Don't everything also complain lah

They are simply sending 1500 back home

Isn't that good news?

• Praise 2

Supersonic

How to have Swiss standard of living?

The moment pay goes up, jobs goes away.

• Praise 3

Quality unfortunately not worse off than SG. really not sure whether it's the quality or relevance of our education institution or our local grads..

Anyway as a business owner, bottom line can only be supported by talent,quality and costs..

SG costs structure is worrying.

Uncle also started Cafe business in Tokyo.. surprisingly costs in Tokyo is 10% cheaper than SG. Now that worries me for SG workforce..

Yup the costs structures are worrying,  your Tokyo experience should set alarm bells ringing, I'm not uncle level so won't get into the whole costs of running business thing, just a salaried employee  [laugh] Ultimately as a business owner, your have all the right to decide how you want to stretch or spend your dollar. If you are able to find talent and quality at a low cost, go for it.

If I were to comment on IT sector as a whole, with a relatively high cost of living you can't really expect people to get by with the same wages elsewhere in developing countries.

Based on personal experience, outsourcing IT jobs to a certain country at such large number usually means you get a larger percentage of poor quality work as the outcome. And the business will still convince themselves that it's a solid decision because there are able to present a lower opex, savings in wages etc, but under the scene everyone is just cussing lol. Cheap no good good no cheap is definitely true sometimes.

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

Bro.. Have to disagree.. Annual Wages just 30% of SPoreans here. N less benefits.

Uncle also moved 70% of biz out. Bo pein wages to exp... N gov initiative to train local.. Not working.. Local only know how to manage n do admin work..all in opex 50% of SG.. N that is good enough...

SG workers lack Skills n competencies like:

(1) coding

(2) basic & translational engineering

(3) broadmindness

(4) adaptability

(5) cultural emphaty

Bro who dislike.... Can understand your comment. that unfortunately does not change or will change the fact that 1,500 jobs are out of the border. More such news will be coming out in the next 12 mths or so.. Hopefully after the storm we can still chase the rainbow..

Bro.. Have to disagree.. Annual Wages just 30% of SPoreans here. N less benefits.

Uncle also moved 70% of biz out. Bo pein wages to exp... N gov initiative to train local.. Not working.. Local only know how to manage n do admin work..all in opex 50% of SG.. N that is good enough...

SG workers lack Skills n competencies like:

(1) coding

(2) basic & translational engineering

(3) broadmindness

(4) adaptability

(5) cultural emphaty

Bro who dislike.... Can understand your comment. unfortunately that does not change or will change the fact that 1,500 jobs are out of the border. More such news will be coming out in the next 12 mths or so.. Hopefully after the storm we can still chase the rainbow..

Me a hokkien speaking laymen not like many here. Highly educated. Only one question.

Is it safe to put money with POSB/DBI now.

Jin safe, up to 20000  [:p]  as guranteed by ABS. If you elite level (not me) then cannot (cos elite have > 20000 in bank  :a-fun: )

This is not sending 1,500 homw but giving new 1,500 jobs to gitling kia after a few years of low profile. What happens to our local

jobs......all gone.

who says the 1500 jobs they are moving away are mostly filled by locals :a-fun:   [:p]  [:p]  [:p]

Turbocharged

Yup the costs structures are worrying, your Tokyo experience should set alarm bells ringing, I'm not uncle level so won't get into the whole costs of running business thing, just a salaried employee [laugh] Ultimately as a business owner, your have all the right to decide how you want to stretch or spend your dollar. If you are able to find talent and quality at a low cost, go for it.

If I were to comment on IT sector as a whole, with a relatively high cost of living you can't really expect people to get by with the same wages elsewhere in developing countries.

Based on personal experience, outsourcing IT jobs to a certain country at such large number usually means you get a larger percentage of poor quality work as the outcome. And the business will still convince themselves that it's a solid decision because there are able to present a lower opex, savings in wages etc, but under the scene everyone is just cussing lol. Cheap no good good no cheap is definitely true sometimes.

bro.. You are pragmatic and realistic. Hope more like you.. SG workforce is facing quite a severe test. Demand is down and even when it recovers.. Jobs likely not there coz taken over by automation and robots.

An example.. Loan portfolio managers.. Now system can do it. Replacing the need for portfolio management and monitoring. Many high paying jobs are lost and going to be lost this cycle..

