Manchester United 2016/17 - Special Again!

Vid

think we are jinxed this season!

when all appear good then we dropped points...

6th position is the best we get to-date!!!

[bigcry]  [bigcry]

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

As usual Jose knows Zlatan too well, he dosen't insult him, he dosen't scold him nor criticise him either instead, he said: He is an older generation player who play hard football and doesn't complain, it's part and parcel of the game. well well, Mr. Mourinho, I'd not stand by you in those Chelsea days protecting Terry & Co. just make sure he deliver and don't get ban matches in the next games coming up.

Europa League (Round of 16) 1st Leg - Away

ManU 1(Mkhi) - Rst 1

Played on a dry pitch, with Mkhi showing robustness in his tackles and scoring in the 1st half with a simple tap-in from Ibra's pass, FC Rostov's players didn't seem to absorb the hard knocks well, with one player replaced.

The 2nd half was also not exciting with nothing to show for with the exception of the equalizer, courtesy of Jones who lost his man-marking skills - and the fans, who were well-behaved. With the better pitch on home ground, hope to look forward to a more exciting match in a week's time. 

With the headline in sports like that below...How to win??!! Must go for draw or luck...

Rooney / Martial / Rashford did not travel to London due to injury

Zlatan suspended...

and Fellanin to play upfront??!!

Manchester United forward line wiped out by injury, illness and suspension as Jose Mourinho calls on Marouane Fellaini for FA Cup clash at Chelsea

FA CUP Q-Finals

ManU 0 - Che 1 (Kante)

Little penetration in the 1st half and to make matters worse, Herrera was sent off for a foul on their best player Hazard in the 35th minute, and Mkhi was replaced by Fellaini. Our main striker Rashford was well contained by Luiz.

Continuing with 10 men in the 2nd half, our players were listless and impotent with Lingaard coming on for Young. We did well to soak up their attacks with stout defending and the score could have been higher, judging from their penetrative passes and attempts on goal. We were simply outclassed!

Sad, but to me, somewhat expected. At least they have improved on 4-0 to 1-0. 10 men too. Lets carry on improving and hand it back to them the next time we meet. :yuush:

agreed with the comments here...

10 men. not likely to win.

Last chance is to win EUROPA to qualify for Champion league.

our chance for top 4 seems jinxed..

FA CUP Q-Finals

ManU 0 - Che 1 (Kante)

Little penetration in the 1st half and to make matters worse, Herrera was sent off for a foul on their best player Hazard in the 35th minute, and Mkhi was replaced by Fellaini. Our main striker Rashford was well contained by Luiz.

Continuing with 10 men in the 2nd half, our players were listless and impotent with Lingaard coming on for Young. We did well to soak up their attacks with stout defending and the score could have been higher, judging from their penetrative passes and attempts on goal. We were simply outclassed!

• Praise 1

ManU just don't deserve to be top 4. [thumbsdown] 

We fought hard, however I have to admit Chel were the better team who shoot from all angles and thy are deserving winner. De Gea saves devils's arses or could be 3-1 goals at least.

Football is such, today you beat us, next week, devils come knocking . . . [laugh]

• Praise 2

Let the devils recharge and recoup their energy for next match, losing to Chelsea was a bitter pill to swallow, however not forgetting Zlantan and Martial was not playing so advantage to Chelski, thy swamped us, like a shooting practise inside and out the six yard box, which is normal and Manchester would do the same when Costa , Cesc or Hazard are not available .. .

Do not lose heart over the loss, the player's focus must be on the other two cups . . . it dopes not matter we are playing with 10 mens of buys, Herrera is playing under instruction by Jose to close down Hazard and the latter fell like a lumber, plus herrera tackled from behind so it's pretty obvious a second yellow ( RED )

Well said.

Last year no 10th this year likely champion

Last year Champion, this year no 16th

Anything can Happen in Football

position 6,6,6 reminds us that they are the RED DEVILS [bounce1]

Just need 1-2 additional game changers to reach heaven next season   [angel]

We fought hard, however I have to admit Chel were the better team who shoot from all angles and thy are deserving winner. De Gea saves devils's arses or could be 3-1 goals at least.

Football is such, today you beat us, next week, devils come knocking . . . [laugh]

• Praise 9

JM said in the post match interview that Pogba was the best player on the pitch.

Unless JM told him off privately otherwise, how would one expect him to improve when this type pof rubbish performance can already earn praises.

Pogba has been blowing hot and cold, lately more cold than hot. Though he still has performed the most passes, but mainly square and short one. He lost Kant who had all the time to place his shot.

I won't be surprised if he rated as flop by neutral pundits.

Anders disappointed too, esp for the daft 2nd yellow (though he was largely "innocent" for the 1st) which literally gave the match away.

But at least we got one out of the way and can now concentrate on EL as I am skeptic that we could finish top 4 with tough games and congested fixture.

• Praise 1

I like to add it is not up to us ( fans ) sitting behind the computer and write stuff ppl don't like to hear, let's be honest with ourself that Devils are not performing as thy should be & Jose has his fav ( fellaini and Valencia ) players and I feel kinda agree with his thought especially Valencia.

from Winger to right back, hardly complain yet gave his best shot, this is what I liked most about him and Fellaini, Jose needed someone who can jump, use his brain to head to create havoc in midfield play, he is not Robson nor Keane, in between i like to say he someone like D.Yorke or Hernandez ( chicharito ) little pea buzzing around . . .

why and how United lost the plot, simply we lost one man short in midfield ( Herrera ),which is simply why Kante was allow to move outside the 6 yard area and squeeze every inch he can find and he did when De Gea merely shifted his leg to the left  . . . & make it count.

That was a quality attack we ( united ) lacks

Sad, but to me, somewhat expected. At least they have improved on 4-0 to 1-0. 10 men too. Lets carry on improving and hand it back to them the next time we meet. :yuush:

I agree with you. I thought we defended well with all the Chelsea shots raining down and it is their home ground.

Even SAF's Manchester United didn't win a lot at Stamford Bridge to the best of my recollection and memories. I know I may say this as a comforting remark.

But there are some areas which this team has improved this season. We have depended too heavily on a certain 35 year old and we need a clinical finisher like Muller etc.

• Praise 2

Europa League (Round of 16) 2nd Leg - Home (1-1 Aggregate)

ManU 1 (Mata) - Rst 0 

We had most of the possession, corners and free-kicks but nothing to show for, with Rostov having only one attempt at goal during the 1st half. Close encounters with Ibra hitting the posts twice and Rojo heading straight at the goalie. Valencia was effective and tormenting down the right flank, who's better than Young, imho.

The 2nd half saw Pogba replaced by Fellaini due to a hamstring pull and we went 1-0 up when Mkhi passed to Ibra, who back-heeled for Mata to tap in. All in, not a good showing but the Reds go marching on!

• Praise 1

Aren't you guys happy Zlatan extending another season contract. Reports in Sweden suggest Ibrahimovic will stay @ United.

His agent Mino Raiola revealed in Manchester to finalise the details and Jose was pretty relaxed. 

• Praise 1

ManU 3 (Fellaini / Lingaard / Valencia - BorO 1

At long last, we 5th on the table (Arsenal lost). Goals by Fellaini from a pin-point pass for a header), Lingaard from long range and Valencia capitalizing from a howler when Valdes slipped from a back pass from his defender, to let Valencia get the ball back to tap-in in the final moments of the game. Rashford doesn't have the finishing touch when he was one-on-one with the goalie, same as last week's match against Chelsea. A top-4 finish is very possible, and the outcome of the next match where City meets Pool, will definitely help things along. GGMU!

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2