A Liter too Little?

Carbon82

This does not look like Applause leh!

Yes, I mixed up the name. paisei paisei [:p] 

This is the first generation Charade Sedan, while Applause is the name for the second generation Charade Sedan sold in some part part of the world.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 5

This one look interesting, wondering if Vertex Euro will be introducing it here.

seat-ateca-first-edition-uk-1.jpg

The SEAT Ateca's dynamic drive comes courtesy of a palette of state-of-the-art power units - all of them turbocharged. Ranging from 85 kW / 115 PS to 140 kW / 190 PS with outstanding torque figures across the board, they meet every possible performance desire. The array of diesel engines starts with the 1.6 TDI and 115 PS. The 2.0 TDI is available with 150 and 190 PS. Consumption figures range from 4.3 to 5.0 litres / 100 km, the CO2 figures from 112 to 131 grams / km. The entry level petrol engine is the 1.0 TSI with 115 PS. The 1.4 TSI comes with cylinder deactivation under partial load and produces 150 PS. The consumption and emissions figures for these engines are between 5.3 and 6.2 litres and between 123 to 141 grams. The TDI and TSI engines with 150 PS are available with DSG or with all-wheel drive, while the TDI with 190 PS comes as standard with DSG and 4WD.

• Praise 6

I like this best. Would be a good second car for the weekend (provided I strike Toto, else would be in my dream only)...

Mugen Honda S660 RA

01.jpg02.jpg03.jpg05.jpg11.jpg12.jpg

Mugen, Japanese tuner of all things Honda, has crafted a special edition version of Honda’s fun-to-drive S660 roadster with mild cosmetic and chassis revisions.

Aesthetically, the Mugen S660 RA is less aggressive than a standard model fitted with the firm’s standalone parts, as the tuner limited exterior upgrades to a carbon-fiber grille, brand badges, a twin-pipe sports exhaust and new BBS alloy wheels measuring 15-inches with 165/55R15 tires at the front and 16-inches with 195/45R16 at the back. 

Inside, the roadster gets new leather steering and gear lever wraps with contrast stitching, carbon fiber trimmings, different Start button and digital display on the instrument panel, plus a serial number plate. 

A re-tuned suspension with Bilstein shocks is also part of the package to improve handling. 

While Mugen is known for its power upgrades too, the Honda tuner’s hands were tied with the S660 since it belongs to Japan’s special Kei Car class that limits engine displacement to 660cc (0.66 liters) with an output of no more than 64PS (63hp). With its factory turbocharged 0.66 liter three-cylinder lump producing 64PS (63hp) at 6,000rpm and 104Nm (76.7 lb-ft) of peak torque at 2,600, the S660 was already maxed out. 

Some call Honda’s diminutive S660 the retired S2000’s modern-day little brother, but we’ll never have the chance to find that out for ourselves, since the Mugen S660 RA’s production will fittingly be limited to 660 units exclusively for Japan where it will go on sale on October 3 priced at 2,890,000 yen (equal to S$36,200).
  • Praise 5

Supersonic

Malaysia launching this 1.0L sedan this week.

I find perodua cars not bad to drive. I drove their myvi and viva before, handling quite ok.

Kei cars are way lesser than 1000cc. If im not wrong, limit is 660cc. I was in japan and can easily tell that kei cars are very popular there probably due to the tax rebate and ease of parking. Looking at the numbers and varieties of Kei cars there, I'm wondering if the Jap car makers are too focus on Kei and forgot about the export market.

I think Kei only works in Japan due to their culture and tax system. So many commercial kei vehicles (vans and lorries) and they look cute roaming in the cities. I will not say power is little but expectation have to be managed. Rented 1 kei in japan and really need to floor the pedal to move from stop.

Btw, saw a Subaru 360 and S660. Love those cars.

Kei cars are way lesser than 1000cc. If im not wrong, limit is 660cc. I was in japan and can easily tell that kei cars are very popular there probably due to the tax rebate and ease of parking. Looking at the numbers and varieties of Kei cars there, I'm wondering if the Jap car makers are too focus on Kei and forgot about the export market.

