Microsoft retreats in smartphone battle, 1,850 jobs to go

Tigerwoods

What are your opinions ?

1. Do you think finally Windows Phone 7 will be able to increase market share ?

2. Will you switch from iPhone, Andriod phone to Phone 7 ?

3. What will be the pulling factors ?

↡ Advertisement

I only have one unique requirement and becoz of this, I got myself a Winmobil 6.5 on HTC HD2, and a nokia sybian phone for my wife. And it's also the reason why I sold away my brand new android Samsung galaxy S.

Can Garmin mobile XT be installed on it? If yes, then Windows phone is on my list for future upgrade.

I only have one unique requirement and becoz of this, I got myself a Winmobil 6.5 on HTC HD2, and a nokia sybian phone for my wife. And it's also the reason why I sold away my brand new android Samsung galaxy S.

Can Garmin mobile XT be installed on it? If yes, then Windows phone is on my list for future upgrade.

bro Ender any idea if therez a complimentary upgrade to win phone 7 for HD2?

What is your One unique requirement on the WM6.5 that the Samsung GS cannot fulfil ?

What is your One unique requirement on the WM6.5 that the Samsung GS cannot fulfil ?

Android cannot install Garmin Mobile XT..

Garmin xt is the only item I miss when I gave up my omnia2 for htc desire but I can live with it and not with daily hang or reboot of phone... [:p]

Back to wimo7, I wont dare to touch it until I read enough of it... Btw, my way of finding out mote info of any phone is not google for its review but more on its problem...

Back to wimo7, I wont dare to touch it until I read enough of it... Btw, my way of finding out mote info of any phone is not google for its review but more on its problem...

Agree. I will wait for more paying beta users feedback before jumping in..

Agree... dont just dive in. wait for user review and decide...... unles really is die hard must be the first to get hold of new gadget..... [:p]

This WP7 is gonna bring MS back to life or its goin to condemn them, and that means more IP4/IP5/IP6 and HTC/Samsung whatever LJ model for Andriod flooding the market....

We will have to wait and see.....

But anyway, sit back and enjoy some "entertainment" along the way...... the fanboy for the 3 sides gonna start their war soon..... [laugh][:p] .... or maybe already started, even before anyone touch the WP7 phone..... [rolleyes]

WP7 needs 1 GHz processor.. does the HTC HD2 have this spec ??

i still remember my SGD1200 O2 Atom...no window on my phone unless it can proof to me that it can perform its basic function as a phone and not hang when I want to make a call...that why no more smart WM phone for me anymore... :D

What about the Garmin Asus M10 or A10? Would it not fit your requirements?

i still remember my SGD1200 O2 Atom...no window on my phone unless it can proof to me that it can perform its basic function as a phone and not hang when I want to make a call...that why no more smart WM phone for me anymore... :D

Windows other name is call Hang or Freeze.. this is true.

Every device it operates hangs or freezes and no amount of patches or updates can resolve it....

WP7 needs 1 GHz processor.. does the HTC HD2 have this spec ??

HD2 has snapdragon 1ghz.. Should be enough.. But don't know if HTC will offer the upgrade.

What about the Garmin Asus M10 or A10? Would it not fit your requirements?

YEs it does. But the 4.3" of HD2 won me over. A full fledge 4.3" GPS that function as a phone.

↡ Advertisement