Opel Astra 2016

ki_chiu

manual states recommended 95.

91 possible

98 possible.

I read from UK and Australia forum like nobody pump 91/92, mini all 95, some said in hot climate is better to pump 98 for the turbo. next round I try 98 see any different, after that mayb try one tank of 92 is whats the feel. [:p]  [laugh]  [laugh] 

But 92 seem like not a good idea.  

yeah i think the ECU mapping was based on RON95 hence recommended. 

pls let me know ur thoughts after trying 92  :secret-laugh:

↡ Advertisement

yeah i think the ECU mapping was based on RON95 hence recommended. 

pls let me know ur thoughts after trying 92  :secret-laugh:

hahaha, my gauge touching the 1/8 red line soon, mayb tomorrow or Friday I go try 92 or 98, stay tune. [:p]  [laugh]  [laugh]  

hahaha, my gauge touching the 1/8 red line soon, mayb tomorrow or Friday I go try 92 or 98, stay tune. [:p]  [laugh]  [laugh]  

if you are going to pick up 165kg passenger, better to go for 98 lah

:D

if you are going to pick up 165kg passenger, better to go for 98 lah

cfm, before i fetch you, I go wash car, vacuum clean clean, on the Opel exclusive car fragrance, stand by water at back seat, pump tire to 270 all sides, aircon on lowest temp max fan speed, pump ron 98 plus octane booster.

Only for you. otherwise I eat yours drink yours, I also paisay. [:p]  [laugh]  [laugh]

other days, I cheapskate lah, use the cheapest possible fuel, so that I can heavy foot rev high high.   [:p]  [:p]

almost got the new fit but went for astra instead. can tell ur neighbour good choice!

Parking neighbor. Not house neighbor.

Haha...

cfm, before i fetch you, I go wash car, vacuum clean clean, on the Opel exclusive car fragrance, stand by water at back seat, pump tire to 270 all sides, aircon on lowest temp max fan speed, pump ron 98 plus octane booster.

you sure you didn't mistake me for doggie?

manual states recommended 95.

91 possible

98 possible.

I read from UK and Australia forum like nobody pump 91/92, mini all 95, some said in hot climate is better to pump 98 for the turbo. next round I try 98 see any different, after that mayb try one tank of 92 is whats the feel. [:p][laugh][laugh]

But 92 seem like not a good idea.

95 work well but I feel 98 give me smoother drive. Am using 98 for the last few months liao.
  • Praise 1

you sure you didn't mistake me for doggie?

阿亮, over my dead body will I mistaken, unless you two are alter ego playing Male and female.  [:p]  [laugh]  [laugh]

95 work well but I feel 98 give me smoother drive. Am using 98 for the last few months liao.

using 95 for the past 3 weeks, but was just wondering what would be the different of 92, 95, 98. Because last time my Japanese and Korean cars recommended 95, but i dont find any different with 92. Then chevy mini was 95, and 97 did wonders, never try 98. 

I suspect 98 will work better if we dont have chance of high rev often, but I using the manual mode, and I usually shift up at 3000-3500rpm, plus i can go NSHW every month to clear carbon, so thinking will 92 work.  [:p]  [laugh]  [laugh]

Let me try try.  ^_^

• Praise 2

And so today I went for my 1000km inspection (1400km on the meter).

Booked last week for a morning slot. This morning not very pack, but the lady at the counter was quite alert, she saw my car and the moment i enter she already knew what I was for. Took my key and made arrangement.  

Went into the lounge, cleared my bladder, and had a latte. SA Abdul Latiff jaafar came to greet me again, he seem to remember me. LOL [laugh]

He asked if I am waiting or coming back later, I told him I can wait if not too long ( i was told before that 1000km takes 2 hours).  He gave me the thumbs up and said he will try to expedite. I was there 9am, and by 10.20am the car was back in the car park, all done with a car wash. 

When I left, the two gers waved bye bye as I push open the glass door, feel like sending car to friend's WS for servicing.  [:p]

Ok so far very positive, now i wait for the 10,000km service to see anything negative to share or not.  [:p]

You guys may want to try and get Latiff the next time you book your slot, Nice guy  [thumbsup]

Nice bro.. looks like Opel has got their act together. Told a friend about this car.

So the service schedule is similar to that of a Jap car?

Nice bro.. looks like Opel has got their act together. Told a friend about this car.

1000km is inspection only, no oil change. 

service schedule is every 10,000km or 6 months. No 1000km and 5000km oil change. 

And so today I went for my 1000km inspection (1400km on the meter).

Booked last week for a morning slot. This morning not very pack, but the lady at the counter was quite alert, she saw my car and the moment i enter she already knew what I was for. Took my key and made arrangement.

Went into the lounge, cleared my bladder, and had a latte. SA Abdul Latiff jaafar came to greet me again, he seem to remember me. LOL [laugh]

He asked if I am waiting or coming back later, I told him I can wait if not too long ( i was told before that 1000km takes 2 hours). He gave me the thumbs up and said he will try to expedite. I was there 9am, and by 10.20am the car was back in the car park, all done with a car wash.

When I left, the two gers waved bye bye as I push open the glass door, feel like sending car to friend's WS for servicing. [:p]

Ok so far very positive, now i wait for the 10,000km service to see anything negative to share or not. [:p]

You guys may want to try and get Latiff the next time you book your slot, Nice guy [thumbsup]

Yup he's service oriented.

Recept also cheeky, like to joke lol

10k onwards is similar. Every 10k or 6mths.

Will follow AD until package ends and intend to change oil every 8k.

Edited by Johnny86

Okay, got my ride, a 1.4T HB. It is faster than my previous 2.0 naturally aspirated Japanese car. Close the door and it feels solid.

As I said before, this car gives you the best bang for your buck. It is a very under-rated car. Now even cheaper due to drop in COE.

Oh well, sometimes you just have to step out of the box and experience it.

Power of a 2.0 and a torque of a 2.4!

Next month (March) go for the 1000 km servicing so I see how it is. In April, most probably drive up north to "exercise" its engine.

• Praise 1

Okay, got my ride, a 1.4T HB. It is faster than my previous 2.0 naturally aspirated Japanese car. Close the door and it feels solid.

As I said before, this car gives you the best bang for your buck. It is a very under-rated car. Now even cheaper due to drop in COE.

Oh well, sometimes you just have to step out of the box and experience it.

Power of a 2.0 and a torque of a 2.4!

Next month (March) go for the 1000 km servicing so I see how it is. In April, most probably drive up north to "exercise" its engine.

Congrats! Mine is slowly loosening up at 5k . Agree that need to go north to unlock it's full potential. Still waiting for a chance hehe.
  • Praise 1

Yup he's service oriented.

Recept also cheeky, like to joke lol

10k onwards is similar. Every 10k or 6mths.

Will follow AD until package ends and intend to change oil every 8k.

I used to change oil DIY on my optra, and I do it every 5000km, thinking of changing this factory oil at 5000km mark also.  [:p]

the computer showing my oil is at 86% after 1400km, seem like oil burning fast?  :huh:

↡ Advertisement