Opel Astra 2016

ki_chiu

This is really good!! I have bookmarked this page for me to go explore and try out when I feel less disheartened..... If all this was posted here two months back I probably would be in a Honda group right now....   [laugh] Like Friendstar mentioned, even a Hyundai or Kia may do better, I mean its a sparkling BRAND NEW car and there's all this flexing noises when going over humps? I feel embarrassed when I fetch my friends sometimes  [:(]  

By the way, I complained about my flexing/creaking/dunnowhat noises during 1k inspection. They only lubricated all the door rubber seals for me, I think it kind of helped initially. 2 weeks later now, the noises are more or less back.. guess I have to do the lubrication myself regularly   :mellow:

Yea the design of the door panels abit under designed as I spotted the bottom they use double sided tape to tape the plastic panel to the door. But the quality of the materials does compensate abit. The creaking noises from the rear seats though don't think can blame the manufacturing side as they are most likely fitted locally. 

The latest version of Waze released on Google Play works with Android Auto. So you can choose to have Google Maps or Waze as your navigation software on Android Auto. This is good news to those who prefers Waze over Google Maps, though not me. [:p]

Download it now!

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.waze

Strange thing is that the latest waze does not work on my phone AA.. i have downgrade to older version then can work... not sure why..

Collected my ride today, drive feel is good powerful than my previous ride. But found the same scratch at the right rear door seal rubber.

Heard many noise while drove back home, gear shift noise...aircon high pitch noise...even some noise when turning either left or right....sigh

Go for a late night drive, along a quiet stretch of minor road, with interspersed speed humps or strips.

Turn off all infotainment.

Listen to the cacophony of squeaks and creaks ... surround sound guaranteed!

Collected my ride today, drive feel is good powerful than my previous ride. But found the same scratch at the right rear door seal rubber.

Heard many noise while drove back home, gear shift noise...aircon high pitch noise...even some noise when turning either left or right....sigh

Understand how you feel.. that's my feeling at first.. starting you feel great because of the powerful ride.. but at the same time felt disappointed because of all these electronic.. noise issues... and not up to expectation.. rest assured.. after few months.. you will feel numb and used to all these issues.. :) maybe after few years.. got reason for you to start looking for new car.. not bad afterall..

Go for a late night drive, along a quiet stretch of minor road, with interspersed speed humps or strips.

Turn off all infotainment.

Listen to the cacophony of squeaks and creaks ... surround sound guaranteed!

Then can you tell us WHAT CAR IS GOOD THEN?

I don't have a problem with mine except for the occasional "rattle" on very bumpy roads....

In fact all the cars that I bought brand new have some "rattle", all not perfect.

You driving Mercedes? Then why come to this thread to criticize? This is not the first time that you said this.

You come here to "Hao Lian" and belittle us.

K3. Elantra. Altis. Jazz etc no such rattle problem.

Hi guys...1K servicing - eye-power by mechanic - takes how long huh? hehehehe - tomorrow going in the morning.

Dunwan to nuah too long there in the coffee area...

(edited)

Hi guys...1K servicing - eye-power by mechanic - takes how long huh? hehehehe - tomorrow going in the morning.

Dunwan to nuah too long there in the coffee area...

Mine was around 2 hours, depending on their workload.

Wah so good ah!

Anyway, all this cars no match for the 1.4 Turbo. I buy for the performance, NCAP safety and other features that those cars don't have.

So all potential buyers reading this thread can go for those.

Like I said, the rattling sound in mine is hardly noticeable except on very bumpy roads and it's only for the rear door near the speaker area. In fact, I hardly hear it until my son highlighted it to me. I had to strain my ears with the radio off to listen carefully when I drove on the bumpy road.

Edited by Teo2000

I have to emphasise again for the price is probably worth it. 一分钱一分货 and I don't see a Jazz,K3 or Elentra at the same price point with 1.0T or even higher having as much features as the Astra. The other competitive vehicle with the 1.4T Astra is probably the 1.4Tsi Golf which is almost 12k more if comparing performance. Again, my guide cost less than $10 and less than 15mins to do up so is it really a big fuss? Hardly think so. 

For those who just collected their car just enjoy the drive. No point getting all upset thinking of all these minor "defects" right from the start. Who knows it might not even affect you after a while.

And "good" is purely subjective.

Mine was around 2 hours, depending on their workload.

Wah so good ah!

Anyway, all this cars no match for the 1.4 Turbo. I buy for the performance, NCAP safety and other features that those cars don't have.

So all potential buyers reading this thread can go for those.

Like I said, the rattling sound in mine is hardly noticeable except on very bumpy roads and it's only for the rear door near the speaker area. In fact, I hardly hear it until my son highlighted it to me. I had to strain my ears with the radio off to listen carefully when I drove on the bumpy road.

Yea hardly a comparison with those cars. And I have to agree the rattling is hardly noticeable when the radio is on.

