Manchester United 2016/17 - Special Again!

Vid

I think you are right. United is about swashbuckling all out attack.

Doesn't matter if win or lose but have the never say die attitude.  [thumbsup]

:D

Even though I know you is suan siao-ing us, i agree on the never say die attitude. Right now, they is playing like they bend down from the first whistle :yuush:

↡ Advertisement

I think you are right. United is about swashbuckling all out attack.

Doesn't matter if win or lose but have the never say die attitude. [thumbsup]

You and staff don't come here Ka jiao..Ka jiao..

Imo JM was right to prioritise getting into champion league above all else. That is the bread butter of man u. What is a champion league without man u and JM!

Go go..Man u...See yours in the champions league...

Hypersonic

Even though I know you is suan siao-ing us, i agree on the never say die attitude. Right now, they is playing like they bend down from the first whistle :yuush:

Actually I am not suan siao-ing lah.

It is in the history and style of a club.

United is about players like George

Best - a wizard with the ball. Some clubs

are about all out attack and entertainment.

This include clubs like West Ham, they are

not there to win 1 - 0 but to entertain.  [thumbsup]

i have a qn... if there is a slot for the winner of the europa cup... 

and we will get it even we are out of top 4...  

But ajax will get it becoz they are winners of dutch league.. 

so who gets that extra slot? or who has to give up that slot if we win? 

JM clearly threw the match with spurs away with his team selection. Tuanzebe is obviously no midfielder, neither does Bailly know how to wing back. Spurs players easily passed through or ran through the one paced Rooney, Mata and Carrick. With the exception of a few players the rest are playing for their futures next season. And i see no evidence that they are, or ever will be, good enough. Smalling and Jones will never have the guts or guile to be top class defenders. Lingard should consider a position change to wingback, he doesn't have the accuracy required to break down defences. There was some praise in the media for Martial but apart from that bit of skill to set up the sole goal, he made no effort to chasing down balls or holding it up. He was happier after being shifted back to the flank. I'm afraid beating his man 3-4 times and putting in thierry henry-like shots to the far post (and missing) are all that can be expected of him in a game. Herrera's importance to midfield cannot be overstated, Carrick was floundering before he came on.

(edited)

i have a qn... if there is a slot for the winner of the europa cup... 

and we will get it even we are out of top 4...  

But ajax will get it becoz they are winners of dutch league.. 

so who gets that extra slot? or who has to give up that slot if we win? 

The runners-up in EL gets nothing. Down to the last, the team with the highest coefficient will get a bye in the playoff.

Ajax did not win the league.

Nobody has to give up the slot in the group stage if we win it as long as the UCL winner this season also auto qualify from their respective league. Juve and Real, in fact Monaco also, auto-qualify.

If the UCL winner does not also auto-qualify, then EL winner goes to playoff.

Edited by Ngseeming
  • Praise 1

I am not sure if we can consider this season a success even if we win the EL.

Trophy wise, yes but performance wise :pissed-off: :pissed-off:

But it will allow us a better ground to build our team on. Just hope that the win (if we win) will not mask the weakness and total unbalance of the team and how the big players under perform for much of the season.

Twincharged

Actually I am not suan siao-ing lah.

It is in the history and style of a club.

United is about players like George

Best - a wizard with the ball. Some clubs

are about all out attack and entertainment.

This include clubs like West Ham, they are

not there to win 1 - 0 but to entertain. [thumbsup]

Why u so critical? Don't forget they are on the cusp of a treble. Liverpool has nothing. How I wish we are in Man U shoes like JM said.

And they had a 25 unbeaten run even with bad luck and so many injuries. I can't imagine what will happen if they had no injuries and good luck.. maybe Chelsea 15 points behind them

• Praise 3

JM reportedly is determined to do 2 things:

1. Offer DdG a new contract to resist overture from RM.

2. To play Romero in the EL final.

Sources say if DdG does not get top play in the final, he is likely to head for exit to RM.

Normally teams play 2nd choice GKs in cup games to give them game times and rest the 1st choices.

But now that all our 1st team members are rested for the do or die final, do you still want to play Romero?

Some say Romero deserves it as he "brings" MU into the final. Did he really? All by himself? Isn't team is above self?

JM is the Special One for a reason, but this is a damn if he does and also damn if he doesn't situation.

