Manchester United 2016/17 - Special Again!

Vid

I'm realistic. That isn't going to happen.

Lol.. i know la.. my reply was becoz u said if we play on like this... our targets will be met mah..  [:p]

revised targets will be met tho.. shifting goal posts...  

personally.. regardless of how the season pans out... i still think mour did a good job... at least i enjoy watching us play again...  [thumbsup]

Edited by SuPerBoRed

Lol.. i know la.. my reply was becoz u said if we play on like this... our targets will be met mah..  [:p]

revised targets will be met tho.. shifting goal posts...  

personally.. regardless of how the season pans out... i still think mour did a good job... at least i enjoy watching us play again...  [thumbsup]

While I think he has done a great job so far, i wish he doesn't slate our players in the media. I feel all these can be settled internally.

• Praise 1

While I think he has done a great job so far, i wish he doesn't slate our players in the media. I feel all these can be settled internally.

I don't see him slating adnan, Schneiderlin .. my point is.. he wants u to improve.. he slates u... if he does not give a royal arse.. he jit tao ignore.. very Asian style this..

When he does not talk much anymore abt a certain player... I think I would be scared..

I am worried for martial...

• Praise 1

I don't see him slating adnan, Schneiderlin .. my point is.. he wants u to improve.. he slates u... if he does not give a royal arse.. he jit tao ignore.. very Asian style this..

When he does not talk much anymore abt a certain player... I think I would be scared..

I am worried for martial...

:o

Turbocharged

Glad to see the team play a faster tempo game without Zlatan.. and running the Chelsea team ragged.. 

• Praise 1

That's Mour Like It - captioned Skysports.

MU outfought and outplayed Chelski throughout and kept the ever animated and agitated Conte withdrawn and downcasted. Despite the so-called nail biting final minutes, Cheslki did not manage a single shot on target, the 1st in almost 10 years against MU.

If JM had continued to play 2 upfront  or the players (notable Jesse and the not so Young rugby style shooter) were more clinical in their finishes, we might avenge the 0-4 mauling earlier this season.

For the 1st time in many years, all the players (except maybe Ibra) gave their best performance. The much maligned and ungainly Fellani added steel and balance to the midfield, the much criticized Pogba distributed the balls much better than usual. Probably without needing to channel the ball mainly to Ibra, he was liberated and played more to his potential.

Even JM did all that were politically correct, bear hugged the substituted, point to his chest/Crest on the way to tunnel and gave credits to the players. I like his smirked smile while shaking Conte's hand.

Even the ever skeptical Souness could find no fault in this display. G Neville called it the best performance in years.

It might have come too late for the top 4 push, but continue with this form, we could have the likes of Ajax and Lyon for breakfast anytime.

Mourinho should have made such tactical changes in the games from time to time.

Then again, I am only a football fan. He is the manager and the boss. He knows best.

Once again, congrats to the team for the best performance of the season.

• Praise 1

Mourinho should have made such tactical changes in the games from time to time.

Then again, I am only a football fan. He is the manager and the boss. He knows best.

Once again, congrats to the team for the best performance of the season.

Definitely the best performance of the season so far... hope there'll be more such displays by the team. Interesting to see what Mourinho is going to do in terms of team selection for the Anderlecht game after this display. Clearly Ibra was "saved" for that game but now not sure if Mourinho should tamper with the team after everyone played so well.

Also, the final few games which had appeared to be a tough run-in now appears a little less daunting...and actually the fact that we still have to play some of the top teams actually means that we can also affect their chances of being in the Champion League spots....so fingers crossed... still would like to see Man U finish in the top 4.

• Praise 2

Got to be honest with some of you ( you don't have to agree with me ) , we need Zlatan against Burnley and City, no two ways about it, Why so ?

