New Honda Accord?

Nostalgia

Just went to Kah motors yesterday. The new Accord will be make available in August. Features wise it's quite luxury in my opinion. It's spacious and comfortable inside, however the price is about S$1k higher than the 2.5 Camry. However leather seat selection only comes in black or beige. Still monitoring the COE before deciding either Camry or Accord

What features are great/useless really depends on your needs, and it sounds like you value space and comfort, just like me. But road tax aside, why would you pay more to get a 2.0NA engine instead of a 2.5NA one? Also, I'm curious if you considered other competitors, or if you quickly narrowed down to Accord and Camry.
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

What features are great/useless really depends on your needs, and it sounds like you value space and comfort, just like me. But road tax aside, why would you pay more to get a 2.0NA engine instead of a 2.5NA one? Also, I'm curious if you considered other competitors, or if you quickly narrowed down to Accord and Camry.

I would say that I am always a fan of Toyota and Honda. Simply because of the fact that spare parts are readily available, even though Honda parts are more expensive. Yes their design maybe slightly dated compare to the rest but it gives me a peace of mind especially in Singapore. I would love to own a Merc or BM, however, affordability is always in my mind. Those are above my budget and I would not want to over stretch myself just so that I can drive the brand.

New CVT gearbox or still the old 5 speeder Auto.?

The catalogue stated 5 AT, but I remember the SE mention it's cvt. Maybe I remember wrongly. It could be on the civic that is cvt.

• Praise 1

Twincharged

Oh,CVT make sure it come with paddle shift or +/- shift gate....or else very Soulless to drive like the Teana.

• Praise 1

I would say that I am always a fan of Toyota and Honda. Simply because of the fact that spare parts are readily available, even though Honda parts are more expensive. Yes their design maybe slightly dated compare to the rest but it gives me a peace of mind especially in Singapore. I would love to own a Merc or BM, however, affordability is always in my mind. Those are above my budget and I would not want to over stretch myself just so that I can drive the brand.

The catalogue stated 5 AT, but I remember the SE mention it's cvt. Maybe I remember wrongly. It could be on the civic that is cvt.

Speaking as a former Accord owner, I know what you mean about peace of mind. Affordability is always a key consideration for me too. I wanted the space and comfort, but didn't want to pay a premium to get that in a conti (A6, 5-series, E Class, etc), and also didn't want to settle for a smaller conti. Did you test drive the face-lifted Accord? Or only look see?

Oh,CVT make sure it come with paddle shift or +/- shift gate....or else very Soulless to drive like the Teana.

Manual shift options make a huge difference when it comes to enjoying a CVT.
  • Praise 1

Speaking as a former Accord owner, I know what you mean about peace of mind. Affordability is always a key consideration for me too. I wanted the space and comfort, but didn't want to pay a premium to get that in a conti (A6, 5-series, E Class, etc), and also didn't want to settle for a smaller conti. Did you test drive the face-lifted Accord? Or only look see?

Manual shift options make a huge difference when it comes to enjoying a CVT.

Unfortunately I didn't test drove it as there was a long queue to test drive the Accord as currently KH only has 1 Accord in the show room and its rotating between Leng Kee and Ubi. [smallcry]  so I didn't want to wait.

Not sure if anyone has seen the consumer reviews for the Honda Accord on sgcarmart recently. 

- 13 new reviews since mid October this year (starting from Vincent Kwok, who sounds like a Kah Motors sales person (!))

- 12 of 13 new reviews with predominantly 5 star ratings

- 8 out of last 9 are new accounts with 1 review 

- One AppleTay who generously bought her father an Accord, but has not driven it but gave it an all 5-star rating

Haha, have to give it to these enthusiastic Accord fans. They go the extra mile indeed...  [thumbsup]

If its a KM initiative, I must say its a bit too transparent  [smash]

• Praise 4

Not sure if anyone has seen the consumer reviews for the Honda Accord on sgcarmart recently.

- 13 new reviews since mid October this year (starting from Vincent Kwok, who sounds like a Kah Motors sales person (!))

- One AppleTay who generously bought her father an Accord, but has not driven it but gave it an all 5-star rating

Haha, have to give it to these enthusiastic Accord fans. They go the extra mile indeed... [thumbsup]

If its a KM initiative, I must say its a bit too transparent [smash]

Lol. I've seen the new face lifted version on Saturday. The rear design looks nicer. For a moment I thought it was a legend.
  • Praise 1

Yes.... Everywhere led hahahaha, cool accord. But outdated engine

I am totally agree, still with the old I vtec Techno stuff... very sian..

• Praise 1

You also have those who chinchai write, because of "write a review, win a prize."

Indeed.

Then there are those like Ma-rilyn, who writes an all 5-star review on Accord, then writes 2 1-star reviews on Nissan Teana, and 1 1-star review on Toyota Camry.  [smash]

You're proud of your car - I get it - but this is not helpful to the community at all. 

Haha, Ma-rilyn is probably sitting there thinking "Crap, knew I should have started a new account before posting the other reviews!"   :a-bang:

UPDATE: Actually, I just saw that kelvinguru and Albertcarreview has also done the same - ie left a 1-star review on Teana together with a 5-star car review on Accord. Looks like a very coordinated exercise. 

Lol. I've seen the new face lifted version on Saturday. The rear design looks nicer. For a moment I thought it was a legend.

