Magnifying glass
  • Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
1923 replies to this topic | 3,020 praises

Posted Yesterday, 11:53 PM

William1997
  • William1997
    Clutched
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Dear friends,

Let me share my experiences and opinion of owning a car:

1. I bought a car do not think of selling it in short future unless unable to maintain a car(no money!) or some defects (not malfunction) I cannot accept or I can make money for selling it.
  2. I only sold my Grand Vitara 2 WD because when I bought it the COE is just $6XX (year 2009) and I sold it 3 years later at the same price, cos COE is keep increasing, so it means I have 3 years driving the solid SUV free of charge.
  3. All used car dealer will press the price for any reasons when they buy from you, no matter what brand what model. Then they sell it at least mark up $10K. This is what I experience when I help my colleagues sell their cars and selling my Vitara(dealer offering lower amount)
  4. If really necessary to sell the car, sell as direct owner will get a better deal because no need to let the dealer’s mark up. But it will be quite troublesome to do some document in LTA transaction.
  5. I was lucky that the G.Vitara was sold as direct owner since the buyer have friend working as SE in one car agent and know all the procedures.
  6. For the car features, driving in Singapore the CC is not so helpful, but the Speed Limiter is very useful, I always turn it on and set to 85km/h so I do not worry about speeding. My friend in Canada told me the CC is not many people will use cos a lot of accident is caused by using CC and the driver will so relax to fall asleep.
  7. Lane keep assist together with blind spot alert I also always keeping on so it will remind me to signal before change lane!
  8. Any Opel Astra owner aware the side mirror is a heated mirror? This also very helpful during heavy down pour, when I turn on the heated rear window, the side mirror also heated, it will demist the mirror and obtain a clearer view.
  9. There is no spare tyre, only glue and pump kit. I recommend we better buy one spare tyre and place it in the load compartment (spare tyre compartment) because if tyre puncture by nail, it will flatten slowly and can pump up, but if tyre wall was cut, the tyre will be flatten in very short period, no matter what glue or repair kit will not help! My colleague driving PI Shuttle in JB have tyre cut, luckily he bought one spare tyre from carousell and carry along.

The above are just my own opinion, please share your opinion and experience also, thanks for reading :-)

Tkew praised this

Posted Today, 07:01 AM

Kiario
  • Premium member
    Kiario
    5th Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Any Opel Astra owner aware the side mirror is a heated mirror? This also very helpful during heavy down pour, when I turn on the heated rear window, the side mirror also heated, it will demist the mirror and obtain a clearer view.

ok, I am 1 of the astra owners that do not know of this function. [:p] 

I think importantly, many of the functions can be switched off if you don't want to use them.

Posted Today, 07:37 AM

Digthis1
  • Premium member
    Digthis1
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Hi william1997.. I think yrs is the only Astra in our group that has the upgrade features! If there is a meetup.. Pls join in so we can check out yr car haha!

Posted Today, 10:02 AM

PSP415
  • PSP415
    6th Gear
    Author Image

Bro William 1997,

I did not know that there's a heated side mirrors feature on the Astra. It's a useful function and something that I have wished upon my current ride every time the side mirrors fogged up and makes it difficult for me to check via these.

Thanks for sharing.

Safe and enjoyable ride
Cheers

Back to Conti Talk  ·  Car Brands Top Reply to this topic

Related user reviews on sgCarMart.com

Opel Astra

Opel Astra  |  Rating   Submit Review

Reviewed by Kiario  |  5th Gear

1 litre dynamo

Got myself an astra 1 litre and have been impressed and happy so far. Despite its small engine, it is nippy and had enough torque to pull away from traffic, especially in manual mode. Features are aplenty such as lane assist, tpms, collisio... » Read More

Opel Astra

Opel Astra  |  Rating   Submit Review

Reviewed by stnch  |  Neutral Newbie

Terrible after sales service

Terrible after sales service. Astra has many issues. I had to send in my car many times & yet they couldn't find the root cause of the problem. Spoke to the person in charge who is not receptive, arrogant & defensive. Karl-Thomas Neumann http... » Read More

Related New Cars search on sgCarMart.com : opel astra

Quick Reply

Tags: opel, opelcar of the year 2016 and 5 more...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users