Opel Astra 2016

ki_chiu

@bugyeo:thks bro for the advice, have took the leap of faith.

@tkew: bro i registered the forum page but did not receive any email activation, have checked the junk folder, is there anything wrong with the site?

↡ Advertisement

Hi Bros, is it wise to take guaranteed or non guaranteed coe? what are the % chances of Opel securing coe for non guaranteed packages?

My SE face turn black when I said I wanted to take the non guaranteed COE yesterday.

Maybe chances of getting the car is low ? So no commission ? 

I got mine only after changing to G. Not setting the tone here but guessing the cost calculations....not hard to realise

Hi Friends,

Finally I collected my Astra ST 1.4T two weeks ago and last Friday have 1k mileage inspection.

I'm quite satisfy with the speed performance, after 1k I start step hard to the accelerator on ramping up a flyover, it have about 1sec delay before power release from the turbo engine. The acceleration is smooth and within 6 sec the speed raised from 60kph to 120kph. 

Since I'm not a harsh driver, this is good enough for me.

Here is my comments :

PROS

1) Front vent seats, really COOL!

2) AGR seat have multi adjustment and massage, adjusted to my body that really Adjustable!

3) Intellilux LED headlights does give better vision at night but minimized the dazzling to cars in front(both same direction or oncoming cars)

4) Auto door lock, which is best for me as I always forget to lock the car when leaving.

5) Blind spot warning, hill start brake, lane keep assist, tyre pressure monitor etc... are very helpful.

6) Auto parking is funny and useful for narrow space parking.

CONS

1) Air-con a bit noisy and sometimes have "wu..." sound when idle, Opel technical adviser said it is normal cos new air-con referigent is used for user friendy... true or not?

2) No remote side mirror folding!

3) No under engine bonnet insulator, purchased during the 1k inspection, cost $217, but original part that fit nicely.

4) No spare tyre, but can store more stuff like car wax or cleaning/washing kit in the spare tyre compartment.

5) Android Auto is not working, technical adviser told me Android platform is still under developing so not all android can use including my Samsung 8+

6) Most setting follow the key, it means settings like radio channel, seat position with one key will not be the same as another key when start the car.

7) 225/40R18 tyre is quite expensive !

Overall for this car is excellent, all my family, friends and colleagues are happy and surprise about the features and riding of it.

Highly recommend to buy this cand with no regret !

• Praise 3

Hi Friends,

Finally I collected my Astra ST 1.4T two weeks ago and last Friday have 1k mileage inspection.

I'm quite satisfy with the speed performance, after 1k I start step hard to the accelerator on ramping up a flyover, it have about 1sec delay before power release from the turbo engine. The acceleration is smooth and within 6 sec the speed raised from 60kph to 120kph. 

Since I'm not a harsh driver, this is good enough for me.

Here is my comments :

PROS

1) Front vent seats, really COOL!

2) AGR seat have multi adjustment and massage, adjusted to my body that really Adjustable!

3) Intellilux LED headlights does give better vision at night but minimized the dazzling to cars in front(both same direction or oncoming cars)

4) Auto door lock, which is best for me as I always forget to lock the car when leaving.

5) Blind spot warning, hill start brake, lane keep assist, tyre pressure monitor etc... are very helpful.

6) Auto parking is funny and useful for narrow space parking.

CONS

1) Air-con a bit noisy and sometimes have "wu..." sound when idle, Opel technical adviser said it is normal cos new air-con referigent is used for user friendy... true or not?

2) No remote side mirror folding!

3) No under engine bonnet insulator, purchased during the 1k inspection, cost $217, but original part that fit nicely.

4) No spare tyre, but can store more stuff like car wax or cleaning/washing kit in the spare tyre compartment.

5) Android Auto is not working, technical adviser told me Android platform is still under developing so not all android can use including my Samsung 8+

6) Most setting follow the key, it means settings like radio channel, seat position with one key will not be the same as another key when start the car.

7) 225/40R18 tyre is quite expensive !

Overall for this car is excellent, all my family, friends and colleagues are happy and surprise about the features and riding of it.

Highly recommend to buy this cand with no regret !

Yours is custom-to-build with all the AGR seats etc? How much u paid in total?

Turbocharged

Sounds like they got the $6k technology package

Hi bro - NG at $89,888 ? What colour u chose...

I chose absolute red, my SE told me that it's changeable, provided I manage to get it hahaha at NG.