Agree - Accord is a good car. Solidly build, good drive, very spacious inside, and the FL version looks pretty sleek. 

Only thing is that KM seems to have set the pricing a bit high vs the Accord's primary competitors. 

Edited by Fungyee77

I drive one. Don't disagree compared to the current Turbo engines.

Indeed.

Then there are those like Ma-rilyn, who writes an all 5-star review on Accord, then writes 2 1-star reviews on Nissan Teana, and 1 1-star review on Toyota Camry. [smash]

You're proud of your car - I get it - but this is not helpful to the community at all.

Haha, Ma-rilyn is probably sitting there thinking "Crap, knew I should have started a new account before posting the other reviews!" :a-bang:

Agree - Accord is a good car. Solidly build, good drive, very spacious inside, and the FL version looks pretty sleek.

Only thing is that KM seems to have set the pricing a bit high vs the Accord's primary competitors.

Haha it's ok as long as I still enjoy driving mine.

Just less torque compared to a Turbo. But definitely a gb and engine u can still like to rev.

Edited by Lala81

Old and reliable is better than coming up with new technology whilst compromising on reliability.

Its an excellent choice - definitely one of the best options in its class  [thumbsup]

Its one of the best, agree, but KM should improve on the specs.

Still recall fondly many yrs ago, own second generation accord, 1982 i think, bought it as used car, we drive it up all the way to PCB (Pantai cahaya bulan - pantain cinta berahi) in Kelantan without any issues.

Ii really like the front LED lights.

seen more accords at Malaysian highway compared to in SG.

Not sure why the civic turbo can have sunroof, autodimming mirror etc but their bigger brother not available.

vanity mirror without lights - surprise!

also good to have electric/power rear shunshade, and/or manual rear window sunshade or  perhaps auto tailgate.

These options (sunshade/autotailgate) from my understanding are relatively not so expensive, perhaps 1-2K more only and another 3k for sunroof, so may perhaps get more accord buyers if these are available.

or perhaps give customer a choice of more variants with better specs, instead on only one 2L version.

my wish lists for accord

- power rear sunshade

- rear windows side shade

- sunroof (or panaromic roof better)

- lighted vanity mirrors

- auto tailgate/power boot

- honda sensing (radar cruise control etc)

- 360 top down camera

Otherwise overall, new facelift accord is generally a refine mid size saloon car, can compete well with camry or teana. A better specs may get more potential owners! Congrats to current accord owners.

some reviews..

http://paultan.org/2016/09/07/2016-honda-accord-ninth-gen-facelift-debuts-in-malaysia/

http://vernonchan.com/2016/09/2016-honda-accord-facelift-malaysia-top-spec-2-4vti-l-now-myr5k-cheaper/

Edited by alphard96
  • Praise 2

Haha, have to give it to these enthusiastic Accord fans. They go the extra mile indeed... [thumbsup]

If its a KM initiative, I must say its a bit too transparent [smash]

The 5-star reviews are coming in fast and furious, getting more and more (all from accounts with just 1 review as well). Well, Honda Singapore has the tendacy to quote Sgcarmart consumer reviews on their Facebook page and not surprised if indeed it is a KM initiative. Don't get me wrong though, I personally think Accord is a good car just that engine and transmission tech getting a little dated at this point imo.

• Praise 1

Its one of the best, agree, but KM should improve on the specs.

Still recall fondly many yrs ago, own second generation accord, 1982 i think, bought it as used car, we drive it up all the way to PCB (Pantai cahaya bulan - pantain cinta berahi) in Kelantan without any issues.

Ii really like the front LED lights.

seen more accords at Malaysian highway compared to in SG.

Not sure why the civic turbo can have sunroof, autodimming mirror etc but their bigger brother not available.

vanity mirror without lights - surprise!

also good to have electric/power rear shunshade, and/or manual rear window sunshade or perhaps auto tailgate.

These options (sunshade/autotailgate) from my understanding are relatively not so expensive, perhaps 1-2K more only and another 3k for sunroof, so may perhaps get more accord buyers if these are available.

or perhaps give customer a choice of more variants with better specs, instead on only one 2L version.

my wish lists for accord

- power rear sunshade

- rear windows side shade

- sunroof (or panaromic roof better)

- lighted vanity mirrors

- auto tailgate/power boot

- honda sensing (radar cruise control etc)

- 360 top down camera

Otherwise overall, new facelift accord is generally a refine mid size saloon car, can compete well with camry or teana. A better specs may get more potential owners! Congrats to current accord owners.

some reviews..

http://paultan.org/2016/09/07/2016-honda-accord-ninth-gen-facelift-debuts-in-malaysia/

http://vernonchan.com/2016/09/2016-honda-accord-facelift-malaysia-top-spec-2-4vti-l-now-myr5k-cheaper/

The accord is the 2nd best selling mid size sedan in the states. Actually it's the no. 1 among real owners (camry takes the no. 1 spot because it's used for rental or fleet cars).

The current gen is here since 2013. Maybe late 2018 or early 2019 should be the next generation.

Edited by Lala81

What I would want is

A. One touch up down power windows.

B. The turbo engines but I don't really want cvt lol

C. A combination of blind spot monitoring with lane watch. Lane watch is good on rainy weather or dark night but sometimes just a simple red indicator is helpful for driver side as well.

Not real complaints otherwise.

Manual shades are in the 2.4.

Edited by Lala81
↡ Advertisement