Opel Astra 2016

ki_chiu

Signed already...wasn't really impress w SE , should have gone w Jasper. Too bad knew about him only after.

But it's really the car itself, after many comparisons from mercs A180 to Honda city / jazz, still decided to go for it.

After countless YouTube reviews and articles, the astra 1.4T still leaves a deep impression. See you on the road guys, the Opel logo really grew on me after time.

Gonna be a mth+ till stock arrive so 2nd wave buyers can slowly sashay in and then decide

There are two group of Opel owner in FB, one group with lot of "senior" with many experience on Opel car and another with many new owner. Welcome to both group!
↡ Advertisement

There are two group of Opel owner in FB, one group with lot of "senior" with many experience on Opel car and another with many new owner. Welcome to both group!

haha so there are 2 FB groups? which one to join lol. 

I did adjust it up and down but thats about it since i cannot move it front and back. Hence, it brings to think whether it is me or its the car has its steering wheel a bit too forward.  :wut:

The steering wheel can be adjusted in and out as well. Maybe you didn't push hard enough.  [nod]

omg just joined the opel FB group and saw the astras plagued with so many issues, heart sank already. didnt think that paying for spanking new car still have to deal with such things. 

Edited by Aaur4man

omg just joined the opel FB group and saw the astras plagued with so many issues, heart sank already. didnt think that paying for spanking new car still have to deal with such things. 

I was able to find the official local Opel FB page with and only a few complaints , can't find the one where there are "seniors". You have the link to the "seniors" FB page?

Perhaps the FB group you joined are members driving earlier Astra models which I vaguely recall having gearbox issues.

The new Astra comes with 3 years free servicing, so I take it as a sign of confidence by the new agent Auto Germany with the new models.

Since you have already booked, just enjoy the first 3 years (the SE I spoke to advised to pay the extra $800 for 4th & 5th year free servicing).

For me, I'm still at the drooling stage as the price is still beyond my budget.

Second-tier conti brands all liddat one - from Ford to Citoen, to Skoda, to Peugeot, to Renault, to Volkswagen

I was able to find the official local Opel FB page with and only a few complaints , can't find the one where there are "seniors". You have the link to the "seniors" FB page?

Perhaps the FB group you joined are members driving earlier Astra models which I vaguely recall having gearbox issues.

The new Astra comes with 3 years free servicing, so I take it as a sign of confidence by the new agent Auto Germany with the new models.

Since you have already booked, just enjoy the first 3 years (the SE I spoke to advised to pay the extra $800 for 4th & 5th year free servicing).

Aaur4man and Kin1, post a message if you just join and you will be welcome by the member.

Don't look at the small issue that already solve by AG, look at how the member trying to take care of their new car and you should know how much we love our new ride.

I was able to find the official local Opel FB page with and only a few complaints , can't find the one where there are "seniors". You have the link to the "seniors" FB page?

Reading comments on actual defects that occurred and what happened at the workshop. Only after some minor inconvenience it was resolved but not a good thing for paranoid new car owners. Guess w less than 100 running on the roads these things are definitely new to everyone

Second-tier conti brands all liddat one - from Ford to Citoen, to Skoda, to Peugeot, to Renault, to Volkswagen ð

Hehe ... welcome to the club!!

You want good reliability? Go Korean or Japanese

I must say ur right on this. My current old korean is indeed reliable. But looking at european car of the year 2015/2016 I had expected more of the astra. Looks like issues are mostly resolved but not all. Teething problems for both Opel and Vauxhall variants.

Aaur4man and Kin1, post a message if you just join and you will be welcome by the member.

Don't look at the small issue that already solve by AG, look at how the member trying to take care of their new car and you should know how much we love our new ride. ð

Haha OK, btw did members get their stereo buzzing fixed? Or still have radio fizz time to time

https://www.facebook.com/groups/19976313404/

I was able to find the official local Opel FB page with and only a few complaints , can't find the one where there are "seniors". You have the link to the "seniors" FB page?

Reading comments on actual defects that occurred and what happened at the workshop. Only after some minor inconvenience it was resolved but not a good thing for paranoid new car owners. Guess w less than 100 running on the roads these things are definitely new to everyone

I must say ur right on this. My current old korean is indeed reliable. But looking at european car of the year 2015/2016 I had expected more of the astra. Looks like issues are mostly resolved but not all. Teething problems for both Opel and Vauxhall variants.

Haha OK, btw did members get their stereo buzzing fixed? Or still have radio fizz time to time

No update from the bro that facing this issue. Likely AG had update his software and solve his problem.
  • Praise 1

hows the ride height for the 1.4T astra tourer ? any comments from current owners ?  

@jasper ...wonder any chance of 1.6 bi-turbo diesel version of tourer coming in ?

Thanks

Edited by Lycanthrope

Turbocharged

looks really nice with dual exhaust .....

is our local 1.4t version comes with dual exhaust set up ?

Wah swee!!!

The SE told me Iphone 7Plus

I went there, they told me iPhone no more liao. And sounds price remains without that.

And any one know the price of these optional packages? Like intellilux led and ventilated seat and looks leather seats, 17 inch rim and such all local options.

Neutral Newbie

I went there, they told me iPhone no more liao. And sounds price remains without that.

And any one know the price of these optional packages? Like intellilux led and ventilated seat and looks leather seats, 17 inch rim and such all local options.

Yes, I would like to know the cost of having the LED headlamps as well. Anyone ordered with this option kindly post the price. Thanks.

↡ Advertisement