• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
34 replies to this topic | 125 praises

Posted 24 May 2016 - 07:13 AM

RadX
  • Premium member
    RadX

No dedicated thread on X-men and the series.  Start one here

Please feel free to discuss other X-men movies like Days of Future PAst, Wolverine, etc...

Saw it last night.  Not too bad.  

Those who have not watched.  Stay till end.

Hydrocarbon praised this

RESPECT is only for the DEAD!

Posted 24 May 2016 - 07:22 AM

Blackyv
  • Premium member
    Blackyv
    2Fast2Furious
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

My wife brought my kids to the show yesterday and they like it... but son said wolverine only appear awhile and didn't even speak a single word.. focus is not on him.... it is?..

Posted 24 May 2016 - 07:25 AM

RadX
  • Premium member
    RadX

My wife brought my kids to the show yesterday and they like it... but son said wolverine only appear awhile and didn't even speak a single word.. focus is not on him.... it is?..

nope....it's an easter egg.  REad abt it on the net.

Posted 24 May 2016 - 08:00 AM

Newbie26
  • Newbie26
    NOS-ed
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

RadX

You must be one of the X hiding inside MCF [laugh]

The "Professor" looks kind of "immature" and "weak", does not appear to have the X factor

Its a good movie

Please feel free to discuss other X-men movies like Days of Future PAst, Wolverine, etc...

tenyawph, Byteslurve, Spring, Sunny, Angcheek, FourZero, Tigershark1976 and 1 Anonymous member praised this

Posted 24 May 2016 - 08:03 AM

RadX
  • Premium member
    RadX

RadX

You must be one of the X hiding inside MCF [laugh]

The "Professor" looks kind of "immature" and "weak", does not appear to have the X factor

Its a good movie

hahaha.......dun let me start dreaming....Jman888 will tell you my story...kekek

Angcheek, he wait...lol

Posted 24 May 2016 - 09:02 AM

Loki
  • Premium member
    Loki
    Supercharged
    Author Image

Wolverine didn't talk but he grunted and growled a lot.

Posted 24 May 2016 - 09:05 AM

RadX
  • Premium member
    RadX

Wolverine didn't talk but he grunted and growled a lot.

That was the full glory of him.....the last part was classic...hahaha, the end part at Alkali

i was a bit lost.  This is AFTER days of future past rt?  Why was he liddat?  He did come back from the future in DOFP, and this is showing his new found existence?  Weapon X?

X-men fans, do come in

Posted 24 May 2016 - 09:07 AM

Watwheels
  • Premium member
    Watwheels
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Luckily it's only one "X" in X-men and not triple X. [laugh]

Long time ago I watched the animated series on TV which are aired on Saturdays I think. That was close to what the comics are. Hollywood versions are always kinda different. Which in a way can be disappointing when they changed the story here and there.

Edited by Watwheels, 24 May 2016 - 09:13 AM.

Blueray praised this
The chosen one will bring balance to the Force...I mean Singapore. Even star wars do not reserve "the chosen one" to a sith lord or a jedi or a wookie.

Posted 24 May 2016 - 09:09 AM

RadX
  • Premium member
    RadX

hahaha...hyper female...kekeke

a2mKAvE_700b.jpg

Watwheels and Mrmilktooth praised this

Posted 24 May 2016 - 09:09 AM

Blueray
  • Blueray
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

I think the latter may have more fans ... Hee ...
Watwheels praised this
"old dog, new tricks ..."

Posted 24 May 2016 - 09:13 AM

Ttl1976
  • Premium member
    Ttl1976
    5th Gear
    Author Image

better than the days of the future past.
feel jean grey character can have better development.

overall not bad

Posted 24 May 2016 - 09:24 AM

Watwheels
  • Premium member
    Watwheels
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

overall not bad

Jean grey will become the phoenix and later dark phoenix. It's in the comics.

I don't read comics but I like watching the animated x-men series when I was young. There are a lot of stories on the characters in x-men. I do not think Hollywood can cover so many.

RadX praised this
The chosen one will bring balance to the Force...I mean Singapore. Even star wars do not reserve "the chosen one" to a sith lord or a jedi or a wookie.

Posted 24 May 2016 - 09:34 AM

RadX
  • Premium member
    RadX

overall not bad

yes agree....the full unleash

Jean grey will become the phoenix and later dark phoenix. It's in the comics.

I don't read comics but I like watching the animated x-men series when I was young. There are a lot of stories on the characters in x-men. I do not think Hollywood can cover so many.

but quiksilver is damn cool..... hahah.  Guess now he knows magneto is daddy...the drama unfolds

Posted 24 May 2016 - 09:51 AM

Staff69
  • Staff69
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

i thought it was you having a rejuvenating spa treatment in the beginning of the show :XD: 

1.11.jpg  

Byteslurve and car50 praised this
your social circles aren't wide enough if you think i am rich

Don't worry if plan A fails, there are 25 more letters in the alphabet.

Posted 24 May 2016 - 10:18 AM

Hydrocarbon
  • Hydrocarbon
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Wolverine appearing only for a short while is not the issue, but does not capture the essence of Wolverine fully, imho. I liked Wolverine's even shorter outing in First Class where he told Prof and Magneto to "F**k off" when they were trying to recruit him. It was a brief scene, but to me, that was better. Something was just weird in Apocalypse.

Also, while the movie was long (145mins), there were too many characters and not enough development for all of them, so a lot of the nuances and the "whys" were not captured properly.

And, stay til the end of the credits. Got bonus scene.

*Spoiler for bonus scene*

Spoiler

吃别人所不能吃的苦,忍别人所不能忍的气,做别人所不能做的事,
就能享受别人所不能享受的一切.

Posted 24 May 2016 - 10:22 AM

Icedbs
  • Icedbs
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

I find it so-so only, the last 2 were better.

Posted 24 May 2016 - 11:00 AM

Scion
  • Scion
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

haven't watch Apocalypse yet

but for Days of the Future Past, it's confusing...

when Wolverine went back to the 1973 to change the history, wasn't he and his half brother Victor at that time in Vietnam fighting war and later recruited by Stryker (in Wolverine Origin)?

Posted 24 May 2016 - 11:07 AM

Angcheek
  • Premium member
    Angcheek
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

That was the full glory of him.....the last part was classic...hahaha, the end part at Alkali

i was a bit lost. This is AFTER days of future past rt? Why was he liddat? He did come back from the future in DOFP, and this is showing his new found existence? Weapon X?

X-men fans, do come in

If any movie can get u confuse ... must be damn solid ... probably too cheem for me.

Beh liao kai tio si beh liao kai kekeke
樹多總有枯枝,人多總有白痴

Posted 24 May 2016 - 11:09 AM

Stratovarius
  • Premium member
    Stratovarius
    5th Gear
    Author Image

I'm a fan of x-men, but not the movies. The movie kinda of screws up the story we know from the comics. The first class series is kind of a soft reboot of the original casts which I personally thinks are much better. But, Xavier did not get paralyzed waist down because of a bullet. 

Will still probably watch the Apocalypse since he is one of my favorite character in Marvel.

Posted 24 May 2016 - 02:12 PM

Mustank
  • Mustank
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

yeah me too

crap movie

rather read their x-men comics :grin: [sly]

Back to Men's Hobby  ·  Non-Car Related Top Reply to this topic

Quick Reply

Tags: x men, wolverine, charles, xavier and 3 more...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users