Opel Astra 2016

ki_chiu

I raised the issues to AG before.. but either they say they cannot hear it or say normal rattle is normal in astra.. so i give up and did not bother again since nothing major..

Rattles are not covered under warranty. I asked liao

(edited)

Talk nicely first, am sure they will help. Say "Please help me with ....." instead of "I'm very disappointed......".

Edited by Kangadrool
  • Praise 1

Been giving a bit of thought .. it's quite unfair if the local rep feels that way and doesn't cover rattles.

So are they saying that their product inherently has QC issues and any buyer has to suck it up?

Caveat emptor ..

Let's be realistic here: The Astra isn't perfect.

Our cars come here without a lot of accessories (features) to keep OMV low so a lot of it is locally fitted and outsourced to different local companies.

Even the IU has to be fitted and maybe the dashboard is removed to do the wiring.... Some plastic panels also has to be removed to wire the front and rear in car camera, for example.

The reverse camera is also fitted locally too...

In 1994, I even had to tighten the driver's seat of my made-in-Japan car myself because they fitted the leather seats locally and did not tighten the seat properly- there was creaking sound when i went over bumpy roads.

So to say that the built quality of the Astra from the factory is no good is subjective here.

If you want perfect, then buy a Lexus....Or maybe an E or S class.

For the price you pay... I should say OK LAH.... I buy the car for the performance, handling and ride and the best bang for your buck!

Of course, the Levorg, Legacy or Civic 1.5 Turbo was high on my list but the price was almost $18K more...Insurance also cost more and maintenance costs after 3 years will also cost a bomb. I also do not like a CVT... Well, not yet.

If you want a car to fetch you from point A to point B and trouble free, then buy a Corolla Altis or Vios. Even the Vezel has been plagued by a recall exercise.

Just my opinion.

• Praise 5

(edited)

To be fair to him.. he is half right.. can hear squeaks only when you pressed on the trims.. dashboard.. door handles.. rattles can be heard when travelling on rough roads... some soft rattles can be heard on normal road.. i need to wind down the window slightly to get rid of the noise.. don't know why..

I'm not saying he's wrong

Name a car without such issues below $110k for 1.4, and below $95k for the 1.0 power band

Mazda 3 1.5, MIJ, took around 2 yrs to fix their clunking. Rough idling not sure fixed or not.

Vezel , now a 1-second car, also got recall. Got fire.

Edited by Johnny86

Yeah really hard to find a car packed with these features n yet below 100k. Any bro tried the forward collison thingy? Does it really stop in time? And auto parking, accurate?

The Astra is equipped with Collision Alert but not Active Emergency Braking. It will not stop by itself.

That means if the collision alert is flashed on your windscreen (Series of Red LEDs), it will prep the brakes and radio will be softer. The brakes will be more sensitive.

The car will not park by itself either. Only the sensors will beep.

These are not available for SG market.

Yeah really hard to find a car packed with these features n yet below 100k. Any bro tried the forward collison thingy? Does it really stop in time? And auto parking, accurate?

Forward collision system only alerts you with red LEDs lighting up on your windscreen. It preps the brake in advance so that when you step on the brakes a full pressure can be immediately applied with minimal pedal travel distance. It doesn't stop the car for you.

Came out a few times when I drove and can be quite useful especially for drivers who are not so alert on the roads.

Auto Parking package is not available locally.

Any bros here got lobang to shark fin antenna?

Europe all the Opel comes stock with shark fins.

Not all Astra in Europe have shark fin antenna, seems only the top model 1.6T will have shark fin antenna.

I saw the shark fin antenna in Autobac Japan, but Singapore Autobac do not carry it. I bought one short antenna in Autobac Ubi, just $10 and  works same as original long one.

By the way, let me share some of my experience on taking care of the car:

1) Buy good quality sponge and car wash detergent.

2) Dry the car body and windows with AutoGlym Aqua Dry synthetic Chamois Leather. this will leave no water mark on body and windows.

Although it is quite expensive, but its high performance and long lasting(I have been using the same piece for over 10 years).

3) Polish or deep clean the windscreen with Soft99 Glass compound. The windscreen cleaned by this compound will let the wiper sweep smoothly and last longer.

4) For cleaning the soprt wheel, go Daiso buy the bottle cleaning spong(with handle), just $2 and the sponge can be replaced, no need to buy expensive brush.

