How to search for landed property to buy

bellboy

IMHO, exclusivity is more important than proximity to MRT for landed.

Not really desirable for families with teenagers or school kids in general. Unless the kids are old enough to drive and parents can/willing to buy a ride for every kids, else the poor kids have to walk home from nearest bus stop every day under hot sun like now.

There are always pros and cons. Decide base on your needs better.

↡ Advertisement

See! stay in CCK but got two pte property to lease out. That's a richman. hahaha

Huh?

Talk cock...where got private properties to rent?

Huh?

Talk cock...where got private properties to rent?

he referring to verde villa lah.....

Sorry bro, I'm sure u can appreciate why I don't want to split comm. every man for himself

Anyway now I won't dare to pull such stunt

Can complain to CEA and I will be fined and licence suspended

I can understand that nobody wants to split comms

But to screw the buyer and seller due to low integrity and poor ethics then blame it on "every man for himself" is pretty low.

I hope that you are not like that.

he referring to verde villa lah.....

I must hve missed something.

Simi verde villa?

Now even more confused

• Praise 1

But to screw the buyer and seller due to low integrity and poor ethics then blame it on "every man for himself" is pretty low.

Simi verde villa?

Now even more confused

totally agree and now it is biting these clowns back....'ethics' aside, now they dare not do such things cos it's abt survival now

Simi verde villa?

Now even more confused

hahaha..that not really landed lah, but kinda like terrace I think...off CCK...i stay cemetery side so i know the area...kekeke

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listing/17724679/for-sale-villa-verde

did have a look but the roads damn cramp.

Think 1.4mil can seal now

Twincharged

no lah i am not like that, i very steady one

not only do i not screw my buyer/ seller, i even tend to share my comms with them. Sometimes i can't live with myself for making so much just for doing paper work 10mins

My family is looking to purchase a 2nd-hand landed property for investment purpose and I'm the guy appointed to do all the grunt work...  :TT_TT: 

ie, I need to do the search and shortlisting. 

Criteria is this : 

- Within 400m of MRT station (existing or constructing)

- Freehold or 999 years

- If 3-storey, below $1,100 psf (land)

- If 2-storey, below $900 psf (land)

- Budget of $X million. (enough for terrace or small Semi-D. Don't wanna state the value here cos scared get sarcastic remarks)

I been looking at propertyguru and its been tough as most listings don't state their exact location.

How should I go about my search? I was thinking to just send out my above criteria to 20 agents who do landed property sales and get them to search for me. 

Any important pre-viewing criteria I missed out? I have another long set of checkboxes for viewing.

Seeking opinions from gurus please.  :mellow:

i think the first thing you need to do is at least determine the area you are looking for... though you are looking to rent out but i am sure the investment is more for the land rather than renting out.... renting is just a subset of your investment.....

not sure why you are willing to pay more for land for a 3 story house than a 2 story house if the land is same size...

also you must consider renovated or original.... who do you intend to rent out to? Corporates, FTs or FWs or even locals?

beside MRT, you must also consider what is available in the surrounding area... HDBs, coffeeshops, shopping malls, etc.........

Turbocharged

When it comes to landed can't really just asses overall price on land size, if one is really buying for the land the house has to be so old or badly maintained that even tenants will reconsider (i,e total tear down). 

Rebuilding a house would be anywhere from 850k - 2m (varies alot pending on built in area, no of stories, materials used etc), if you had two houses on the same size land side by side and one had a built up of 2.5k and another one had 5k no way would the larger house sell for the same price as the former. I doubt TS is looking too rebuild the house hence the willingness to pay more for a 3 story

I'm seen a house which is a total rebuild, they were still using those bakelite switches, alternative buyers/tenants would be anyone into the retro look and prefer natural cooling > Air con  :D

7283016-old-vintage-bakelite-light-switc

i think the first thing you need to do is at least determine the area you are looking for... though you are looking to rent out but i am sure the investment is more for the land rather than renting out.... renting is just a subset of your investment.....

not sure why you are willing to pay more for land for a 3 story house than a 2 story house if the land is same size...

also you must consider renovated or original.... who do you intend to rent out to? Corporates, FTs or FWs or even locals?

beside MRT, you must also consider what is available in the surrounding area... HDBs, coffeeshops, shopping malls, etc.........