• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
1096 replies to this topic | 1,500 praises

Posted 19 January 2017 - 10:26 PM

porkfloss
  • Premium member
    porkfloss
    Neutral Newbie
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

What kind of discount you talking abt? New cars sales usually the price they offer is standard across the board, unlike used car you can bargain a price. If you have a car to trade in, mayb can get a little more on the trade in price, thats's  about it. And btw, the list price is for show only, the price the SE quote you is the price they quote every customer. 

agree with Tianmo bro.

after shopping around for awhile recently, i also noticed that the car price is more or less fixed even if you ask different SE from the same brand. those freebies given also quite standard unless you meet those kiam siap ones that want to hold back some (maybe if they dont give they earn more/keep the freebies for themselves? i dunno).

the only thing that will make a difference in the final price is the trade in value of your current ride as different SE quote differently. so its important to do your homework first by visiting a few brands to check it out.

Tianmo and therock praised this
2006 - 2012: Toyota Corolla Altis (2006)
2012 - 2014: Mazda 6 (2005)
2014 - now: Mazda 6 (2008)

Posted 19 January 2017 - 10:52 PM

therock
  • therock
    6th Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Thanks for your comments. Good to hear that.

But have anyone been offered a discount off what they stated?

Not every brand gives a big cut off the price they offer la..

Posted 19 January 2017 - 11:34 PM

ericshen
  • ericshen
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

Not every brand gives a big cut off the price they offer la..

I think you can try to negotiate for some freebies worth few hundreds, don't think they will give you thousands dollars discount unless AG would like to give. Then they will tell you directly.
For my case, after I sign the contract, price has dropped for few thousands because AG would like to do promo. Anyway, collecting soon. In short, if you feel price is ok and you need the car, then just sign it. Simple

Posted 20 January 2017 - 07:36 AM

Jonchar
  • Jonchar
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

Ok thanks all.

Good to know all these. Will talk to a different SE to see how much trade-in he will take for my car instead.

Posted 20 January 2017 - 08:02 AM

Friendstar
  • Friendstar
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

I think you can try to negotiate for some freebies worth few hundreds, don't think they will give you thousands dollars discount unless AG would like to give. Then they will tell you directly.
For my case, after I sign the contract, price has dropped for few thousands because AG would like to do promo. Anyway, collecting soon. In short, if you feel price is ok and you need the car, then just sign it. Simple

A few thousands?!?! I won't be able to sleep.

Posted 20 January 2017 - 09:23 AM

Jonchar
  • Jonchar
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

A few thousands?!?! I won't be able to sleep.

Haha, I am not looking at a few thousand for sure. Even if he had thrown it additional freebies or given me a $300 discount, I'll sign and walk away.

Posted 20 January 2017 - 10:18 AM

ericshen
  • ericshen
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

Haha, I am not looking at a few thousand for sure. Even if he had thrown it additional freebies or given me a $300 discount, I'll sign and walk away.

The few thousand discount already there. Comparing with when I ordered three months ago, price is 3000 less as I know but coe price almost the same.

Posted 20 January 2017 - 11:52 AM

Tianmo
  • Premium member
    Tianmo
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Ok thanks all.

Good to know all these. Will talk to a different SE to see how much trade-in he will take for my car instead.

Bro, buy new cars now and few years back is quite different already. Years back many cars come bare, no leather seats, no sport rims, no reverse sensor, no solar film, smlj also almost no have. Different SE will offer different goodies to you, like some promise you leather seats, some give you solar film, some exchange for you rims, etc

Now, the car comes with almost everything. Really nothing much to add liao. Trade in price because the SE has their own lobang, so trade in price may differ abit, mayb $300-$500, thats abt it, unless they have in house overtrade program. But with many ADs having their own in house resale unit, almost all the trade in cars go there, so also chance abit low liao. 

Good luck hunting.  [laugh]  [laugh]  [laugh]

芸芸人海,罪孽深重,神佛不渡,唯我魔渡

with the spirit of the MCF tiko club..............We are................ TIKO RANGERS!!!

