• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
15 replies to this topic | 30 praises

Posted 24 May 2016 - 10:23 PM

Carbon82
  • Premium member
    Carbon82
    NOS-ed
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Renault-Grand_Scenic-2017-1600-01.jpgRenault-Grand_Scenic-2017-1600-03.jpgRenault-Grand_Scenic-2017-1600-02.jpgRenault-Grand_Scenic-2017-1600-05.jpgRenault-Grand_Scenic-2017-1600-06.jpgRenault-Grand_Scenic-2017-1600-07.jpgRenault-Grand_Scenic-2017-1600-08.jpgRenault-Grand_Scenic-2017-1600-09.jpgRenault-Grand_Scenic-2017-1600-04.jpg

2BDriver praised this
Behaviour shapes attitudes, and over a period of time, solidifies into beliefs.

Posted 24 May 2016 - 10:29 PM

Sunny
  • Premium member
    Sunny
    2Fast2Furious
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Outside looks of bad

But the center console

Looks like a big Hp lolx

Posted 24 May 2016 - 10:39 PM

Carbon82
  • Premium member
    Carbon82
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Typo error, it should be 4th generation Grand Scenic.

The new model adopt the same crossover look from the Grand Espace launched last year in Europe, which is rather trendy, imo. The centre console look kind of out of place from that angle though. BTW, all version of the new Grand Scenic come standard with 20" rim!! Wonder how the low end petrol engine (with 110ps) move the car with such big shoes...

Posted 24 May 2016 - 11:51 PM

Hamburger
  • Premium member
    Hamburger
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Giant iPad!!!!!!
Carbon82 praised this
do to others what you want others to do to you......

Posted 25 May 2016 - 08:20 AM

Carbon82
  • Premium member
    Carbon82
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Carrying a more crossover-like design, first seen on the Espace and then on the Scenic, Renault has lifted the veils off the new generation Grand Scenic.

The compact people carrier is offered in both five- and seven-seat versions and has grown substantially compared to the model it replaces, becoming 75 mm longer, 20 mm wider and 15 mm taller, riding on a 35 mm longer wheelbase, gaining an additional 30 mm of ground clearance and an extra 40 liters of boot space in the five-seat variant.

Facilitating the load and increasing its practicality is a One Touch Folding Seat function, available at the touch of a button or a tap of the touchscreen, which allows the rear seats to be folded automatically to obtain a flat floor.

Some of the tech present across the range, available as standard or at an extra cost, depending on the selected trim, is the R-Link 2 infotainment system, working together with an 8.7-inch display, full-color head-up display, Bose surround sound system and the list also counts adaptive cruise control, Active Emergency Braking, Lane Departure Warning, Safe Distance Warning, Traffic Sight Recognition with Over Speed Prevention, Blind Spot Warning, rearview camera, front, rear and side parking sensors and Easy Park Assist.

Riding on the CMF (Common Module Family) platform, also used on the Megane, Kadjar, Espace and Talisman, the all-new Renault Grand Scenic sits on standard 20-inch wheels. The engine lineup includes two petrol burners, the TCe 115 and TCe 130, and three diesels, the dCi 110, dCi 130 and dCi 160; the list also counts an electrified Hybrid Assist powertrain, the dCi 110, offered with a six-speed manual gearbox only.

Probably the most groundbreaking feature of the new Scénic's design is the fitment of 20-inch wheels as standard across the range. These narrower wheels (195mm) are both a technological and styling innovation. With a sidewall height of 107mm - equivalent to that of the Scénic 3's 17-inch tyres - the new Scénic's tyres ensure a level of ride comfort that is amongst the market's very best.

This bold design choice was a key guiding principle behind the project from the start. Indeed, these large wheels make an active contribution to the car's balanced proportions and are customisable on demand thanks to a comprehensive choice of rims and inserts, called 'add-ons'. These rims and add-ons have also been devised to save weight and streamline the car's aerodynamics, which leads to lower fuel consumption. The unique size of these wheels (195/55 R20), and the fitment of specifically developed tyres for lower energy consumption and enhanced aerodynamic efficiency, also guarantee class-leading rolling resistance.

Wah lau, where to find such tyre?? The tyre might ended up costing more than the saving in petrol bill (if any)!! :yuush:

Posted 25 May 2016 - 08:24 AM

Mkl22
  • Mkl22
    6th Gear
    Author Image

Tires are NOTHING, compared with the time lost and cost of the breakdowns.
Chowyunfatt praised this

Posted 25 May 2016 - 08:25 AM

Kangadrool
  • Premium member
    Kangadrool
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

All next gen Renault models looks like this. [bigcry]

So big... the taxi companies could probably customize their taximeters into it. [idea]  

Giant iPad!!!!!!

