Let me share my experiences and opinion of owning a car:
- I bought a car do not think of selling it in short future unless unable to maintain a car(no money!) or some defects (not malfunction) I cannot accept or I can make money for selling it.
- I only sold my Grand Vitara 2 WD because when I bought it the COE is just $6XX (year 2009) and I sold it 3 years later at the same price, cos COE is keep increasing, so it means I have 3 years driving the solid SUV free of charge.
- All used car dealer will press the price for any reasons when they buy from you, no matter what brand what model. Then they sell it at least mark up $10K. This is what I experience when I help my colleagues sell their cars and selling my Vitara(dealer offering lower amount)
- If really necessary to sell the car, sell as direct owner will get a better deal because no need to let the dealer’s mark up. But it will be quite troublesome to do some document in LTA transaction.
- I was lucky that the G.Vitara was sold as direct owner since the buyer have friend working as SE in one car agent and know all the procedures.
- For the car features, driving in Singapore the CC is not so helpful, but the Speed Limiter is very useful, I always turn it on and set to 85km/h so I do not worry about speeding. My friend in Canada told me the CC is not many people will use cos a lot of accident is caused by using CC and the driver will so relax to fall asleep.
- Lane keep assist together with blind spot alert I also always keeping on so it will remind me to signal before change lane!
- Any Opel Astra owner aware the side mirror is a heated mirror? This also very helpful during heavy down pour, when I turn on the heated rear window, the side mirror also heated, it will demist the mirror and obtain a clearer view.
- There is no spare tyre, only glue and pump kit. I recommend we better buy one spare tyre and place it in the load compartment (spare tyre compartment) because if tyre puncture by nail, it will flatten slowly and can pump up, but if tyre wall was cut, the tyre will be flatten in very short period, no matter what glue or repair kit will not help! My colleague driving PI Shuttle in JB have tyre cut, luckily he bought one spare tyre from carousell and carry along.
The above are just my own opinion, please share your opinion and experience also, thanks for reading :-)