Opel Astra 2016

ki_chiu

Neutral Newbie

https://www.br-performance.be/en-be/chiptuning/1-cars/42-opel/2103-astra/7331-k-09-2015/7334-1-4-t-4cyl/?stage=6325

Link is taken from overseas not local and as you can see at stage 1. These are the gains and the company doesn't seemed like an average joe to me. Thus if you'd asked me if I rather believe that "someone" than the companies that I asked and forums that I have read, I'd choose the latter..  [laugh]

LOL!! I totally agree. 

I did check the other forums and tuners, the gain is good. Making this car even more fun to drive than it is now. 

Still holding out cos i'm really power hungry... 

Anyone that can offer me a ride to feel the power of the 1.4? Test drive very different from real life driving... 

↡ Advertisement

LOL!! I totally agree. 

I did check the other forums and tuners, the gain is good. Making this car even more fun to drive than it is now. 

Still holding out cos i'm really power hungry... 

Anyone that can offer me a ride to feel the power of the 1.4? Test drive very different from real life driving... 

No need to offer you a ride to feel the power of a 1.4T.

Came back from my 3rd trip up north, went to Bentong via Karak Highway and then to Putrajaya. Total travelled:About 860 km.

If you use the Karak Highway, you know that it has its "ups" and "downs" so going downhill, engine braking is important.

Trust me, you have the power of  a 2.0 NA engine and the torque of a 2.4 N A engine.

Cruising at 160 km/h is best, the rpm is only 3000 at the "6th" gear.

Yes, it is a fun car to drive and powerful enough FOR THE AMOUNT OF MONEY YOU PAID FOR.

For an extra $45K or so if you are really power hungry, then maybe the Subaru WRX would be the car to have, but do note that Subarus are petrol drinkers and insurance premiums are pretty high.

Cheers

It seems the tuning of 1.4T is getting people excited and I'm sure the 1.4T is able to tune to that. I have never doubted that but do remember power goes through the whole powertrain. If the automatic gearbox 6T35 is almost at its maximum torque capability as specified I would say do at your own risk. In fact high risk. 

Those tune figures can be safely sustained if they are using the M32 manual box. So before people get too excited just remember what that 320Nm is gonna do to the automatic gearbox in the long run. 

Edited by kelaihoyin
  • Praise 3

It seems the tuning of 1.4T is getting people excited and I'm sure the 1.4T is able to tune to that. I have never doubted that but do remember power goes through the whole powertrain. If the automatic gearbox 6T35 is almost at its maximum torque capability as specified I would say do at your own risk. In fact high risk. 

Those tune figures can be safely sustained if they are using the M32 manual box. So before people get too excited just remember what that 320Nm is gonna do to the automatic gearbox in the long run. 

There will always be risk for tuning your engine.Thus if you're ready to go into the "tuning" game, I don't think you should bother much in the "long run". Tuning = faster wear and tear = more servicing = get ready to splash the cash. Period. You should know all engines given by AD regardless of models are being down-tune to achieve its life span and the "long run" you're talking about. Only real car enthusiast wouldn't care a heck bout all these and just go ahead to play its car to its maximum. Once I tuned my car, will let you know how it goes in the near future  [laugh]

Edited by Melvyn_
  • Praise 1

There will always be risk for tuning your engine.Thus if you're ready to go into the "tuning" game, I don't think you should bother much in the "long run". Tuning = faster wear and tear = more servicing = get ready to splash the cash. Period. You should know all engines given by AD regardless of models are being down-tune to achieve its life span and the "long run" you're talking about. Only real car enthusiast wouldn't care a heck bout all these and just go ahead to play its car to its maximum. Once I tuned my car, will let you know how it goes in the near future  [laugh]

I have to reiterate that I do believe the 1.4T engine has no problem reaching those tune figures and might even be safe to do so in the long run.

I am stressing that the automatic gearbox is the one to be considered which is the point I am trying to put across. Putting a 100Nm more torque to the box is no joke. Even if the box is over designed by 20% the 320Nm figure still puts u 20% above the over designed spec.

Of course if you say going by the Monster-Tune figures that 30Nm more torque probably shouldn't be a problem. 

And I have no issues with one wearing out their engine faster or what not. Not my money anyway. Just trying to share the possible outcome that is all. After all that is what a forum is for.  :D

• Praise 1

I have to reiterate that I do believe the 1.4T engine has no problem reaching those tune figures and might even be safe to do so in the long run.

I am stressing that the automatic gearbox is the one to be considered which is the point I am trying to put across. Putting a 100Nm more torque to the box is no joke. Even if the box is over designed by 20% the 320Nm figure still puts u 20% above the over designed spec.

Of course if you say going by the Monster-Tune figures that 30Nm more torque probably shouldn't be a problem.

And I have no issues with one wearing out their engine faster or what not. Not my money anyway. Just trying to share the possible outcome that is all. After all that is what a forum is for. :D

I am currently driving the old Astra J 1.6NA.

During warranty my gearbox up lorry, stuck at gear 1 cannot reverse or put to neutral. Only can go P or D. AG in the end change the entire gearbox and took them 2 days to fix it. Personally I don't like this General Motor built gearbox kinda slow and heavy.

But I guess fixing it outside should be cheaper since is conventional AT.

You can try lifting the accelerator and up shift simultaneously.

Doing it at 3000rpm is quite seamless almost eliminating the jerk. But must be very precise at shifting it simultaneously.

Test drove the 1.0 again yesterday, and somehow rather, this magical 3000rpm does seem to make the low gear transition much smoother than the first time i tested it, thanks!

Just placed my deposit. The deal includes the front/rear camera and I was told the name of the brand is ‘CE’ but Google turns up nothing useful. Weren’t they giving iRoad before with option to upgrade? Anybody knows what is this ‘CE’ brand they are giving now?

It's actually e-cell focus t-100. People said it's inferior to Iroad, I think it's OK with me coz I was using a cheap camera that my friend gave me, so depends on user. Maybe if u have been using those high end ones u will feel this is worse off, but to me I am cool.

No need to offer you a ride to feel the power of a 1.4T.

Came back from my 3rd trip up north, went to Bentong via Karak Highway and then to Putrajaya. Total travelled:About 860 km.

If you use the Karak Highway, you know that it has its "ups" and "downs" so going downhill, engine braking is important.

Trust me, you have the power of a 2.0 NA engine and the torque of a 2.4 N A engine.

Cruising at 160 km/h is best, the rpm is only 3000 at the "6th" gear.

Yes, it is a fun car to drive and powerful enough FOR THE AMOUNT OF MONEY YOU PAID FOR.

For an extra $45K or so if you are really power hungry, then maybe the Subaru WRX would be the car to have, but do note that Subarus are petrol drinkers and insurance premiums are pretty high.

Cheers

Someone call me?

92888-17000 OPC

With additional 2 years servicing and bonnet insulator + standard freebies

The bonnet insulator is to dispense heat away from the engine? Useful? How much would it usually cost if i purchase it myself?

• Praise 1

The bonnet insulator is to dispense heat away from the engine? Useful? How much would it usually cost if i purchase it myself?

There is a heat shield on the insulator to protect the turbocharger I think. Normal including installation around 200 plus.

Edited by kelaihoyin
  • Praise 1

I thought to insulate engine noise, how to reduce the engine noise? Do you guys fix insulation strip along door which can be ordered from taobao? Or any cheap and good gadgets? Thinking a way to make my new ride as perfect as possible [:p]

↡ Advertisement