Opel Astra 2016

ki_chiu

I feel for you bro.

it a new car and shouldn't need to go through all this.

somemore all seem like easily to fix issues.

solar film = half day job max.

front bumper lip loose = half day job max

paintwork issue = a day to polish or if necessary, a few days to respray whole car.

rusty bolt nut = easily replace once stock is available.

isofix bar misaligned = this one more tricky.

AG better look into the complaints seriously.

↡ Advertisement

Isofix bar should be replaced, just like the bolt or other items. But the trouble with a small agent, is their inventory is also rather small.. and I am sure they don't want to air freight the part in, which will be very easy to do..

In my case in normal day to day driving condition the sound is getting louder. AG just throw a it's normal due to free play of gearbox. Normal??? And further more disclaim level of loudness is subjective and due to sensitivity of individual. Outstanding resolution. I decide to give Opel a go and bought their new car. All I can say now, regrettable purchase.

Got the same issue... AG explanation is nonsense... where got car will sound like that.. don't think even a China brand car will behave like that... Some more, AG should take a more active approach by calling up all 1.4T owners to check and not the other way round, waiting for people to call them or wait until more serious issues occurred...  AG just treat us like a idiot.. 

what to do... ignored friends and relatives advice NOT to buy a Opel... now we can only blamed ourselves... think will drive for another 2-3 years before I will sell off my Astra.. and I WILL NEVER buy another OPEL again... 

• Praise 1

No sound no picture.

Johnny, need to check with you... if when turning left or right.... noise can be heard undercarriage.... same issue as yours? or other new issue?

Haiz... problem after problem... thinking of whether to ask AG to fix again and go outside workshop to fix... AG will likely to say is normal or they will claim they cannot hear anything... 

Johnny, need to check with you... if when turning left or right.... noise can be heard undercarriage.... same issue as yours? or other new issue?

Haiz... problem after problem... thinking of whether to ask AG to fix again and go outside workshop to fix... AG will likely to say is normal or they will claim they cannot hear anything... 

yup sounds about right. mine can hear and feel some clunking when turning. sometimes when going over hump with the wheels turned can also hear/feel.

this is definitely a problem. some fault in there that needs replacing. i believe many, if not most astra owners will get this. only a matter of time. 

bring it in and have them check it for u.

Edited by Johnny86

As requested by bros in fb groups, here is the post.

It's been ONE MONTH and I'm still pending updates(regarding my car's issues) from SE and PDI who were not responsive/uncontactable. Totally disappointed with AG service !!!

Car was collected with issues(even though I did highlight to SE to check thoroughly upon collection but to no avail) namely: front bumper lip loosen, solar films with scratches and bubbles, paintwork scratches, rusty bolt nut at driver door, isofix bars misaligned, paintwork bubbles. Went back to AG within 1 week to allow them recitfy but they did not do up all due to insufficient time - some issues are still outstanding.

For the past 3-4weeks I have been chasing both SE and PDI but to no avail - not responsive/not helpful at all. Have highlighted to them to escalate this matter to Keith Pang but no response as well.

Yes, the Astra is indeed a solid car to drive but if the after-sales services is not up to a certain standard, one is better off spending his/her hard earned money with other ADs. AG can go all out to clinch the sales, entice new customers with attractive packages but sooner or later savvy customers will realise and leave.

Enough said, to potential buyers out there: "Trust takes years to build, seconds to break, forever to repair." [thumbsdown]

I suggest keep calling them until they got everything fixed.

It's really unacceptable that they can hand over a new car in such conditions, especially the exterior parts.

Same here. They say is the anti roll bar. Have to wait for stock to come in almost a month now will give them a call in a few days. 

Is quite annoying especially when the car isn't a year old yet.

• Praise 1

Another disappointing episode today.

Saw on my TPMS that my right front tyre pressure on the low side, almost 30kpa difference from my left side. Decided to check if got nail or something. Nothing. Then went to pump the tyre. Pressure is showing 250kpa (same as left side). So I was curious went to check on the rear right tyre. The pump showed 228kpa. There is a nail near the sidewall.

So in actual fact it was the right rear that is leaking but the TPMS was calibrated as the front!

The best is the last time the tyres were inflated was with AG 10k servicing. I'm guessing they swap the front and back tyres but didn't recalibrate the sensors. [thumbsdown]

Not sure is it only me but do check your car's TPMS calibration. Such disappointing service by AG. 

A good decent car but ruined by the incompetence of the AD. 

Edited by kelaihoyin

No need heart pain, from the opel facebook can see more happy owners. Some have issue with AD service standard but nothing to do with the car.

Its funny non-opel owners need to come in and run down the car when they don't even own it. But can see its the same people also running down other brands such as vw when they don't own it also. Funny people you are, go justify how good your car is in your own car thread if you want, but maybe 1 way to feel better about the car you have after realising how bad it is is to go run down other models so as to justify you made the right decision, just to make yourself feel better???

• Praise 7
  • Dislike 1

Lol dono which bugger dislike his post.

Anyway made a new appointment, it will be the third time I bring this issue up, i will ask SA to take special note of my problem cos I just wanna close it and enjoy the drive.

It's still enjoyable. Having the 6AT shift at 3krpm and above is a good stress relief from the daily grind.

Anyone updated HU software recently? My version is from April 2016.

Edited by Johnny86

Hi Johnny.. Yr steering rack reached AG liao?

Wah.. Didnt know H.U can firmware update. Will ask SA next time!!!

Still no sound no picture. Made appointment to get it checked again cos I'm pretty sure it's anti roll bar side. Steering so far is fun, almost sporty, no weird sounds.

Yes HU can update firmware, the latest one fixes some android auto issues and adds a "STOP" icon when reversing.

Edited by Johnny86

Hey guys, just to share. I was supposed to collect my ride last Saturday but parking brake have issues as it auto release by itself. They Loan me a GTC to drive. They need 3 weeks for the new module to arrived from Germany. Haven't seen my ride yet!

Anyone had this issues?

• Praise 2

Hey guys, just to share. I was supposed to collect my ride last Saturday but parking brake have issues as it auto release by itself. They Loan me a GTC to drive. They need 3 weeks for the new module to arrived from Germany. Haven't seen my ride yet!

Anyone had this issues?

Oh no, sorry to hear abt it..but at least they did a chk and not just handover like that..which model?

Wah, so many Opel haters here ah....Especially those who never own an Opel before.

For those new buyers with "faults", try talking to A G nicely and also "bug" them nicely. Try not to bang table.

For example, you bang table and shout at the waiter/waitress at the restaurant, what do you get? They give you a big smile but who knows in the kitchen, they put saliva in your food?

I can write pages of little defects on the previous cars I bought but that is not the point. After all, if it is not a safety issue and not an obvious defect that I can see, I just live with it. i never drive cars more than 8 years anyway.

Example: All the new cars I bought got tiny swirl or scratch marks if you look carefully at a certain angle at bright light, especially for dark colours. Not obvious in general so I just ignore it. I am not buying a high end car anyway. Can do ceramic coating or PPS but I prefer to save the money for other things.

Try buying a car  from a small P I and you can really vomit blood....The best thing is that they close shop after one or two years and your warranty is useless.

In one article in the newspapers a few years back, a car buyer complained about his new P I car with defects- They told him, "Don't come here and shout shout, I know where you live". Of course, now every HDB block got CCTV and with in car cameras, not so easy to "sabo" you.

Cheers.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 4