Posted 20 January 2017 - 11:59 AM

Kangadrool
  • Premium member
    Kangadrool
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Enjoy your Astra. :D

Bro, buy new cars now and few years back is quite different already. Years back many cars come bare, no leather seats, no sport rims, no reverse sensor, no solar film, smlj also almost no have. Different SE will offer different goodies to you, like some promise you leather seats, some give you solar film, some exchange for you rims, etc

Now, the car comes with almost everything. Really nothing much to add liao. Trade in price because the SE has their own lobang, so trade in price may differ abit, mayb $300-$500, thats abt it, unless they have in house overtrade program. But with many ADs having their own in house resale unit, almost all the trade in cars go there, so also chance abit low liao. 

Good luck hunting.  [laugh]  [laugh]  [laugh]

Tianmo praised this

Posted 20 January 2017 - 12:02 PM

Tianmo
  • Premium member
    Tianmo
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Enjoy your Astra. :D

Thank you many many.  [grouphug]  [laugh]  [laugh]

芸芸人海,罪孽深重,神佛不渡,唯我魔渡

with the spirit of the MCF tiko club..............We are................ TIKO RANGERS!!!

Posted 20 January 2017 - 12:04 PM

Kangadrool
  • Premium member
    Kangadrool
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Just in time for CNY? Wish you many many astra $$$ coming your way. Huat ah... :D

Thank you many many.  [grouphug]  [laugh]  [laugh]

Sunny and Tianmo praised this

Posted 20 January 2017 - 12:05 PM

Jonchar
  • Jonchar
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

Thanks all again. Really appreciate all the comments!

Posted 20 January 2017 - 12:06 PM

Tianmo
  • Premium member
    Tianmo
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Just in time for CNY? Wish you many many astra $$$ coming your way. Huat ah... :D

SE say before CNY, but I think mayb not. wait see what he say next week. Give me on CNY eve also I headache.  [:p]  [laugh]

Thanks man!  [thumbsup]  [thumbsup]

WE ARE HUAT AH!!! [bounce2]

Sunny praised this
芸芸人海,罪孽深重,神佛不渡,唯我魔渡

Posted Yesterday, 07:22 PM

maddd
  • maddd
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

Anyone has problems connecting your Android Auto on the Opel?

Posted Yesterday, 08:16 PM

Johnny86
  • Premium member
    Johnny86
    1st Gear
    Author Image

Anyone has problems connecting your Android Auto on the Opel?

No issue for me. China phone

- check that AA is correctly installed and able to launch
- see that AA function is enabled on intellilink
- check USB cable

AA runs Everytime without fail, but not without its bugs

Posted Yesterday, 08:19 PM

maddd
  • maddd
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

No issue for me. China phone

- check that AA is correctly installed and able to launch
- see that AA function is enabled on intellilink
- check USB cable

AA runs Everytime without fail, but not without its bugs

How do I install AA on my mobile? Tried searching and it states that AA is not available in my country.

Posted Yesterday, 08:39 PM

Johnny86
  • Premium member
    Johnny86
    1st Gear
    Author Image

How do I install AA on my mobile? Tried searching and it states that AA is not available in my country.

google for android auto apk

u cant download in playstore, have to manually load it in.

once u start up AA, give all the permissions it needs including downloading supporting apps.

Back to Conti Talk  ·  Car Brands Top Reply to this topic

Related user reviews on sgCarMart.com

Opel Astra

Opel Astra  |  Rating   Submit Review

Reviewed by CalvinNg19  |  Neutral Newbie

2nd Hand Opel Astra J for 2 months

I just change my 8 years old Honda Civic 1.8A for a 2 year old Opel Astra J (MY11) 1.4 Ecotec T. In terms of power, the Honda is more power as the power comes on immediately as it is NA, but the Astra also have enough power (not too much t... » Read More

Opel Astra Sports Tourer

Opel Astra Sports Tourer  |  Rating   Submit Review

Reviewed by raffleshotel  |  Neutral Newbie

Car Of The Year 2016 Indeed

For the past 6 months, we have walked into numerous conti car showroom, test driven many and have in fact decided on the diesel model of an MPV of the ''B'' brand. Have driven Conti before, switched to Jap and decided it is time to go back... » Read More

Related New Cars search on sgCarMart.com : opel astra

Quick Reply

Tags: opel, opelcar of the year 2016 and 5 more...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users