Magnifying glass
  • Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
77 replies to this topic | 200 praises

Posted 17 May 2016 - 12:07 PM

Nostalgia
  • Nostalgia
    4th Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Worrying signs.  Article first linked from Jalopnik

http://www.driving.c...linkId=24540857

However, in other areas, Alfa Romeo seems like a stuck record, its needle unable to play past a reputation for poor quality.

One Giulia was wheeled off like an A&E casualty after the infotainment system failed. Another I drove had an engine warning light screaming for attention from the instrument binnacle, and the cruise control refused to switch on. A third car tested suffered a frozen infotainment system, which could only be brought back to life by stopping the car and switching the ignition off and back on, and at times some air vents stopped blowing air whilst others continued.

One colleague suffered jammed parking sensors, so they drove around with the car going “beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep”.

Posted 17 May 2016 - 12:35 PM

Watwheels
  • Premium member
    Watwheels
    2Fast2Furious
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Fans will call this small issues. [laugh]

Italian cars are not known for quality or reliabilty. Fans know that [laugh] . And for this brand not coming up with any good models for so long do not expect too much from the Giulia although the maketing campaign makes it look damn good. As long as the car looks stunning and turn heads all else are small issues.

The chosen one will bring balance to the Force...I mean Singapore. Even star wars do not reserve "the chosen one" to a sith lord or a jedi or a wookie.

Posted 17 May 2016 - 12:50 PM

Toeknee_33
  • Premium member
    Toeknee_33
    4th Gear
    Author Image

But apparently, this new babe seemed to have acheived the impossible - sharp, precise RWD handling and quick responsive steering, and good range of rev-happy engines, with Jaguar XE-beating ride comfort!

http://www.autocar.c...multiair-review

http://www.carmagazi...io-2016-review/

Reading these reviews got me all excited about it.

Posted 17 May 2016 - 04:55 PM

Sunburnsam
  • Sunburnsam
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

Yep small issues.....also complain.

Hear the exhaust revving

Feel the rear wheel drive handling

See that amazing sleek design

"soul" is more important than all the tiny ity gritty stuff....lol

Quotes from Clarkson
Driving an Alfa always have something to think about...is not about when you get there BUT will I get there!

You�re not a petrolhead until you�ve owned an Alfa. Now I know what it means.

Posted 17 May 2016 - 05:11 PM

Soya
  • Soya
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Fans will call this small issues. [laugh]

Italian cars are not known for quality or reliabilty. Fans know that [laugh] . And for this brand not coming up with any good models for so long do not expect too much from the Giulia although the maketing campaign makes it look damn good. As long as the car looks stunning and turn heads all else are small issues.

Fans call problems "character".

I call it denial.

Posted 17 May 2016 - 05:15 PM

RadX
  • Premium member
    RadX

Fans call problems "character".

I call it denial.

denial delusion..same lah...haha

RESPECT is only for the DEAD!

Posted 17 May 2016 - 05:33 PM

Soya
  • Soya
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

denial delusion..same lah...haha

When was the last time alfa produced something worthy and not a Fiat in disguise?

Let's face it...the world has moved on.

Posted 17 May 2016 - 06:53 PM

Audi2016
  • Audi2016
    5th Gear
    Author Image

At least these Alfa owners can label themselves a true petrolhead if they can overlook these minor shortcomings.

I don't want to be a petrolhead then. I just want my car to function the way it should. Lol
Fuelsaver and orion2006 praised this

Posted 17 May 2016 - 07:04 PM

Soya
  • Soya
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

At least these Alfa owners can label themselves a true petrolhead if they can overlook these minor shortcomings.

I don't want to be a petrolhead then. I just want my car to function the way it should. Lol

Liddat french car owners can oso label themselves a true petrolhead....LOL

Posted 17 May 2016 - 07:15 PM

Raychay
  • Premium member
    Raychay
    4th Gear
    Author Image

Reminds me of my Alfa.........engine & gearbox no problems but the electrical & electronics cannot make it.

Posted 17 May 2016 - 11:19 PM

Audi2016
  • Audi2016
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Liddat french car owners can oso label themselves a true petrolhead....LOL

Bro you heng here not many french cars owners.. haha

Posted 18 May 2016 - 12:01 AM

LPPL
  • LPPL
    4th Gear
    Author Image

Alfa car specs always look good on paper, but as for reliability, it is an issue. My relative drove a Alfa156 years ago, told me always have to send the car back to agent and the servicing and repair was very expensive. 156 was a problem car and I was told 159 has improved a lot, not sure how true. 

Posted 18 May 2016 - 01:20 AM

vquah888
  • Premium member
    vquah888
    1st Gear
    Author Image

Don't talk.
Don't hear.
Don't say.

Just drive.
And be amazed.

Everything else is secondary.
Kangadrool praised this

Posted 18 May 2016 - 06:44 AM

Fuelsaver
  • Premium member
    Fuelsaver
    Supercharged
    Author Image

Maybe will b amazed if drivin on racetrack or touge, but nothin ordinary cars can't handle on spore roads. Unless i really like the car so much to ignore such issues n has lotsa money n time to keep going back to agent or ws, ill b sure to give them a miss. twas fortunate id delisted citroen cactus last year.
FS

Posted 18 May 2016 - 07:46 AM

Enye
  • Enye
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Oh cmon.....

There's nothing worse than VW

😂

Posted 18 May 2016 - 08:13 AM

Etnt
  • Premium member
    Etnt
    5th Gear
    Author Image

When is that true alfa era?

"I ask Harald Wester about these Gremlins, and he puts it down to modern cars’ computers having around 100 million lines of code — “twice as much as a new airliner.”

From the article, this is the most telling of their mindset IMO and consequently the quality of cars they are putting on the road.

Even more worrying is when modern cars heavily depend on the electronics.

Been there, done that and with this kind of mindset, I would not consider owning an alfa again.

Eclipse1 praised this

Posted 18 May 2016 - 10:31 AM

Keithchue
  • Premium member
    Keithchue
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Oh cmon.....

There's nothing worse than VW

😂

what!!!!!?????

VW? they are good

when they work

Everyday is a challenge, what makes it difficult is the people around you have to work with.

Driving a lemonade half broken car. Life is a bitch

Posted 18 May 2016 - 10:34 AM

Lala81
  • Lala81
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

to me the giula doesn't look nice compared to the 156 or 159.

I don't see the reason to own one. 

Posted 18 May 2016 - 12:12 PM

Ngseeming
  • Premium member
    Ngseeming
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Tis is truly amazing how desktop warriors, who never drove, much less own an Alfa, can freely give their expertised opinions (largely negative) on Alfa cars. My relative's, my firend's, my friend's  friend's Alfa got this and that

Just wanna chalk up points?   Oh ic

Jellandross praised this

Posted 18 May 2016 - 12:30 PM

Jellandross
  • Premium member
    Jellandross
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Tis is truly amazing how desktop warriors, who never drove, much less own an Alfa VW, can freely give their expertised opinions (largely negative) on Alfa VW cars. My relative's, my firend's, my friend's  friend's Alfa VW got this and that

Just wanna chalk up points?   Oh ic

Bro.. I help you do correction liao. No need to thank me.

Yours sincerely,

A VW owner petrolhead.

Edited by Jellandross, 18 May 2016 - 12:35 PM.

Back to Conti Talk  ·  Car Brands Top Reply to this topic

Quick Reply

Tags: alfa romeo, #alfaromeo, #giulia and 6 more...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users