Magnifying glass
  • Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
2432 replies to this topic | 3,961 praises

Posted 18 September 2017 - 08:20 PM

therock
  • therock
    Turbocharged
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Anyone book the 1.0HB at $84,888 with guaranteed COE?

Was very tempted to book this model yesterday as I saw the price has dropped $12k since launched last June. This pricing suppose to be the lowest due to the $36k COE. I was thinking that the COE will likely to shoot up due to backlog orders over last 2 weekends and come Jan 18, the removal of CEVS rebates will make most cars to be more expensive. Even if COE plunge to 30k, the overall car price will still be higher I suppose.

What is holding me back now is my current 3 months old ride and to buy Astra means I will have to let go my current ride at a loss of at least $10k. But my maths sum is telling me that the price reduction of $12k for the Astra vs the loss of $10k of current ride maybe reasonable to commit this buy now. Doing my sum again and I have till 20 Sep to seal the deal at $84,888 with guaranteed COE.

Wish me luck 

Unless there's a really good reason - say you hate your current ride, why change at such a loss?

What car do you drive now?

Posted 18 September 2017 - 09:05 PM

JasonPara
  • JasonPara
    Neutral Newbie
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Better stay with ur current car... u might be disappointed with Opel after sale services and warranty
2 Anonymous members praised this

Posted 18 September 2017 - 09:16 PM

Vios73
  • Premium member
    Vios73
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

Unless there's a really good reason - say you hate your current ride, why change at such a loss?

What car do you drive now?

Not really hate my current ride - Mitsubishi Attrage. It is just that the Astra is now too attractively priced and moving forward, I don't think this price will appear again unless the COE goes south further; which is not possible at least for the next few biddings. Come 2018, COE might move south but overall car price will be higher. For example, the Astra 1.0 will loss its CEVS rebate totally and that means 15k more to the selling price. Will COE drop another 15k to compensate for the increase in price? I don't think so hor...  

1 Anonymous member praised this

Posted 18 September 2017 - 09:23 PM

Vios73
  • Premium member
    Vios73
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

U buy new car then now wanna change?

Not changing yet but just thinking and sharing my crave over Astra here.... :a-m1212: 

Johnny86 praised this

Posted 18 September 2017 - 09:34 PM

therock
  • therock
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

Not changing yet but just thinking and sharing my crave over Astra here.... :a-m1212:

At that price range you have quite a few choices..
Kia3, Honda jazz, etc
Make sure you understand what you want bro..

Posted 18 September 2017 - 10:22 PM

Johnny86
  • Premium member
    Johnny86
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

Astra is quite an upgrade over the attrage. Get it with servicing package and it should be good to go

Elantra is a good competitor at similar price range. Just less technology.

K3 may be priced as such but their T&C alot. Also loan terms not as favourable.

Edited by Johnny86, 18 September 2017 - 10:24 PM.

1 Anonymous member praised this

Posted 18 September 2017 - 10:34 PM

Friendstar
  • Friendstar
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Not really hate my current ride - Mitsubishi Attrage. It is just that the Astra is now too attractively priced and moving forward, I don't think this price will appear again unless the COE goes south further; which is not possible at least for the next few biddings. Come 2018, COE might move south but overall car price will be higher. For example, the Astra 1.0 will loss its CEVS rebate totally and that means 15k more to the selling price. Will COE drop another 15k to compensate for the increase in price? I don't think so hor...

Keep the attrage la
merc280v6 praised this

Posted 18 September 2017 - 10:41 PM

merc280v6
  • merc280v6
    5th Gear
    Author Image

In terms of overall, long term reliability and maintaining your sanity, I'd rather you keep the Attrage (at least for 3-5 years, to mitigate the hit you'd take on front-end depreciation) ... albeit it's general lacking in applied technology and deemed design 'sophistication'.

