Best value saloon car under $100K

Victor68

But if you travel a lot on the road, a jap will be a better choice in terms of fc.

↡ Advertisement

Mazda 3 will be my top pick. All the newer technology is in there... new high compression engine, 6 speed transmission and not some CVT (I personally don't like CVT, but that's just my opinion) and fully fitted with features inside. Handles well too.

We spend 90% of the time inside the car (the other 10% is spent outside actually washing it :P) so I think getting a car that you feel good sitting inside is important.

Turbocharged

Mazda 3 looks good. Else, K3 is value for money. 

Toyota Altis is IMO the worst choice right now. The design looks like it's stuck from 5 years ago and it's more expensive than other cars that are better in looks and features. Really puzzled as to why people still buying it... must be very trusting in the Toyota reliability or simple scared to try others

(edited)

Its not whether they are cheaper or not. They have more features and are better than the Japanese. Unless you don't want/need the features. Even if they were the same price, I'll still consider the Koreans. Reliability wise, I feel the Koreans are better already based on my own experience. Or at least on par. Won't be worse than the Japanese.

Features, yeah probably, could it be because dealers like KM and C&C have higher margins selling Korean cars? I mean Koream cars and Jap cars are about the same price now.

I used to drive a Kia Cerato Forte and problems come in at the 4th year. Brake cranking unresolved even when I sold it off at 5.5 yrs, keyless entry to driver door spoilt twice in 4 yrs, the FC is horrible. Yeah maybe newer models like the K3 and Hyundai Elantra have improved but Reliability cannot be achieved/perceived by consumers in just a few years. It takes much more than that. Jap makes like Toyota, Honda cemented their reputation since the 80‘s. Beat that? Well, maybe in 10 yrs time. Ps: I drove a Mazda and Kia but not anymore, switched to conti

Edited by Kazuya

Features, yeah probably, could it be because dealers like KM and C&C have higher margins selling Korean cars? I mean Koream cars and Jap cars are about the same price now.

I used to drive a Kia Cerato Forte and problems come in at the 4th year. Brake cranking unresolved even when I sold it off at 5.5 yrs, keyless entry to driver door spoilt twice in 4 yrs, the FC is horrible. Yeah maybe newer models like the K3 and Hyundai Elantra have improved but Reliability cannot be achieved/perceived by consumers in just a few years. It takes much more than that. Jap makes like Toyota, Honda cemented their reputation since the 80âs. Beat that? Well, maybe in 10 yrs time. Ps: I drove a Mazda and Kia but not anymore, switched to conti

French cars in this weather are not exactly famous for their reliability .

Mazda 3 for the looks but major letdown is the interior space for rear passenger vs other 1.6. Driver enjoy but I doubt the rear 3 passengers will.

Elantra for overall value for money.

Look for the OMV vs selling price of each car for quick feel of value.

Turbocharged
(edited)

Mazda 3 is always appealing with its price and looks, but the interior ergonomics , especially the leg space is poor. This is usually something that people realise after buting it.

Edited by Ingenius
  • Praise 1

(edited)

Mazda 3 is always appealing with its price and looks, but the interior ergonomics , especially the leg space is poor. This is usually something that people realise after buting it.

As someone mentioned, the interior is where one spent most of the time.

So it should be a key consideration for those who has rear passengers most of the time. Some probably compromise practicality for looks.  

Edited by Alfc
  • Praise 1

Where to find ventilated car seats blowing cool air direct to your backsides in this hot weather at this price .. yes K3 does

Am I weird? I don't find Mazda 3 appealing

Dunno what's the hype about. The drive and interior yes! One up the rest.

Looks wise i think the elantra looks so much nicer.

I personally vote for the Honda Jazz pending the arrival of the new Civic. It has almost everything and its darn reliable. The space is incredible and the ULTRA seats at the back is simply the best. In fact, that is the thing that I will miss [bigcry]  when I upgrade my ride soon. 

That being said, the other nippon and kimchi cars in the current market are good value to buy and you can't really go wrong. Each has its own unique advantage and little quirks as well.

Just get one that makes you really happy whenever you set foot in it. 

Supercharged
(edited)

Where to find ventilated car seats blowing cool air direct to your backsides in this hot weather at this price .. yes K3 does

Mazda MX-5 have...but is blowing hot air instead   :dizzy:  [sweatdrop]

Edited by Eyke

I really don't understand why people keep mentioning Honda Jazz/ Fit when the thread title says SALOON car only.

I really don't understand why people keep mentioning Honda Jazz/ Fit when the thread title says SALOON car only.

Coz they read the threadstarter requirements (5 ppl to sit in) and thought Jazz/Fit is ok too?

↡ Advertisement