I have to emphasise again for the price is probably worth it. 一分钱一分货 and I don't see a Jazz,K3 or Elentra at the same price point with 1.0T or even higher having as much features as the Astra. The other competitive vehicle with the 1.4T Astra is probably the 1.4Tsi Golf which is almost 12k more if comparing performance. Again, my guide cost less than $10 and less than 15mins to do up so is it really a big fuss? Hardly think so. 

For those who just collected their car just enjoy the drive. No point getting all upset thinking of all these minor "defects" right from the start. Who knows it might not even affect you after a while.

Yea hardly a comparison with those cars. And I have to agree the rattling is hardly noticeable when the radio is on.

Very well said. My sentiments too.

All the cars I wanted was at least around $20K more. For the price you pay, I cannot complain.

I was looking at Mazda 6 2.5 and Legacy 2.5. Wife said why you need such a big car? Pay more road tax, more insurance and drinks more petrol too. Parking lots here also damn small.

Subaru Levorg and Civic 1.5 Turbo also about $15K to $20 more. Levorg still drinks more petrol, insurance and maintenance wise quite high too. I cannot sleep peacefully in Malaysia when I drive a Civic in Malaysia- This car is a magnet for thieves.

I have to emphasise again for the price is probably worth it. ä¸åé±ä¸åè´§ and I don't see a Jazz,K3 or Elentra at the same price point with 1.0T or even higher having as much features as the Astra. The other competitive vehicle with the 1.4T Astra is probably the 1.4Tsi Golf which is almost 12k more if comparing performance. Again, my guide cost less than $10 and less than 15mins to do up so is it really a big fuss? Hardly think so.

It is human nature to get upset or disappointed.. but after a while.. you will get over it.. as long as it don't get break down in the middle of road or stuck at workshop for long repair is good enough...

Very well said. My sentiments too.

All the cars I wanted was at least around $20K more. For the price you pay, I cannot complain.

I was looking at Mazda 6 2.5 and Legacy 2.5. Wife said why you need such a big car? Pay more road tax, more insurance and drinks more petrol too. Parking lots here also damn small.

Subaru Levorg and Civic 1.5 Turbo also about $15K to $20 more. Levorg still drinks more petrol, insurance and maintenance wise quite high too. I cannot sleep peacefully in Malaysia when I drive a Civic in Malaysia- This car is a magnet for thieves.

Subaru Levorg not much features and too expensive.. not worth it.. but drive is good..

(edited)

I don't have a problem with mine except for the occasional "rattle" on very bumpy roads....

In fact all the cars that I bought brand new have some "rattle", all not perfect.

You driving Mercedes? Then why come to this thread to criticize? This is not the first time that you said this.

Relax.. don't have to upset or agitated when people criticised our car... we are here share our experiences and tips so that existing owners can learn from each other.. especially on diy..fixes.. care.. for potential buyers.. they can learn more from existing owners.. but again.. they have to judge themselves if these info here are useful for them.. there are some who are die hard opel supporters.. and die die must say only good things about opel cars and always say car got no issues at all.. there are some who are die hard opel haters.. only keep criticizing..

Agreed.. these car don't have rattles problem at all for first few years.. but they don't have turbo version here.. Edited by Spinball
  • Praise 1

Chill bro, the Ignore button is God's gift to us..

A public forum has many personalities. No need to feed the person, and feel bad or defensive..

Enjoy the ride, and take it out to the NSH, and have some Yong Tau Foo at Yean Yuan Yong Peng :)

Makan until shiok shiok, then come back, all without having to use even half a tank!

• Praise 2

(edited)

I do realise that wisdom doesn't come with age, nor that class comes with wealth.

Or maybe we just got an old broke wanker around here

Edited by Johnny86

Chill bro, the Ignore button is God's gift to us..

A public forum has many personalities. No need to feed the person, and feel bad or defensive..

Enjoy the ride, and take it out to the NSH, and have some Yong Tau Foo at Yean Yuan Yong Peng :)

Makan until shiok shiok, then come back, all without having to use even half a tank!

Bro, I feel not entirely right to be defensive also...we should acknowledge both good and bad points and work on resolving the bad ones

A fact is a fact, let potential buyers make informed decision and expect the outcome

There will always be a better, faster car.

It is human nature to get upset or disappointed.. but after a while.. you will get over it.. as long as it don't get break down in the middle of road or stuck at workshop for long repair is good enough...

Subaru Levorg not much features and too expensive.. not worth it.. but drive is good..

Actually once u start listening to music, most sounds are automatically gone.

Just hope those sounds aren't mechanical weaknesses that may develop into something bigger or cause premature wear.

• Praise 1

is the rattle sound only audible when radio is off?

or am I having such low expectation due to my previous cars being kia rio, latio, legacy.

↡ Advertisement