Carbon82 praised this

Posted 25 May 2016 - 08:43 AM

Watwheels
  • Premium member
    Watwheels
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Typo error, it should be 4th generation Grand Scenic.

The new model adopt the same crossover look from the Grand Espace launched last year in Europe, which is rather trendy, imo. The centre console look kind of out of place from that angle though. BTW, all version of the new Grand Scenic come standard with 20" rim!! Wonder how the low end petrol engine (with 110ps) move the car with such big shoes...

Tires look like those similar to BMW i3 & i8 skinny and large diameter. I think the tire width is either 155 or 175. From the pics the tires do look skinny.

Scenic II was popular here. Saw a lot on the roads but I think many were short lived. Scenic III I think it's more rare dan supercars. Grand Scenic is also rare here. See how this Scenic IV will fare.

Carbon82 praised this
Night King

Posted 25 May 2016 - 09:20 AM

Heman75
  • Premium member
    Heman75
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Tires are NOTHING, compared with the time lost and cost of the breakdowns.

Renault is unlike the past. its reliability has improved greatly. I owned a GS for more than 2yrs not even a single problem. perception will change gradually

Posted 25 May 2016 - 09:41 AM

Carbon82
  • Premium member
    Carbon82
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Reliability is one thing (but honestly with many electronics control, chances of breakdowning are there), the choice of engine is another. The engine lineup do not look exciting for most buyer...

Petrol output horsepower, might not be smooth enough for a 4.65m long MPV

Angcheek praised this

Posted 25 May 2016 - 09:53 AM

Chowyunfatt
  • Premium member
    Chowyunfatt
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Tires look like those similar to BMW i3 & i8 skinny and large diameter. I think the tire width is either 155 or 175. From the pics the tires do look skinny.

Skinny Tyres on a big car is like a Fat Man with Skinny Legs ... Especially, from the rear view ...

Its Not How You Pick Your Nose...Its Where You Flick The Booger...!!!

Posted 25 May 2016 - 10:19 AM

Mkl22
  • Mkl22
    6th Gear
    Author Image

Renault is unlike the past. its reliability has improved greatly. I owned a GS for more than 2yrs not even a single problem. perception will change gradually

wait a bit more and the problems will come and bite you. even if the french have improved. the rest have improved even more. French cars can NEVER come close to a reliability of a Japanese car, NEVER! the mechanical and electrical design is still shit after all these years! I checked out the Fluence in the showroom and took a drive... yucks.

Edited by Mkl22, 25 May 2016 - 10:21 AM.

Posted 25 May 2016 - 11:24 AM

Watwheels
  • Premium member
    Watwheels
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

I just realised for such tires there's ony one brand to choose from currently.....

bridgestone ecopia ep500

Night King

Posted 25 May 2016 - 05:26 PM

Carbon82
  • Premium member
    Carbon82
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Scenic II was popular here. Saw a lot on the roads but I think many were short lived. Scenic III I think it's more rare dan supercars. Grand Scenic is also rare here. See how this Scenic IV will fare.

Many years ago, when I check with tyre shop if they have any 18" tyre with width of 195 or 205, they "swan" me, saying that the car will skid with such thin tyre... :we-all-gonna-die:  

Now I can go back and show them 20" can do on 195 width and see what they have to say. hahaha :evilish:

Posted 10 September 2016 - 10:01 PM

yokechye
  • Premium member
    yokechye
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

One of the first few reviews

Posted 10 September 2016 - 10:20 PM

Heartbreakid
  • Heartbreakid
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Like the looks actually. At least it has its own design language. Looking forward to see this car here. Wonder what will the engine specs be like. Don't really like the 1.5DCi in the current range, too unrefine...

Back to Conti Talk  ·  Car Brands Top Reply to this topic

Related user reviews on sgCarMart.com

Renault Grand Scenic Diesel

Renault Grand Scenic Diesel  |  Rating   Submit Review

Reviewed by Khho4  |  Neutral Newbie

Good Car

Grand Scenic is a wonderful car for my family. Just got my new car in 1st week of Oct 14. Tested the car and love it.

Renault Grand Scenic Diesel

Renault Grand Scenic Diesel  |  Rating   Submit Review

Reviewed by Victor68  |  5th Gear

Test drive but yet to decide

I test drive this car yesterday among the various MPVs. According to the sale person, the car I tested was the Euro 6 and only arrived a few hours earlier. Having driven other diesel car, this car was responsive compared to the others. In... » Read More

Related New Cars search on sgCarMart.com : Renault Grand Scenic Diesel

Quick Reply

Tags: renault, scenic, mpv, french and 4 more...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users