• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
13 replies to this topic | 0 praises

Posted 28 May 2016 - 10:39 PM

Keen
  • Premium member
    Keen
    3rd Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Turn steering wheel, let go of wheel, car keeps turning - HELP
I went for wheel alignment, all is good. 2 reputable workshop can't find any solutions. 🙁

Posted 29 May 2016 - 02:15 AM

JohnSHL
  • Premium member
    JohnSHL
    Supercharged
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

u mean the steering wheel doesn't self-center after u release the steering wheel?

or steering wheel is straight but car turns? slight pull or very severe?

Posted 29 May 2016 - 11:27 AM

Watwheels
  • Premium member
    Watwheels
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

What has this got to do with wheel alignment? It's either the steering rack got problem or the front suspension struts got problem.

The chosen one will bring balance to the Force...I mean Singapore. Even star wars do not reserve "the chosen one" to a sith lord or a jedi or a wookie.

Posted 29 May 2016 - 10:24 PM

Ct3833
  • Ct3833
    6th Gear
    Author Image

If your car is a subaru , refer to this...
http://www.cnet.com/...teering-issues/

Otherwise, you may want to describe your situation more specifically.

Posted 30 May 2016 - 08:14 PM

Count-Bracula
  • Premium member
    Count-Bracula
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Turn steering wheel, let go of wheel, car keeps turning - HELP
I went for wheel alignment, all is good. 2 reputable workshop can't find any solutions. 🙁

Sounds like bumper car leh [laugh]  [:p]

Me Newcastle fan

Posted 31 May 2016 - 02:11 PM

Keen
  • Premium member
    Keen
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

What has this got to do with wheel alignment? It's either the steering rack got problem or the front suspension struts got problem.

Both workshop are not confident that after steering rack recondition/replace will definitely solve the problem. :(
At high speed, the steering wheel seem loose though and it's scary

Edited by Keen, 31 May 2016 - 02:12 PM.

Posted 06 June 2016 - 10:40 AM

Passion
  • Premium member
    Passion
    Supercharged
    Author Image

Can describe the problem more specifically? Like that how to troubleshoot?

You mean the steering wheel don't auto self centre?

Posted 06 June 2016 - 10:47 AM

Pocus
  • Pocus
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Can describe the problem more specifically? Like that how to troubleshoot?

You mean the steering wheel don't auto self centre?

I think I know why the workshops cannot solve the problem. Cos TS can't even describe the problem properly.

Posted 06 June 2016 - 10:56 AM

Myxilplix
  • Myxilplix
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Check your caster angle lor.

A line of paint on a road holds more authority than I ever will.

Posted 06 June 2016 - 11:02 AM

Watwheels
  • Premium member
    Watwheels
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

I think he went to the wrong ppl to fix his steering issue. This common issue of cannot self center is either caused by the steering rack or the front suspension strut bearings. He has to go to a car mechanic. Going to a wheel alignment tire shop to check wheel alignment has already checked out ok. But solving the steering issue the tire shop ppl aren't confident is because they are not the right ppl to go to.

Edited by Watwheels, 06 June 2016 - 11:03 AM.

The chosen one will bring balance to the Force...I mean Singapore. Even star wars do not reserve "the chosen one" to a sith lord or a jedi or a wookie.

Posted 06 June 2016 - 12:57 PM

Passion
  • Premium member
    Passion
    Supercharged
    Author Image

I think I know why the workshops cannot solve the problem. Cos TS can't even describe the problem properly.

I think so too.

If car can't go straight, there are many reasons. Alignment is just one of them. When steering wheel is fitted back without aligning properly after dismantling, the same can happen too. During alignment, steering wheel not straighten, and do alignment, the alignment also can be not accurate.

If steering cannot return, maybe power assisted steering gone also possible. Steering rack jam or gear broken also possible. Everything also can.

TS - If steering can't turn, go tyre shop no use. You should go to mechanic.

But I think, if you go, you sure kena carrot until.... cause you don't know what's wrong. They can just anyhow ketok you.

Posted 07 June 2016 - 09:56 PM

Keen
  • Premium member
    Keen
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

ok, maybe I did not explained it clearly. To be more precise, the steering wheel seem to slip when i turn 45 degres. it will slip and make a full lock unless I hold on to the steering wheel tightly.

Other then that, when on highway speed, a slight bump will cause the car to slightly lose traction.

At first I thought its alignment issue, which is why I went to alignment shop. afterwhich I went to 2 different workshop but none could pinpoint any problem.

Am at a lost now :(

Posted 09 June 2016 - 11:23 AM

Passion
  • Premium member
    Passion
    Supercharged
    Author Image

ok, maybe I did not explained it clearly. To be more precise, the steering wheel seem to slip when i turn 45 degres. it will slip and make a full lock unless I hold on to the steering wheel tightly.

Other then that, when on highway speed, a slight bump will cause the car to slightly lose traction.

At first I thought its alignment issue, which is why I went to alignment shop. afterwhich I went to 2 different workshop but none could pinpoint any problem.

Am at a lost now :(

Check your steering rack. Got something like a gear in it. I think the gearing is gone. I guess it will only slip to one side?

Posted 13 October 2017 - 02:50 PM

ismailmiller
  • ismailmiller
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

Hi Guys,

I have a similar issue with my Corolla Altis, 2010 Model. Steering wheel alignment done but during driving when car is approaching uneven surface, for e.g a small bump on the road, car will drift to the left - Steering wheel turn left 15 degrees sharply(when front left wheel goes over the bump). Funny thing is when there is a right bump, the drifting is not observable. I went to 2 different car workshops and they cant diagnose it, except one workshop found one of my tire slightly worn out - just hit the safety line which I asked them to do tire rotation. Any recommended workshops before I go to Borneo Motors to resolve this issue?

Best Regards,

Mail

Back to Maintenance & Repairs  ·  Aftermarket Top Reply to this topic
Dynamics Mechanic Pte Ltd

Related user reviews on sgCarMart.com

RAGE Performance Technik

RAGE Performance Technik  |  Rating   Submit Review

Reviewed by TaichiMaster  |  Neutral Newbie

Went back to Rage performance again for servicing. Maintaining the same level of courtesy and friendly. Nice staffs. The boss is also very friendly. Have share experience in upgrades and performance parts.

Garage Republic Pte Ltd

Garage Republic Pte Ltd  |  Rating   Submit Review

Reviewed by VteckiCk  |  2nd Gear

Pleasant experience with the boss (Dexter). Didn't know they have shifted to a few levels up at the same building. Sent my Fiat to do some simple servicing few months back and was also informed by mechanic Shen/Sheng about an oil leak that will have to be rectified soon. No hard selling on their end. Price is also reasonable. » Read More

Related Motor Directory search on sgCarMart.com : Repair & Servicing

Quick Reply

Tags: honda, wheel, keep turning, help and 5 more...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users