Opel Astra 2016

ki_chiu

So ok can I drive off in M mode - then when reach Gear M3 - I push to Auto straight away can?

Will it damage Gearbox?

I believe wont. When cruising just shift to D. If urban driving mostly keep in M , drive like u drive a manual! Haha
↡ Advertisement

2nd day driving of my Astra ST, it's getting noisier but like of bros here said, I should look the bright side of the car. Overall it's a good car don't let some small issues affect my passion for this car. Tomorrow will NSH test car hope there won't be any other issue arise then.

2nd day driving of my Astra ST, it's getting noisier but like of bros here said, I should look the bright side of the car. Overall it's a good car don't let some small issues affect my passion for this car. Tomorrow will NSH test car hope there won't be any other issue arise then.

3nd day nsh liao ah, nv run in?
  • Praise 1

My previous car is a Avante and driven for 7 good years since new.... super fuel saving... No rattles until the 7th year where the passenger door started to have rattles... no break down or major repair... except one minor repair when the steering wheel got noise when turning at the 5th year due to some to rubber mounting worn off...  of course, no electronics problem as Avante is just a plain day-day car without much fancy features... 

Having this new ASTRA 1.4T HB for more half a year, initially have high expectation since not only it is German engineered, but also comes with newer and advanced technology..  Disappointment started to kick in after a few weeks...  rattle noises started and is audible even with radio is on... Electronics (auto headlight... auto wipers... radio) started to have weird behaviors and sometimes not functioning.. interior built is not up to expectation... noise when depress and release accelerator... to make things worst... incompetent AG workshop... However, something to compensate all these problems... Astra K 1.4T HB is cheap.. affordable.. low loan interest rate and is a powerful ride with fast acceleration to change lane and overtake if you choose the turbo version... 

I would advise new buyer to lower their expectation to avoid disappointment... that's my personal view...

Wah... I didn't know you had so much problems with your car.

Mine was pretty good except for one time that the alarm went off due to a WRX exhaust....AG reset it and so far so good.... The computer in the car is learning.

I don't think the sound is normal. Go back AG and tell them.

There might be several lemons around as Most owners did not report such noise. I know I will if there are noises in my brand new car.

Wah... I didn't know you had so much problems with your car.

Mine was pretty good except for one time that the alarm went off due to a WRX exhaust....AG reset it and so far so good.... The computer in the car is learning.

I suspect he got a lemon. If mine had such issues also I will go crazy.

not sure what is the problem... some 1.4T HB owners are experiencing this problem... while some don't experience that.. So we are suspecting some problem with our gearbox...

Seem like the 1.0 litre MTA don't have this noise.

No wonder I keep thinking what noise you guys mentioning. Is johnny also 1.4?

Noise from where? 1.0 or 1.4?

1.4T should not have any noise. On hot days, Occasionally  the aircon might have a high pitch sound for a few seconds from the engine compartment but I was told it is normal because the gas is "R1234" or something like that.

I "chiong" up the NSH when the mileage was 2500 km plus......After I got used to driving the car to know its handling.

Well, it was damn "shiok". Got a lot of "stares" from Malaysian drivers too as they want to take a closer look..

Noise from where? 1.0 or 1.4?

1.4T should not have any noise. On hot days, Occasionally the aircon might have a high pitch sound for a few seconds from the engine compartment but I was told it is normal because the gas is "R1234" or something like that.

I "chiong" up the NSH when the mileage was 2500 km plus......After I got used to driving the car to know its handling.

Well, it was damn "shiok". Got a lot of "stares" from Malaysian drivers too as they want to take a closer look..

Mine is 1.0 ST. Creaking sound is obviously from the doors, especially when moving on a rougher road. Air con high pitch sound also have but think didn't notice it after speeding up. Another one is whenever I turn the steering, there is a noticeable high pitch sound from steering. Not sure all these are common or normal or not...but definitely didn't happen when driving test drive car...damn I bought a lemon car!?

Don't know want to wait until 1k then send in for checking or send in AG tomorrow...but I reckon I will find more flaws before 1k service...

Neutral Newbie

Mine is 1.0 ST. Creaking sound is obviously from the doors, especially when moving on a rougher road. Air con high pitch sound also have but think didn't notice it after speeding up. Another one is whenever I turn the steering, there is a noticeable high pitch sound from steering. Not sure all these are common or normal or not...but definitely didn't happen when driving test drive car...damn I bought a lemon car!?

Don't know want to wait until 1k then send in for checking or send in AG tomorrow...but I reckon I will find more flaws before 1k service...

Hi Sam, I had been driving a 1.0 ST since Jan. Did not encountered sound from the steering, certainly not common. Tell the SA about your issue.

• Praise 1

Hi Sam, I had been driving a 1.0 ST since Jan. Did not encountered sound from the steering, certainly not common. Tell the SA about your issue.

Thanks bro. How about other issue I mentioned, happen to your too? I think I will send car back to AG for rectification...
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1