Another example, the COE system.. No need manpower to take in bids and issue successful coe. All computerised..

Uncle see ministers going all over the world like in the 70s now. Like salesmen... No choice.. Even PM has to do it..

• Praise 2

Supersonic

Jin safe, up to 20000  [:p]  as guranteed by ABS. If you elite level (not me) then cannot (cos elite have > 20000 in bank  :a-fun: )

who says the 1500 jobs they are moving away are mostly filled by locals :a-fun:   [:p]  [:p]  [:p]

50k la.

Turbocharged

Don't everything also complain lah

They are simply sending 1500 back home

Isn't that good news?

• Praise 1

50k la.

[laugh]  [laugh]  jialat, eye getting flowery, I thought I saw 20k but you are right its 50  [:p]

Turbocharged

Yup the costs structures are worrying,  your Tokyo experience should set alarm bells ringing, I'm not uncle level so won't get into the whole costs of running business thing, just a salaried employee  [laugh] Ultimately as a business owner, your have all the right to decide how you want to stretch or spend your dollar. If you are able to find talent and quality at a low cost, go for it.

Bec the mofo who made that decision isn't the one who will have to deal with it on a daily basis.

Think most of you have forgotten that DBS at one time outsourced ( downsize ) their IT personnel to IBM total more than 600 + staff ( maybe wrong ). Now what happen ???????

• Praise 1

Turbocharged
(edited)

This is not sending 1,500 homw but giving new 1,500 jobs to gitling kia after a few years of low profile. What happens to our local

jobs......all gone.

You can take the Singaporean out of Singapore but you can't...

Similarly, you can take the ah neh out of India, you can't take the Indian out of the ah neh.

When one slips into the company, by hook or by crook, he will get a boatload into the company.

Question is, do Singaporeans have that bond? I know the Japanese/ Koreans/ Aussies etc operating in VN have that unspoken nationalistic bond.

You can also see that demonstrated with whom they choose to bank with. I hear the folks at our local banks' branches (fyi: all 3 have offices there) in Ho Chi Minh kpkb that cash rich Japanese firms won't even budge from BTMU even when they are offered double the interest rate for their cash deposits.

Sinkie (sorry these are not Singapore in my book) companies on the other hand will drop their panties transfer everything for 0.75% more to the local unrated VN bank. While there are some that will support local but more often than not, behave like whores for the best bidder.

Maybe the day you hear Singaporeans having this trait helping their own countrymen get into a company once they join then I think we are somewhere on the path to nationhood.

Edited by Sabian
  • Praise 2

How to have Swiss standard of living?

The moment pay goes up, jobs goes away.

sg have to start having a "sg first" mentality.

Choose local brands, support local foods, choose petrol brand that contributes most to sg economy.

And realistically, sg cant be limited to singapore only but hv to include "sg + johor" to get the critical mass. If johor prospers.. Will make this region much more relaxing

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

You can take the Singaporean out of Singapore but you can't...

Similarly, you can take the ah neh out of India, you can't take the Indian out of the ah neh.

When one slips into the company, by hook or by crook, he will get a boatload into the company.

Question is, do Singaporeans have that bond? I know the Japanese/ Koreans/ Aussies etc operating in VN have that unspoken nationalistic bond.

You can also see that demonstrated with whom they choose to bank with. I hear the folks at our local banks' branches (fyi: all 3 have offices there) in Ho Chi Minh kpkb that cash rich Japanese firms won't even budge from BTMU even when they are offered double the interest rate for their cash deposits.

Sinkie (sorry these are not Singapore in my book) companies on the other hand will drop their panties transfer everything for 0.75% more to the local unrated VN bank. While there are some that will support local but more often than not, behave like whores for the best bidder.

Maybe the day you hear Singaporeans having this trait helping their own countrymen get into a company once they join then I think we are somewhere on the path to nationhood.

You are also support jap or Korean or German wud... Look at the cars u buy...

sg have to start having a "sg first" mentality.

Choose local brands, support local foods, choose petrol brand that contributes most to sg economy.

And realistically, sg cant be limited to singapore only but hv to include "sg + johor" to get the critical mass. If johor prospers.. Will make this region much more relaxing

hello..where got SG petrol brand.. All come from Middle East wud.. Food brand where got? Tiger now speak Thai.. Chicken rice? Wanton Mee?

Even our grandparents were imported and voila we are here...

↡ Advertisement