Trust me. 😉

Posted 18 September 2017 - 11:58 PM

Felipe
  • Felipe
    Supercharged
    Author Image

u don't have to buy new. let the Astra used price slide. if u worry about repairs, when u buy new, the dealer already priced in above the possible repairs anyway. 

im an 8 year Alfa owner. i sure as hell know what it means to spend on repairs. and let me tell u, the warranty is crap. cos the expensive breakdowns all happen after warranty!

merc280v6 praised this

Posted 19 September 2017 - 09:48 AM

walkofwinners
  • Premium member
    walkofwinners
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

Yeah man keeping attrage makes more sense. Lower depre and low maintenance. Parts are easy to find.

Astra is definitely a good looking car without doubt for the pricing. Only issues are the reliability and nitty witty problems. If you can see beyond there for a fun drive then go for it. Just be prepared but you might also be lucky and have a problem free drive.

Posted 19 September 2017 - 03:49 PM

Tkew
  • Premium member
    Tkew
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

Was very tempted to book this model yesterday as I saw the price has dropped $12k since launched last June. This pricing suppose to be the lowest due to the $36k COE. I was thinking that the COE will likely to shoot up due to backlog orders over last 2 weekends and come Jan 18, the removal of CEVS rebates will make most cars to be more expensive. Even if COE plunge to 30k, the overall car price will still be higher I suppose.

What is holding me back now is my current 3 months old ride and to buy Astra means I will have to let go my current ride at a loss of at least $10k. But my maths sum is telling me that the price reduction of $12k for the Astra vs the loss of $10k of current ride maybe reasonable to commit this buy now. Doing my sum again and I have till 20 Sep to seal the deal at $84,888 with guaranteed COE.

Wish me luck 

For you to consider letting go of your 3 months old car, it means you probably did not do your homework well. So will Astra be another regret? Especially with the MTA transmission of the 1.0?

Having said that, you are right with the price reduction due to the low COE it might worth the switch.

1. If you really hate your ride now, then it is likely that you will not drive till the end of the COE, which means you will sell at some point, the question is when is the right time. You definitely should sell it before the 5 years is up otherwise you lose out on your ARF.

2. I believe your COE should be about $45k, which means every year of driving you lose $4.5k of the COE, with the current COE you can save at least $1k per year. Something to consider as well.

Just a thought. :)

Lok666 and merc280v6 praised this
Astra ST 1.4T

Posted 19 September 2017 - 06:27 PM

merc280v6
  • merc280v6
    5th Gear
    Author Image

For you to consider letting go of your 3 months old car, it means you probably did not do your homework well. So will Astra be another regret? Especially with the MTA transmission of the 1.0?

Having said that, you are right with the price reduction due to the low COE it might worth the switch.
1. If you really hate your ride now, then it is likely that you will not drive till the end of the COE, which means you will sell at some point, the question is when is the right time. You definitely should sell it before the 5 years is up otherwise you lose out on your ARF.
2. I believe your COE should be about $45k, which means every year of driving you lose $4.5k of the COE, with the current COE you can save at least $1k per year. Something to consider as well.

Just a thought. :)

The Astra 1.0's MTA will probably be regretted after a couple of years ... LPPL ... from the frying pan, into the fire?

😂😂😂

Posted Yesterday, 07:35 PM

Daryldevil
  • Daryldevil
    Clutched
    Author Image

Wish me luck

Yr current ride having problems?

Back to Conti Talk  ·  Car Brands Top Reply to this topic

Related user reviews on sgCarMart.com

Opel Astra Sports Tourer

Opel Astra Sports Tourer  |  Rating   Submit Review

Reviewed by Larcano  |  Neutral Newbie

Most Value for Money Estate

When I first saw the price of the car on Facebook ad, it looked too good to be true. Its standard features were only available to premium models of other makes. Nonetheless I went to Opel's showroom to check it out, and also called my dad alo... » Read More

Opel Astra Sports Tourer

Opel Astra Sports Tourer  |  Rating   Submit Review

Reviewed by eric_shen  |  Neutral Newbie

Got all features that you would like

1.4 T is fair powerful, of course not as powerful as the 2.0 T I drive before. But good enough for city driving. 1.0 T actually also good enough for Singapore city driving, it is more powerful than most of the 1.6L even 1.8L engines. This... » Read More

Related New Cars search on sgCarMart.com : opel astra

Quick Reply

Tags: opel, opelcar of the year 2016 and 5 more...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users