Opel Astra 2016

ki_chiu

I think he have a quite good impressions on Korean car.

Me too.

But doesn't give me the right to go around trolling without proper info.

I also can claim my helicopter making too much noise

7mio sole winner can liao... tonite hopefully me!!!! [thumbsup][thumbsup]

Sorry bro, I buying later....thank you for ur contribution :p
↡ Advertisement

1 Sole Winner haha - the lucky fella! Upper Serangoon area outlet!

Oh Johnny - wheres yr Steering Rack ... Vessel reached AG port yet?

No sound no picture.

Neutral Newbie

intellilux not really necessary especially in Singapore roads.

yah, seem there are sound issues for owners of the 1.4 when changing gear or free play. I would assume the numbers for this is quite a lot as there are also quite a lot of comments in the opel facebook group for this issue.

there are no such sound for owners of the 1.0 as we are using different transmission.

there are some who complained of rattling sound but the numbers seem quite low.

less than 10 if we are taking reference from the opel facebook group, correct me if I am wrong.

there are also complains on the suspension when going over hump, again the number seem low at the moment.

again less than 10 if we are taking reference from the facebook group, again correct me if I am wrong.

there are some who complained about the MTA gearbox of the 1.0 as they just can't get the hang of it no matter how they drive.

very important, be comfortable with the MTA when test driving. DO NOT assume you will get used to it.

When test driving the MTA its all flat roads hence quite hard to fully understand the quirks of the transmission.

Once you get your own 1.0 and arrive at an incline thats where people start to have buyers remorse haha

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

For slopes - put to Manual Trans - clear it - climb to 4th Gear liao - then switch to D mode. Works for me :)

If in abit of hurry - put to MT mode

Do you have issues slowing down on a slope, whenever its coming to a creep on a slope I get 1 - 3 loud bangs and its embarrassing. Be it in M or D.

Hi guys. Any issues with parallel parking on slopes for the 1.0 version? I'm planning to get the ST 1.0 but my area has quite a number of parallel parking lots on slopes.

Hi Jlins, mine is 1.0 ST - so far no such sounds when slowling down on slopes.

But but - if on D mode, when approaching car park gantry slowing down, the gear shift sometimes will jerk! A few times - not all the time if you approach  the gantry in super slow mode haha.

Try Manual - if yours still have issues - do drive down to AG and check.

Hi guys. Any issues with parallel parking on slopes for the 1.0 version? I'm planning to get the ST 1.0 but my area has quite a number of parallel parking lots on slopes.

If the slope is quite steep, driver needs to be a bit more skilled.  How the MTA works is by "clutching in" when the brake pedal is depressed and "clutching out" when brake pedal is released so you will not get the effect of regular auto transmission where you can get some engine power to the wheels while still modulating the brake pedal.  You should request your SE to let you try, the Ubi showroom has some slopes to try on.

Do you have issues slowing down on a slope, whenever its coming to a creep on a slope I get 1 - 3 loud bangs and its embarrassing. Be it in M or D.

Downshifting is probably one of the biggest bugbears of the MTA...   [:p]  Sometimes best to anticipate and use manual downshift.  On carpark slopes, can use manual to "hold" the gear in M1 or M2.  

Edited by Stocker

Wah Loud Bangs!

Anyone considering to buy 1L Astra soon?

quite a few on the astra facebook, you can join to see real comments on the car from real astra car owners.

When test driving the MTA its all flat roads hence quite hard to fully understand the quirks of the transmission.

Once you get your own 1.0 and arrive at an incline thats where people start to have buyers remorse haha

like I say before, I am driving on manual mode only so no issue whatever

As requested by bros in fb groups, here is the post. 

It's been ONE MONTH and I'm still pending updates(regarding my car's issues) from SE and PDI who were not responsive/uncontactable. Totally disappointed with AG service !!!

Car was collected with issues(even though I did highlight to SE to check thoroughly upon collection but to no avail) namely: front bumper lip loosen, solar films with scratches and bubbles, paintwork scratches, rusty bolt nut at driver door, isofix bars misaligned, paintwork bubbles. Went back to AG within 1 week to allow them recitfy but they did not do up all due to insufficient time - some issues are still outstanding. 

For the past 3-4weeks I have been chasing both SE and PDI but to no avail - not responsive/not helpful at all. Have highlighted to them to escalate this matter to Keith Pang but no response as well. 

Yes, the Astra is indeed a solid car to drive but if the after-sales services is not up to a certain standard, one is better off spending his/her hard earned money with other ADs. AG can go all out to clinch the sales, entice new customers with attractive packages but sooner or later savvy customers will realise and leave.

Enough said, to potential buyers out there: "Trust takes years to build, seconds to break, forever to repair."  [thumbsdown] 

• Praise 5

Neutral Newbie

As requested by bros in fb groups, here is the post.

It's been ONE MONTH and I'm still pending updates(regarding my car's issues) from SE and PDI who were not responsive/uncontactable. Totally disappointed with AG service !!!

Car was collected with issues(even though I did highlight to SE to check thoroughly upon collection but to no avail) namely: front bumper lip loosen, solar films with scratches and bubbles, paintwork scratches, rusty bolt nut at driver door, isofix bars misaligned, paintwork bubbles. Went back to AG within 1 week to allow them recitfy but they did not do up all due to insufficient time - some issues are still outstanding.

For the past 3-4weeks I have been chasing both SE and PDI but to no avail - not responsive/not helpful at all. Have highlighted to them to escalate this matter to Keith Pang but no response as well.

Yes, the Astra is indeed a solid car to drive but if the after-sales services is not up to a certain standard, one is better off spending his/her hard earned money with other ADs. AG can go all out to clinch the sales, entice new customers with attractive packages but sooner or later savvy customers will realise and leave.

Enough said, to potential buyers out there: "Trust takes years to build, seconds to break, forever to repair." [thumbsdown]

Thanks for sharing, mind pm the sm name?
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1