Opel Astra 2016

ki_chiu

Hi everyone, this thread has been very informative, I just signed on the dotted line today for a new Astra ST 1.0. I was sold after test driving the car. Very powerful pickup especially slowdown mid way on a slope and need to accelerate hard again. Need some getting use to to the easytronic gb, but took the plunge due to the massive price diff between 1.0 and 1.4.

• Praise 2

btw anyone has any recommendations on PPS? i checked out Ceramic Pro pricing and they are really expensive! there is another company called ToughGuard offering cermic 9H coating at promo rate of $299 while a third one called EA Detailer has this Sonax Ceramic coating for $728....how different are they and is it necessary to pay over 1000 bucks to do this? 

The workshop I heard from a fren is somewhere inside AMK Autopoint.

Need to ask him again to confirm.

Is it CK Motor?

i had 2 Opels in Singapore. One clocked more than 120,000km and the other around 230,000km. It is a workhorse. Apart from the usual wear and tear parts like brake pad, the only major parts that was replaced was the gear and clutch actuators....at around 120,000km. I also had to replace the aircon compressor once.  

• Praise 2

btw anyone has any recommendations on PPS? i checked out Ceramic Pro pricing and they are really expensive! there is another company called ToughGuard offering cermic 9H coating at promo rate of $299 while a third one called EA Detailer has this Sonax Ceramic coating for $728....how different are they and is it necessary to pay over 1000 bucks to do this? 

welcome...

do remember that no matter how much the coating cost, you still have to do regular washing.

Is it CK Motor?

i had 2 Opels in Singapore. One clocked more than 120,000km and the other around 230,000km. It is a workhorse. Apart from the usual wear and tear parts like brake pad, the only major parts that was replaced was the gear and clutch actuators....at around 120,000km. I also had to replace the aircon compressor once.

Wats the cost for the actuators?
  • Praise 2

If you are keeping any car after 5 years, it is prudent to have at least $3K to $5K in your savings account for repairs. This is the minimum sum  I would recommend.

If it is a "branded" car like Mercedes, BMW and Audi, better have at least $8K to $11K on standby.

If it is a GTR or Maserati, probably at least $20K.

If you don't use it, at least the money is in the bank earning whatever miserly interest.

Yes folks, this is the cost of car ownership here.

• Praise 2

If you are keeping any car after 5 years, it is prudent to have at least $3K to $5K in your savings account for repairs. This is the minimum sum  I would recommend.

If it is a "branded" car like Mercedes, BMW and Audi, better have at least $8K to $11K on standby.

If it is a GTR or Maserati, probably at least $20K.

If you don't use it, at least the money is in the bank earning whatever miserly interest.

Yes folks, this is the cost of car ownership here.

Not every car after 5yrs must repairs la!

My previous carens till 9yrs 155k mileage not even repair anything.

Air con compressor also un-touch.

I only change one time brake pad,two tails light bulb,one brake light bulb,thats all.

Other than FC not that good,the quality I m surprise.

I m not promoting Korean,just share only.

Not every car after 5yrs must repairs la!

My previous carens till 9yrs 155k mileage not even repair anything.

Air con compressor also un-touch.

I only change one time brake pad,two tails light bulb,one brake light bulb,thats all.

Other than FC not that good,the quality I m surprise.

I m not promoting Korean,just share only.

Wah! You so lucky. What make and model?

Anyway, I quoted is the worst case scenario.....

So far all the cars I ever owned, the most frequent change is the air con compressor- Ranges from 4.5 years to 7 years.

Cheers.

Not really, my previous Axio - changed A/C compressor on 7th year... kns, on 8th and half year - spoil again. Drain out aircon oil and refill - it managed to work again, but xiao-xiao.

Subaru my fren - changed 3 compressors!!!

↡ Advertisement