Manchester United used to blow hot and cold Since Moyes & LVG's era, the future of United is simply not one marvellous game and the next Stalemate. We can't accept it. Yes, Ander was pulling the string; getting instruction from Jose and passing down the information to his charges, nullifying Eden Hazard and M.Rojo did the dirty work on D Costa, which he pulled some stunt and almost got away. And I think Hazard is not the kind of dirty player who will bark back when touch at the slighest ( aka D.Costa ) touch, who fell like a ton of bricks :a-noway:  , a real jerk and arse-. Im sure Jose knew what type of player Eden was, and whom is the best player to man-marked Hazard on Sunday, cut off the engine and there won't be be any noise lor! [nod]

Edited by Meanmachine

ManU 2 (Mkhi, Rashford) - Anderlecht 1 (Aggregate @ 3-2) @ 2nd Leg of Europa League

A hard fought game and it took us the beginning of the 2nd half of extra time (107th minute) for Rashford to eventually make amends for the misses he made, especially when one-on-one with the goalie to beat in the 2nd half of normal time. We had plenty of chances to put the game to bed - with misses by Lingaard, Pogba against the top post (again), missed penalty against Ibra (who was replaced by Martial when he landed badly on his right foot) and ruled offside when we had the ball in the net.

Onward to the semis we go, but with Rojo (knee injury) and Ibra out for the next EPL match. GGMU! 

Edited by Locknload

Well done and great efforts by the boys despite being wasteful.

Let's continue to keep progressing.

The march to Champions League football next season.

A great but nervy match and all ended well.

Our dominance grew after Ibra who had an awful night went off. Except for the last 5 minutes, Anderlecht could barely reach MU's third.

Injury to Rojo is a blow. To Ibra, could be a blessing in disguise. He is still untouachable regardless of his performance. Who knows what happened if he had stayed on for the extra time. Though Martial was barely decent, his substitution allowed Rashford to move into centre and scored the vital goal.

Let's hope we get CV (perceived as weakest of 4 semi finalists) in this evening's draw

Let's hope we get CV (perceived as weakest of 4 semi finalists) in this evening's draw

According to the bookies, Ajax is the weakest with the longest odds to win the EL:

1. MU       : 21/20

2, Lyon     : 13/5

3. CV       :  6 /1

4. Ajax     :  7/1

May MU live up to its hot favorite billing.

• Praise 1

A great but nervy match and all ended well.

Our dominance grew after Ibra who had an awful night went off. Except for the last 5 minutes, Anderlecht could barely reach MU's third.

Injury to Rojo is a blow. To Ibra, could be a blessing in disguise. He is still untouachable regardless of his performance. Who knows what happened if he had stayed on for the extra time. Though Martial was barely decent, his substitution allowed Rashford to move into centre and scored the vital goal.

Rashford should have scored and put us ahead in the 68 minute when he has only the keeper to beat and saved us the agony of extra time. Zlatan's performance was poor last night, he looks really tired ans sorry to say that age is catching up.

When the master did not performed well, the disciple went on to finish the game with a killer goal, which I feel credits must be given to Jose for bringing on Fellaini, United needed height in the 6 yard box. Miki played to perfection,he was every where cutting his edge against the grass pitch while Pogba can only wonder why many goals eluded him !!! United has shown the hunger and glory in attacking, and I reckon Anderlecht players fought the game in scoring the equaliser. Credits to them too. :D

Fellaini did the hard knock-down to Zlatan and mostly for Rashford, who can played with both feet, which makes the difference, his left foot worth a million pound now, Devils lost two damn outstanding players decades ago ( Beckham and Ronaldo ) and Luke did fantastically well too pushing up the attacks. [thumbsup]

According to the bookies, Ajax is the weakest with the longest odds to win the EL:

1. MU       : 21/20

2, Lyon     : 13/5

3. CV       :  6 /1

4. Ajax     :  7/1

May MU live up to its hot favorite billing.

After the semi-final draw, MU & Ajax odds improve while those of CV and Lyon lengthens

1. MU    : 10/11

2. Lyon  : 14/5

3. Ajax   : 13/2

4, CV     : 15/2.

CV's odd lengthens cos it faces the hot favourites. But how CV (10th in La Liga and with little european history) could rank higher than Ajax (2nd in Durch League) b4 the draw remains a mystery to me.

↡ Advertisement