(edited)

Not both AGR seat, only driver seat is AGR, buth both front seats have ventilation feature.

Place order in November last year, $128,888  ($8k for full option).

Edited by William1997
  • Praise 1

@tkew: bro i registered the forum page but did not receive any email activation, have checked the junk folder, is there anything wrong with the site?

Looks ok on the forum. Anyway, I have activated your account. Please contribute and help build up the community.

Are the floor mats the 3A mats that Auto Germany provided? Did you get to choose the color or it follows the color of the car?

Confirmed with my SE that the 1.0HB at $89,888 is for 6 bids non-guarantee whereas the $92,888 is for the 6-bids guarantee.

I would suggest to go for the non-guarantee.. as worst case just neg to top up 1-2k more which is still cheaper than adding 3k for the guarantee one..

Surprisingly when i was there at 2 plus in the afternoon to collect my new ride, there isn't much of a crowd despite the drop in price... All go for Jap/Korean makes?? They drop their price even more??? Or all waiting that COE price could soften further?

Anyway, still trying to figure some of the features on the car...

- the preset radio channels don't seem to captured the stations i like leh.. just class 95 there.

- can't get the car bluetooth to detect my phone.

- downloaded the Android Auto apk 2.2.710804-release (arm64) to my phone but installation failed... my phone on Andriod 5.0 cannot meh??

Go to spend some time tomorrow to sort them out...

Try downloading the latest version of Android Auto here:

http://www.apkmirror.com/apk/google-inc/android-auto/android-auto-2-3-7166-release/

Report back if it works. It should.

• Praise 1

Are the floor mats the 3A mats that Auto Germany provided? Did you get to choose the color or it follows the color of the car?

AG provide original floor mat, I got my SE to throw in the free replica 3m car mats for me.

To be honest, the replica mats sucks but since its free just use it.

The original mats with its red outer lining and bottom mat stopper that fits to the car actually looks cooler except that it doesn't trap dust as good as the 3m type. I might consider using it once the replica gets worn out.

Just sharing here. I've got a new set of Third-Party OPC Line Alloy Pedals that will fit the Astra K. The quality of these pedals are 99% as close to what you get from the originals, which AG is selling for around 215SGD. These set is extremely rare since the accelerator is different from LHD and in the market those alloy pedals u see are mostly from China, which is of course for LHD. Take a look at the pics below and see how the pedals actually give a different perspective to the cockpit. The pedals are slip-on no screws required. Been driving them for 1 month now without any issue.

attachicon.gifIMG_4003.JPG

attachicon.gifIMG_4002.JPG

attachicon.gifIMG_3998.JPG

PM me if you are interested.

Also those interested to do some subtle mods can try changing the side repeaters to smoked ones. Matches the overall appearance of the car in my opinion. Less than 5 mins to do the mod.

attachicon.gifIMG_4001.JPG

I want the pedals, share the lobang share the lobang [bounce2]  [bounce2]  [bounce2]

Try downloading the latest version of Android Auto here:

http://www.apkmirror.com/apk/google-inc/android-auto/android-auto-2-3-7166-release/

Report back if it works. It should.

I was previously using my S6 and it works on android auto on my opel . But I only use it for google maps. 1 thing I realize is that you must use the original S6 cable to connect to the car usb port, aftermarket cables seem quite sensitive.

I just changed to iphone last week and connection to apple carplay is a breeze even when I am using aftermarket cable. 

I want the pedals, share the lobang share the lobang [bounce2]  [bounce2]  [bounce2]

Haha sorry already sold off within 6 hours of posting.  Like I said extremely rare I had to source all the way from UK and is a one-off bidding from an eBay seller not an online store.

Hi all astra owners

Is it possible to gather some feedbacks on the astra thus far after driving it ?

Much appreciated

My post in April 2017:

As promised from my last post on 6 March 2017, I was away for a few days making my trip up north to Kajang (Putrajaya) driving the 1.4T HB. Total distance traveled in Malaysia: 660 km, 85% highway driving. Here is my verdict: EXHILARATING!

Cruising at 150 km/h, the car is telling you that it can do more....So I was not disappointed!

Believe me, the car is stable at speeds beyond that and there was no floating feeling.

You find cars like Honda City, Corolla Altis 1.8, Proton Inspira 2.0 and Camry 2.4 coming close on your rear view mirrror and once you step on it.... they become further and further away from you....That feeling is priceless.

Enough said. No need to mod when stock is good enough.

And so far no stuttering issues.

↡ Advertisement