Best value saloon car under $100K

Victor68

To me K3 n Elantra have good factory fitted accessories n equipment level.... New Axio n Altis v basic n bare....new Lancer not much diff fr previous model, Honda City, Fit n Jazz looks ok w e engine performance n have cruise control if u need......Suzuki have good offers.....Mazda 2 a few complaints...

Conclusion...no right or wrong answer just u n ur pocket n ur needs n wants....

• Praise 3

Hi TS, in my opinion, the Hyundai Elantra appears to be good value. However, i havent test driven the car. Just based on my desktop research on specs vs prices. Currently, i have a Hyundai Tucson, 2006. Most likely will renew COE.

Japanese cars tend to have better resale value, simply because more people will buy it in resale, with less worry. Newer Korean cars have improved by leaps and bounds through the years. Used to drive an 2004 Kia Carens, which would rattle a little somewhere all the time. No major faults, just the interior plastics. Almost drove me crazy.. Compared to Japanese cars i had before, the Korean cars tend to have a little more vibration transmitted to cabin after few years. I have to replace the engine and gearbox mounts, when that happens. I believe the newer cars should be much better now. Maintenance for Korean cars are generally similar to Jap. Parts are actually cheaper, if you buy them yourself, vs Jap. Hence, my opinion is Korean cars are having good reliability. YOU need to like the car. Everything else doesnt matter as much! :)

• Praise 5

Talking about value, I would choose attrage.

Then k3.

But k3 is really heavy.

Elantra basic model looks like slum

The worst value to me?

Almera.

Turbocharged

below 100k? better take BMW. now where got car below 100k? After COE went north, even cheaper japanese Mazda 3 went above 100k. Perhaps those that you are looking at are Korean cars. There are still possibility that it is below 100k.

There are 28 cars that cost below $100K.

http://www.sgcarmart.com/new_cars/newcars_listing.php?MOD=&PR1=0&PR2=100&DEP=&VT=Any&DT=Any

• Praise 2

Turbocharged
(edited)

Chery Fulwin 2 Hatchback 1.5 (M) spacer.gif Safety features   Number of airbags 2 Traction control No   Driver's features   Multi-Function steering wheel No Keyless engine start No Auto headlights No Rain sensing wipers No Electrical retractable side mirrors No Paddle shifters No Cruise control No Electric park brake button No Navigation system No Bluetooth Interface No   Security features   Smart key No Remote boot release No Electric tailgate No   Exterior features   Headlights Halogen Daytime running lights No Front fog lamps Yes Rims 15" Reverse sensors Yes Side mirror indicators No Sunroof/Moonroof/Panoramic roof No   Interior features   Auto climate control aircon No Multi-zone aircon No Rear aircon No Reverse camera No Audio Aux/USB Port No Driver's electric seat No Passenger's electric seat No Driver's memory seat No Passenger's memory seat No Knockdown rear seats Yes Leather seats No Leather steering wheel No   Additional features  

-

Price : $72,999 nett on the road

p/s  maybe no power window also.   [laugh]

Edited by Ingenius
  • Praise 1

Talking about value, I would choose attrage.

Then k3.

But k3 is really heavy.

Elantra basic model looks like slum

The worst value to me?

Almera.

Almera, people buy for the space and it's 5 speed Mt.

Nevermind that it doesn't have traction control, all wheels disc brakes and 6 speed Mt which accent has. I dun like the shape of Almera as well.

• Praise 1

I think value is very subjective. Some find some feature useful to him/her. But some don't think so. So I suggest to choose from

Look - Elantra(fresh)

Feature - K3

Brand - Honda Jazz

Cheapest - Chery/Mit Attrage

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

Worst value salon car will be the current Vios. Overpriced, made in Indonesia, old engine. The rest of countries already upgrade the engine to dual vvti plus better specs.

• Praise 1

Worst value salon car will be the current Vios. Overpriced, made in Indonesia, old engine. The rest of countries already upgrade the engine to dual vvti plus better specs.

fully agreed. and no manual transmission anymore. thumbs down

Turbocharged

fully agreed. and no manual transmission anymore. thumbs down

Yup. Used to be the most value buy 2 generation back. Less than 10 sec car. Hot seller. Now rarely see the new Vios. Every time I see one, is a Malaysian plate.

I think value is very subjective. Some find some feature useful to him/her. But some don't think so. So I suggest to choose from

Look - Elantra(fresh)

Feature - K3

Brand - Honda Jazz  City (fixed since we are talking about saloon car)

Cheapest - Chery/Mit Attrage

http://www.sgcarmart.com/news/review.php?AID=701

http://www.sgcarmart.com/news/review.php?AID=701

701_p1_s_1.jpg
The subjects in our previous comparisons came in all shape and sizes, ranging from cutesy little style coupes to spruced-up pocket rockets. Even family SUVs came into play, to see which is more capable of tugging five people in comfort across our urban jungle.

No doubt there are fans of each group test, we cannot forget the stronghold mid-sized sedans have on the market, much less the return of one of motoring's all time greats - the Toyota Corolla Altis

701_p1_s_4.jpg
spacer.gif
The new Altis comes with LED headlamps - a first in its segment

The competition could not have been more intense. Its rivals - theJetta and the Forte K3 - are some of the most common nameplates on our shores, selling like hot cakes at the peak of their time. 

Exterior

It is easy to tell that the latest Corolla Altis has been thoroughly reworked from the sheet metal alone. Now in its 11th incarnation, the Altis has shed its boring, nondescript image for one that is more contemporary and sophisticated.

The Jetta, on the contrary, stays close to its family genes and is instantly recognisable as a Volkswagen. Since its inception as a 'Golf sedan', the Jetta has grown up a fair bit and no longer shares the front fascia with its hatchback stablemate. 
701_p1_s_2.jpg
Having made its debut more than two year ago, it is the most dated in this comparison. While we wouldn't go as far as saying the 'older' looks is gold, it portrays a more mature image - one that hasn't lost its charm, of course. 

Aesthetics have been the Koreans' stronghold, and the K3 does not shy in the beauty contest. There is clever use of lighting technologies, such as projector-style headlamps and daytime running LEDs, to portray an upclass look. 

More notably, the K3's European styling looks established and fresh even in the company of the newer Altis. 

701_p1_s_3.jpg
spacer.gif
K3's 17-inch rims (left) look the best of the lot, while the rest make do with 16-inchers
↡ Advertisement