I think Kei only works in Japan due to their culture and tax system. So many commercial kei vehicles (vans and lorries) and they look cute roaming in the cities. I will not say power is little but expectation have to be managed. Rented 1 kei in japan and really need to floor the pedal to move from stop.

Btw, saw a Subaru 360 and S660. Love those cars.

Not forgetting Smart car le.

About compact car, I used to have special preference for Kei car, and almost got a Mitsubishi i when it was first launched in Singapore. But after seeing these accidents, I am more concerns about safety of such "milo tin" car...

pic11.jpg20130708_RideVFourVehiclePileUp.jpg

Wah! Toyota just as badly compacted as the Perodua? :D

Sibei soft metal leh!

Honda also not much different lah - maybe even softer!

Crumple zone BS - crumple until humans inside also pancake !! :D

Wah! Toyota just as badly compacted as the Perodua? :D

Sibei soft metal leh!

Honda also not much different lah - maybe even softer!

Crumple zone BS - crumple until humans inside also pancake !! :D

That's why I dun get a hatchback... Even worse sia. No crumble zone.

That's why I dun get a hatchback... Even worse sia. No crumble zone.

7-8 seater MPV also sama sama hor :D

Go to any show room and measure the instance between the rear (3rd row) seats from the rear hatch door.

Merely inches ! Not more than even a foot (30 cm) !!

Get banged from behind by a bus or lorry, the 3rd row seat passengers sure gone case!! RIP

In Malaysia, why would anyone bother with a one liter car?

The pickup/truck is way better running between towns, especially during inclement weather.

And what is the maximum driver height that the car designers factored into these tiny cars?

I like the turbo starlet/ s660/ Honda city/ lotus Elise, unfortunately I cannot drive them at all. Completely impossible at even in automatic transmission.

Yet the 86/VW mini is drive able. Why?

post-132626-0-05185400-1469624144_thumb.jpeg

• Praise 2

The pickup/truck is way better running between towns, especially during inclement weather.

And what is the maximum driver height that the car designers factored into these tiny cars?

I like the turbo starlet/ s660/ Honda city/ lotus Elise, unfortunately I cannot drive them at all. Completely impossible at even in automatic transmission.

Yes! Trucks! Yes! Yes! Yes!!!!!!!

163-0708-06z%2B2007-gmc-c4500-4x4-crew-c

• Praise 1

Not forgetting Smart car le.

No offense but I don't like smart. Toyota iq looks better. Haha

Yes! Trucks! Yes! Yes! Yes!!!!!!!

163-0708-06z%2B2007-gmc-c4500-4x4-crew-c

Iron hide?

Saw this in actual before and it's Super massive. Machiam tank on the road.

• Praise 1

No offense but I don't like smart. Toyota iq looks better. Haha

Iron hide?

Saw this in actual before and it's Super massive. Machiam tank on the road.

Wish i got money buy :(

Oh well, my Coe Lao pickup fits me just fine :grin:

ah_q_film.jpg

• Praise 2

In Malaysia, ppl use smart to run errants in the city.  Can anyhow park.

Mind you, Hilux is top 10 list of stolen car hor.

This should break the record for 7 seater MPV with the smallest engine in modern automotive history. :huh:

Daihatsu Sigra

01.jpg02.jpg04.jpg05.jpg03.jpg

Though smaller than most minivans, the Sigra still packs room for seven into its compact frame. Power comes from 1.0- and 1.2-liter versions of Toyota's NR-series four-cylinder that also powers models like the Yaris and iQ.

Taking its name from the Sanskrit for "quick reaction," the Sigra will be built in Indonesia through a joint venture between Daihatsu and Astra International.

The small minivan is built to comply with the country's Low Cost Green Car regulations, which means it has to be priced below 85,000,000 Indonesian Rupiah – or about S$8,600. It also has to get around 50 miles to the gallon, and be made of at least 60 percent domestic parts.

• Praise 6