I any friend have better idea, please share:-)

Hi William1997 - wah u seems to be expert on self wash Astra... lets organize a car wash session.. learn some tips from you!!!

I havent collect my car though haha, estimated Mid July.

(edited)

Let's be realistic here: The Astra isn't perfect.

Our cars come here without a lot of accessories (features) to keep OMV low so a lot of it is locally fitted and outsourced to different local companies.

Even the IU has to be fitted and maybe the dashboard is removed to do the wiring.... Some plastic panels also has to be removed to wire the front and rear in car camera, for example.

The reverse camera is also fitted locally too...

In 1994, I even had to tighten the driver's seat of my made-in-Japan car myself because they fitted the leather seats locally and did not tighten the seat properly- there was creaking sound when i went over bumpy roads.

So to say that the built quality of the Astra from the factory is no good is subjective here.

If you want perfect, then buy a Lexus....Or maybe an E or S class.

For the price you pay... I should say OK LAH.... I buy the car for the performance, handling and ride and the best bang for your buck!

Of course, the Levorg, Legacy or Civic 1.5 Turbo was high on my list but the price was almost $18K more...Insurance also cost more and maintenance costs after 3 years will also cost a bomb. I also do not like a CVT... Well, not yet.

If you want a car to fetch you from point A to point B and trouble free, then buy a Corolla Altis or Vios. Even the Vezel has been plagued by a recall exercise.

Just my opinion.

Haha.. lexus.. E or S class.. different class of cars.. can't compare... think if pple can afford that won't be looking at astra at all...

Sad to say... it is disappointing to see a good car that is being damaged by poor local workmanship..

Forward collision system only alerts you with red LEDs lighting up on your windscreen. It preps the brake in advance so that when you step on the brakes a full pressure can be immediately applied with minimal pedal travel distance. It doesn't stop the car for you.

Came out a few times when I drove and can be quite useful especially for drivers who are not so alert on the roads.

did our Manual says it will auto brake if speed is within certain range? Or it does not apply to local model at all. Edited by Spinball

Thought someone just posted that his astra k has auto parking features recently? So should be available but maybe as options..

Hi William1997 - wah u seems to be expert on self wash Astra... lets organize a car wash session.. learn some tips from you!!!

I havent collect my car though haha, estimated Mid July.

Hi Digthis1,

Not a washing expert la…, but I wash my car since 23 years ago! My working place have own carpark and water source, so I can wash my car anytime.

My first car is Starlet then Mazda 121 then Volvo S70 then Volvo S80 then Nissan Cefiro then Grand Vitara then Camry then Citroen and now Opel Astra. I even spray the whole Mazda 121 by myself! Recently my company(my working company) relocated to the building with share carpark, I still keep washing car every week. But no more spray paint works!

Among all cars I driven, each one has its defects, Starlet have brake issue, Mazda have starter and steering issue, Volvo rubber parts melt and sticky, Cefiro MPU changed 2 times, Grand Vitara brake booster noisy, Camry engine top cover corroded, Citroen parking brake jam…

So take it easy for minor issue on any car any brand, enjoy all the features that comes with the car, enjoy the ride and don’t compare with other brand, if keep thinking of perfect, no car will be accepted!

Worth to wait for your new car, July is coming

post-179502-0-83675800-1498489593_thumb.jpg

post-179502-0-37349200-1498489594_thumb.jpg

• Praise 2

Not all Astra in Europe have shark fin antenna, seems only the top model 1.6T will have shark fin antenna.

I saw the shark fin antenna in Autobac Japan, but Singapore Autobac do not carry it. I bought one short antenna in Autobac Ubi, just $10 and works same as original long one.

By the way, let me share some of my experience on taking care of the car:

1) Buy good quality sponge and car wash detergent.

2) Dry the car body and windows with AutoGlym Aqua Dry synthetic Chamois Leather. this will leave no water mark on body and windows.

Although it is quite expensive, but its high performance and long lasting(I have been using the same piece for over 10 years).

3) Polish or deep clean the windscreen with Soft99 Glass compound. The windscreen cleaned by this compound will let the wiper sweep smoothly and last longer.

4) For cleaning the soprt wheel, go Daiso buy the bottle cleaning spong(with handle), just $2 and the sponge can be replaced, no need to buy expensive brush.

I any friend have better idea, please share:-)

What is your polish and shampoo?
↡ Advertisement