Green fingers anyone?

Piyopico

Must wait until it flower than can buy toto.

Not every plant that flowers will bring good luck!

I was brought up to believe that when tieshu flowers, disaster or tragic events will happen.

During my grandparents' kampong days, tieshu were commonly planted & grew to >4m tall.

It seemed that whenever this plant flowered, bad things happened, eg. Sudden illnesses, deaths....

Hence, my grandparents never plant this on their land.

I only know this plant is call tieshu.

Very difficult to flower.

Plant for at least 6-7 yrs already. Never flower before.

Maybe no direct sunlight.

If flower, toto must buy big big already.

Please don't wish for it to flower!

• Praise 1

there is a malay saying about banana.....pisamg takkan berbuah dua kali.....meaning a banana wont bear fruit twice......sort of once bitten twice shy.....

same same one harvest only. Banana i think has no chinese or malay one.  [:p]  [laugh]  [laugh]

I only know this plant is call tieshu.

Very difficult to flower.

Plant for at least 6-7 yrs already. Never flower before.

Maybe no direct sunlight.

If flower, toto must buy big big already.

Tiagong , 60 years flower once, and I was told is not a good thing.  [:/]

LAst time heard this phrase 铁树开花 often.. Guess it meant good luck comes to you..

My grandfather was a pig farmer, there was once the 铁树 garden behind the farm blossom with flowers, and the smell was very nice. An old man told him to be careful, and when the flowers drop, his farm was strike with pig diseases, all gone. 全军覆没!!!   [:(]

I was brought up to believe that when tieshu flowers, disaster or tragic events will happen.

During my grandparents' kampong days, tieshu were commonly planted & grew to >4m tall.

It seemed that whenever this plant flowered, bad things happened, eg. Sudden illnesses, deaths....

ah nia, seem like we are brought up with the same believe, a teochew believe? Hahahaha [laugh]  [laugh]  [laugh]

My grandfather was a pig farmer, there was once the 铁树 garden behind the farm blossom with flowers, and the smell was very nice. An old man told him to be careful, and when the flowers drop, his farm was strike with pig diseases, all gone. 全军覆没!!!   [:(]

Wah.. so disastrous...  Guess it really meant bad luck ... Think best is don't even have the tree in the house.

• Praise 1

Didn't know about this. Going by @tianmo account of the farmer. Seems like not a good tree to have around.

• Praise 2

i just google ghost banana tree [bigcry][bigcry]

south east asia folklore wan is pontianak.......if got guts can go capture the ponti and make it your slave and bodyguard.....good when one is young but as you ages and starts to lose your strength it will turn against the owner and chasing it away will be very difficult as 'she' wants what is owed.
  • Praise 1

2morrow we all go tamedriver banana tree to ask for 4d  :grin:

very chek ark one hor, if you tio liao forget to untie, "she" will come after your life one.  :a-noway:

1GB43vK.jpg

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1