(edited)

According to its Financial Officer, MU would lose 50 mil if it loses to Ajax and out of UCL:

1. 21 mil from the penalty clause with Adidas for failing to qualify UCL twice (though it would be deducted in installments over the rest of the 10 year 750 mil contract)

2. 30 mil from the loss of income by being in EL instead UCL.

JM  will play the 2nd choice GK in the final, so technically not the best team available to him.

IF, the big IF, Romero stumbles and MU loses, will JM be held accountable, or will it be a honest mistake and move on?

Edited by Ngseeming
  • Praise 1

actually i quite happy with the football this season, of course lately the games are very frustrating and i give JM the benefit of doubt that the players are really exhausted and also injury issues. far better football than LVG definitely where we got only 1 shoot on goal in 90mis at home. the problem is really our goal shy forwards, as much as Ibra scores quite a lot but he misses a lot of big chances too. Sorry to say english league demand is too taxing for his aging body, i saw the way he injured his knees is like the body just too tired to control for a smoother landing on his feet and his whole weight jus collapse onto it. as for rashford, he reminds me of welbeck, fast runner but just cannot have the calmness or technique to finish off. can see a lot of his shoots are just whack towards goal and many resulted at shoots direct to the gk. we just have to see other team strikers and can see how they score and we can realise somethin is definitely amiss in terms of quality. whole season coming to an end yet to see improvement which gives me the question can rashford really improve on it, really feel that we need get 2 top class strikers to turn those home draws into wins next season. commanding centre back to partner bailly, solve the left back issue and we can look forward to next season.

• Praise 1

To be fair Rashford is only 19 and Martial 20

So either too young or too old 

When Ronaldo was at that age in Man U, remember so many laughed and said see, a one trick pony, tried so hard yet cannot get pass defenders. He hit top form only after 25/26 in RM

actually i quite happy with the football this season, of course lately the games are very frustrating and i give JM the benefit of doubt that the players are really exhausted and also injury issues. far better football than LVG definitely where we got only 1 shoot on goal in 90mis at home. the problem is really our goal shy forwards, as much as Ibra scores quite a lot but he misses a lot of big chances too. Sorry to say english league demand is too taxing for his aging body, i saw the way he injured his knees is like the body just too tired to control for a smoother landing on his feet and his whole weight jus collapse onto it. as for rashford, he reminds me of welbeck, fast runner but just cannot have the calmness or technique to finish off. can see a lot of his shoots are just whack towards goal and many resulted at shoots direct to the gk. we just have to see other team strikers and can see how they score and we can realise somethin is definitely amiss in terms of quality. whole season coming to an end yet to see improvement which gives me the question can rashford really improve on it, really feel that we need get 2 top class strikers to turn those home draws into wins next season. commanding centre back to partner bailly, solve the left back issue and we can look forward to next season.

• Praise 2

ManU 0 - Sou 0 (Away)

More of possession by Southampton and they missed a penalty, adjudged wrongly by Ref Mike Dean on Bailly's handball which was outside the penalty area. Romero judged correctly and blocked it on his right. It was good to see Rooney reading the game well and providing incisive passes, with the only good chance by Bailly. Half-time score was 0-0.

Again, Sotong had the better of the 2nd half and more corners from chances taken, with Jones at the heart of defence. Both Rooney and especially Rashford, who at the 71st minute hit the far left post were the only attempts at goal. Poor in mid-field and bereft of good finishers are the bane of the Red Devils this season and the bright spark is that Romero (MOTM) can be a good sub for De Gea if he decides to leave.

Watched highlights of the final game last night...

half the team not sure who they are! : (

But managed to beat Crystal Palace which is a bonus!

the young ones showed more determine with blend of the senior one...

But the JM did not appear on the round of appreciation for the last game to the fans.

not fair to the fans who stayed late...

EUROPA LEAGUE FINALS (Stockholm)

ManU 2 (Pogba, Mkhi) -  Ajax 0

Possession and passes belonged to the young Ajax players but the experience of the Red Devils shone through. Mkhi was courting trouble early in the game and got a unnecessary yellow for needless tackles after being warned by the ref. From an Ajax throw-in, Pogba rammed home the 1st goal off a deflection from their defender in the 18th minute.

The 2nd goal just 3 mins from the start of the 2nd half by Mkhi (after not having scored from a corner for a long while) sealed the match, with us parking the bus till the end. The 2 Cups have shown the naysayers that good game management, exhausting matches coupled with experience have paid off. What the Glory!