that this is a car for Senior Citizens in Japan after I bought it. If you like good FE, trouble free and can live it with a car with very slow pick up, strongly recommending this car to you.

1 Anonymous member praised this

Posted 13 May 2016 - 03:23 PM

Bezbee
  • Premium member
    Bezbee
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Toyota altis, simple reliable

I would have agreed with you, I always have the opinion of Toyota as a reliable brand ... but not after 2 of my friends have problem with their brand new Altis less than 3 months of owning the car this year..

First had faulty alternator ... got it replaced at BM within the day after reporting the problem.

Second had gear box problem, BM has not have the spare part and he has to wait 6 weeks for part to arrive .... and BM say need to send car in for 3 days to replace the gearbox.

I am totally shock of the Toyota quality these days. .... both cars are less than 3 months old when detected the above-mentioned problem.

Heman75, Ivan_06, Pinobii, Staff69, Jp66, Holdenutessv, Eyke, 2 other members and 2 Anonymous members praised this

Posted 13 May 2016 - 03:32 PM

Wester86
  • Premium member
    Wester86
    1st Gear
    Author Image

Anyone has any comment on maintenance of korean made car for it to last 10 yrs?

Posted 13 May 2016 - 03:33 PM

Sdf4786k
  • Premium member
    Sdf4786k
    5th Gear
    Author Image

new elantra ? quite good feature. but power not that good

Posted 13 May 2016 - 03:56 PM

Beehive3783
  • Premium member
    Beehive3783
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Nothing wrong with Korean cars.

Only thing is FC may not be as good as Japs as Korea car body is heavier.

There are many Korean car owners here, I am one of them.

Anyone has any comment on maintenance of korean made car for it to last 10 yrs?

KoreanLover and 1 Anonymous member praised this
Cheers
Ben

Posted 13 May 2016 - 03:59 PM

Wester86
  • Premium member
    Wester86
    1st Gear
    Author Image

In terms of durability, how will u rate it compared to japanese car?

Posted 13 May 2016 - 04:07 PM

Beehive3783
  • Premium member
    Beehive3783
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Honestly I can't answer your question as I have not owned a jap car before, nor driven one long enough to rate its durability.

But I would say Korean cars have improved immensely over the past decade, whereas more Jap models sold by AD here are assembled in Thailand,

I have driven a G10 Altis before which I presume is assembled in Thailand, and the driving ergonomics and handling pales in comparison to my previous korean car.

If I really have to answer, I would say, at least on par, if not better.

In terms of durability, how will u rate it compared to japanese car?

Toothiewabbit praised this
Cheers
Ben

Posted 13 May 2016 - 04:35 PM

Passion
  • Premium member
    Passion
    6th Gear
    Author Image

below 100k? better take BMW. now where got car below 100k? After COE went north, even cheaper japanese Mazda 3 went above 100k. Perhaps those that you are looking at are Korean cars. There are still possibility that it is below 100k.

Edited by Passion, 13 May 2016 - 04:36 PM.

Posted 13 May 2016 - 04:35 PM

Nzy
  • Premium member
    Nzy
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

I think the best value would be K3. Kia and Hyundai have been proven to be reliable already. Can be at least on par or even better.

Edited by Nzy, 13 May 2016 - 04:36 PM.

Posted 13 May 2016 - 04:38 PM

Sdf4786k
  • Premium member
    Sdf4786k
    5th Gear
    Author Image

the new elantra is significantly lighter vs the pre FL model 

Posted 13 May 2016 - 05:36 PM

Victor68
  • Victor68
    6th Gear
    Author Image

below 100k? better take BMW. now where got car below 100k? After COE went north, even cheaper japanese Mazda 3 went above 100k. Perhaps those that you are looking at are Korean cars. There are still possibility that it is below 100k.

Well, not true. Even Citroen, Opel and even Renault have models below $100K.

Posted 13 May 2016 - 06:27 PM

r1der
  • Premium member
    r1der
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

Honda City. Less than SGD100K, got traction control, low fuel consumption, spacious and it's a Honda!  [:p]

Posted 13 May 2016 - 06:33 PM

Gal89
  • Premium member
    Gal89
    1st Gear
    Author Image

Nissan sylphy. Spacious and power is adequate. Can give it a thought. 

Posted 13 May 2016 - 06:49 PM

EvidenceProtocol
  • EvidenceProtocol
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

To me K3 n Elantra have good factory fitted accessories n equipment level.... New Axio n Altis v basic n bare....new Lancer not much diff fr previous model, Honda City, Fit n Jazz looks ok w e engine performance n have cruise control if u need......Suzuki have good offers.....Mazda 2 a few complaints...
Conclusion...no right or wrong answer just u n ur pocket n ur needs n wants....
Pinobii, Lala81 and KoreanLover praised this

Back to General Car Discussion  ·  Cars Top Reply to this topic
SgCarMart Quotz

Quick Reply

Tags: best, $100k, value, saloon, 100k

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users