2nd Generation Renault Grand Scenic

Carbon82

Hypersonic

Outside looks of bad

But the center console

Looks like a big Hp lolx

Typo error, it should be 4th generation Grand Scenic.

The new model adopt the same crossover look from the Grand Espace launched last year in Europe, which is rather trendy, imo. The centre console look kind of out of place from that angle though. BTW, all version of the new Grand Scenic come standard with 20" rim!! Wonder how the low end petrol engine (with 110ps) move the car with such big shoes...

• Praise 5

Carrying a more crossover-like design, first seen on the Espace and then on the Scenic, Renault has lifted the veils off the new generation Grand Scenic.

The compact people carrier is offered in both five- and seven-seat versions and has grown substantially compared to the model it replaces, becoming 75 mm longer, 20 mm wider and 15 mm taller, riding on a 35 mm longer wheelbase, gaining an additional 30 mm of ground clearance and an extra 40 liters of boot space in the five-seat variant.

Facilitating the load and increasing its practicality is a One Touch Folding Seat function, available at the touch of a button or a tap of the touchscreen, which allows the rear seats to be folded automatically to obtain a flat floor.

Some of the tech present across the range, available as standard or at an extra cost, depending on the selected trim, is the R-Link 2 infotainment system, working together with an 8.7-inch display, full-color head-up display, Bose surround sound system and the list also counts adaptive cruise control, Active Emergency Braking, Lane Departure Warning, Safe Distance Warning, Traffic Sight Recognition with Over Speed Prevention, Blind Spot Warning, rearview camera, front, rear and side parking sensors and Easy Park Assist.

Riding on the CMF (Common Module Family) platform, also used on the Megane, Kadjar, Espace and Talisman, the all-new Renault Grand Scenic sits on standard 20-inch wheels. The engine lineup includes two petrol burners, the TCe 115 and TCe 130, and three diesels, the dCi 110, dCi 130 and dCi 160; the list also counts an electrified Hybrid Assist powertrain, the dCi 110, offered with a six-speed manual gearbox only.

Probably the most groundbreaking feature of the new Scénic's design is the fitment of 20-inch wheels as standard across the range. These narrower wheels (195mm) are both a technological and styling innovation. With a sidewall height of 107mm - equivalent to that of the Scénic 3's 17-inch tyres - the new Scénic's tyres ensure a level of ride comfort that is amongst the market's very best.

This bold design choice was a key guiding principle behind the project from the start. Indeed, these large wheels make an active contribution to the car's balanced proportions and are customisable on demand thanks to a comprehensive choice of rims and inserts, called 'add-ons'. These rims and add-ons have also been devised to save weight and streamline the car's aerodynamics, which leads to lower fuel consumption. The unique size of these wheels (195/55 R20), and the fitment of specifically developed tyres for lower energy consumption and enhanced aerodynamic efficiency, also guarantee class-leading rolling resistance.

Wah lau, where to find such tyre?? The tyre might ended up costing more than the saving in petrol bill (if any)!! :yuush:

• Praise 5

All next gen Renault models looks like this. [bigcry]

So big... the taxi companies could probably customize their taximeters into it. [idea]  

Giant iPad!!!!!!

• Praise 1

Typo error, it should be 4th generation Grand Scenic.

The new model adopt the same crossover look from the Grand Espace launched last year in Europe, which is rather trendy, imo. The centre console look kind of out of place from that angle though. BTW, all version of the new Grand Scenic come standard with 20" rim!! Wonder how the low end petrol engine (with 110ps) move the car with such big shoes...

Tires look like those similar to BMW i3 & i8 skinny and large diameter. I think the tire width is either 155 or 175. From the pics the tires do look skinny.

Scenic II was popular here. Saw a lot on the roads but I think many were short lived. Scenic III I think it's more rare dan supercars. Grand Scenic is also rare here. See how this Scenic IV will fare.

• Praise 1

Supercharged

Tires are NOTHING, compared with the time lost and cost of the breakdowns.

Renault is unlike the past. its reliability has improved greatly. I owned a GS for more than 2yrs not even a single problem. perception will change gradually

• Praise 1

Reliability is one thing (but honestly with many electronics control, chances of breakdowning are there), the choice of engine is another. The engine lineup do not look exciting for most buyer...

Petrol output @130 horsepower, might not be smooth enough for a 4.65m long MPV

• Praise 5

Tires look like those similar to BMW i3 & i8 skinny and large diameter. I think the tire width is either 155 or 175. From the pics the tires do look skinny.

Skinny Tyres on a big car is like a Fat Man with Skinny Legs ... Especially, from the rear view ...

Twincharged
(edited)

Renault is unlike the past. its reliability has improved greatly. I owned a GS for more than 2yrs not even a single problem. perception will change gradually

wait a bit more and the problems will come and bite you. even if the french have improved. the rest have improved even more. French cars can NEVER come close to a reliability of a Japanese car, NEVER! the mechanical and electrical design is still shit after all these years! I checked out the Fluence in the showroom and took a drive... yucks.

Edited by Mkl22

Scenic II was popular here. Saw a lot on the roads but I think many were short lived. Scenic III I think it's more rare dan supercars. Grand Scenic is also rare here. See how this Scenic IV will fare.

Many years ago, when I check with tyre shop if they have any 18" tyre with width of 195 or 205, they "swan" me, saying that the car will skid with such thin tyre... :we-all-gonna-die:  

Now I can go back and show them 20" can do on 195 width and see what they have to say. hahaha :evilish:

• Praise 4
  • Haha! 2

Like the looks actually. At least it has its own design language. Looking forward to see this car here. Wonder what will the engine specs be like. Don't really like the 1.5DCi in the current range, too unrefine...

Neutral Newbie

Does anyone know when this 4th generation scenic reach our shores? Its already on sale in the UK and I realized that wearnes have been aggressively doing roadshows for the 3rd generation models... Could it be a case of stock clearance>?

Does anyone know when this 4th generation scenic reach our shores? Its already on sale in the UK and I realized that wearnes have been aggressively doing roadshows for the 3rd generation models... Could it be a case of stock clearance>?

Was told by the SE around June.
↡ Advertisement