• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
2936 replies to this topic | 5,245 praises

Posted 16 January 2018 - 07:26 AM

RCTP
  • Premium member
    RCTP
    5th Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

i having flapping sounds when i drive past 90 from my right side wheel arch and door but when i inspect there is nothing there caught in between, i only recently noticed this noise as the weather is cooler and i wind down my window for cool air and off the aircon...

Any bros experienced this sound? It pretty loud when i open the window... but my window is only open with 0.5cm gap...so its not the noise from the wind... its an audible flapping noise...

I don’t drive Opel. But from my past experiences with 4 previous cars, out of 4 times:

2 times is tyre kena nails, so when the nail is rotated to contact the ground got that kinda sound

1 time is wheel arch/mudguard came loose

Last time is slight bulge in tyre and the bulge was rubbing against something in the wheel arch. Slow speed can’t really hear. Go expressway more than 70km/h and above then can hear.

So not sure if you have same case as me, just sharing my experience.
SiLangKia, Tianmo and 1 Anonymous member praised this

Posted 16 January 2018 - 08:13 AM

Tckrto
  • Tckrto
    5th Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

i having flapping sounds when i drive past 90 from my right side wheel arch and door but when i inspect there is nothing there caught in between, i only recently noticed this noise as the weather is cooler and i wind down my window for cool air and off the aircon...

Any bros experienced this sound? It pretty loud when i open the window... but my window is only open with 0.5cm gap...so its not the noise from the wind... its an audible flapping noise...

U try wind down your passenger window together with driver window and listen if there's still flapping sound.

Posted 16 January 2018 - 07:12 PM

Theoldjaffa
  • Premium member
    Theoldjaffa
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

So you mean Astra is equipped with ABS?

Are u mind fking us? 😆
--------------------------------------------
Common sense is not a gift, it's a punishment. Because you have to deal with those who don't have it.

Posted 16 January 2018 - 11:38 PM

SiLangKia
  • Premium member
    SiLangKia
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

So you mean Astra is equipped with ABS?

Erm it's an option, need to indent and top up $500   [;)]  [:p]  [laugh]

Posted 18 January 2018 - 06:45 PM

Chisiang
  • Chisiang
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Not sure whether the SE know it or not.
i personally experienced once below 60km/h with a vehicle in front as i step on the accelerator while moving off. It activated the E-brake and stalled the engine. Now i have to set the anti-collision distance to nearer instead.

All along I believe there was no auto braking.

But today, I experienced it! OMG! Stupid van braked excessively. I didn’t apply sufficient braking and the car actually ebrake, ABS kicking in and all. Then the collision alarm went off! WTF

[/fun]

Posted 18 January 2018 - 09:30 PM

Teo2000
  • Teo2000
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

But today, I experienced it! OMG! Stupid van braked excessively. I didn’t apply sufficient braking and the car actually ebrake, ABS kicking in and all. Then the collision alarm went off! WTF

Wow! That means the Astra has Collision Alert and ACTIVE EMERGENCY BRAKING! Hip Hip Hooray!

Best bang for your buck with all these features!

I have never regretted my purchase 11 months ago.

1 Anonymous member praised this

Posted 18 January 2018 - 11:00 PM

Johnny86
  • Premium member
    Johnny86
    4th Gear
    Author Image

Actually I kena before but I step brake

The sound u never hear before one

Very shocking and the car really stops dead
1 Anonymous member praised this

Posted 18 January 2018 - 11:01 PM

Chisiang
  • Chisiang
    5th Gear
    Author Image

here's the dashcam clip. Can see my car suddenly brake and the car dip, then followed by the collision alarm

I must admit I was caught off guard by that van. If it wouldn't for the brake assist I would have kiss his butt. The brake and the alarm really woke me up.

Tianmo and Buadongdong praised this
[/fun]

Posted 18 January 2018 - 11:11 PM

therock
  • therock
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Congrats on choosing a car with the right safety functions. One accident that gets averted is already worth the money. 

But honestly I don't think the van braked excessively bro... you got lucky that you did not kiss his posterior... 

Posted 18 January 2018 - 11:16 PM

Chisiang
  • Chisiang
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Expressway the fellow brake for nothing though the motorbike came close. He braked until 40kph. Then when I overtook him, he was texting on his phone $&!#%
[/fun]

Posted 18 January 2018 - 11:39 PM

Chisiang
  • Chisiang
    5th Gear
    Author Image

I watched the clip again, audio is off sync with video. Warning light was lit same time brake was applied
[/fun]

Posted 19 January 2018 - 09:18 AM

hatuah
  • hatuah
    1st Gear
    Author Image

My collision alert also got activated for the first time yesterday. Was crossing a traffic light and it turned amber, so I sped up but the van in front of my braked instead. There was a loud beeping noise and there's a flashing light on the dashboard that went off (Automatically gets reflected to your windscreen). 

But I quickly stepped on my brakes so I'm not sure if it was the auto brake or my own braking that slowed down the car.  [laugh]

Posted 19 January 2018 - 11:08 AM

NgWeiBin
  • NgWeiBin
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

How much is the astra now? I think they no longer promote as all hit by ves.

Posted 19 January 2018 - 11:26 AM

Melvyn_
  • Premium member
    Melvyn_
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

How much is the astra now? I think they no longer promote as all hit by ves.

If I'm not mistaken. Only 1.0 is Neutral. 1.4 got slapped with a 10k surcharge. 

Posted 19 January 2018 - 02:14 PM

peng61
  • peng61
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

Anyone drove the ST version? How is it?

Posted 20 January 2018 - 08:33 AM

lawrenceljy
  • Premium member
    lawrenceljy
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

Anyone drove the ST version? How is it?

I collected my ST after Christmas, is a great car to drive. As many had said they do not regret getting the car. I’m travelleing east to West everyday clicking approx.120km per day by SLE KJE And PIE.... it clocks 750-800km and left with 1/8 tank. With occasional step down on the accelerator. It has short range power for over taking batter than a 1.6l car. As the car is still new, I’m not sure about the reliability but till now it is working fine for me.

Posted 20 January 2018 - 11:14 AM

Digthis1
  • Premium member
    Digthis1
    5th Gear
    Author Image

1.0ST is very nice. Juz be gentle on the accel pad cos of MTA gearbox. Today Opel ubi got event promo the new Insignia.

Back to Conti Talk  ·  Car Brands Top Reply to this topic

Related user reviews on sgCarMart.com

Opel Astra

Opel Astra  |  Rating   Submit Review

Reviewed by Jubilong  |  4th Gear

Enjoyable drive for the price of a Japanese and less

What sold me about the Astra is its features from electric tailgate, lane departure assist, emergency brake warnings and assist (saved me on a few occasions) and android and apple car play. After I researched European owners for their feed... » Read More

Opel Astra

Opel Astra  |  Rating   Submit Review

Reviewed by Spinball  |  1st Gear

Great car but disappointing...

Owned the 1.4T HB for about 3 months. I must say rear space is good as compared to other similar class car.. Comes with safety features at affordable price.. Ride is good at 90 KM/H onwards.... Acceleration is fast even though some turbo lag... » Read More

Related New Cars search on sgCarMart.com : opel astra

Quick Reply

Tags: opel, opelcar of the year 2016 and 5 more...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users