• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
105 replies to this topic | 581 praises

Posted 03 June 2016 - 09:24 AM

Little_prince
  • Premium member
    Little_prince
    2Fast2Furious
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

hi guys

Market downturn. cost of living is going up. every dollar saved is a dollar earned. lol

found a shop that sells a lot of stuff rather cheaply. everything is $1. 

even cheaper that the usual value dollar shop.

Sedikit-sedikit lama-lama jadi bukit

IMG_2137.JPG IMG_2138.JPG IMG_2139.JPG IMG_2140.JPG IMG_2142.JPG IMG_2143.JPG IMG_2144.JPG IMG_2145.JPG IMG_2151.JPG IMG_2150.JPG IMG_2149.JPG IMG_2146.JPG

compared to NTUC or redmart really much cheaper.

e.g

coke per bottle is $1 vs $2.0 in RedMArt

Tiger balm is $1 vs $3.50 in NTUC

Digestive biscuit is $1 vs $2.95 in Red mart

hopefully it will help some bros here.

Address is in basement #B1-13 of JCube.

good for those bros staying in the west. 

they also have another normal value dollar got more stuff. but not as worth as this one.

cheers 

Edited by Little_prince, 03 June 2016 - 09:26 AM.

Mustank, Watwheels, Beehive3783, Jeffc, RH1667, hsl118, Lala81 and 3 other members praised this
“Everybody is a genius. But, if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it’ll spend it’s whole life believing that it is stupid.” – Albert Einstein

HungryPaPa - https://instagram.com/hungrypapa/

Posted 03 June 2016 - 09:58 AM

Beehive3783
  • Premium member
    Beehive3783
    NOS-ed
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Wah. Really wu pi wu qi dua liap ni

Little_prince and Mustank praised this
Cheers
Ben

Posted 03 June 2016 - 10:01 AM

Ender
  • Premium member
    Ender
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Good price.. Also good alignment of the pictures. how you arrange them in 3 X 4 ? 

Little_prince praised this
You have eaten 10 curry puffs, 4 cakes and a tao sar boa.
You have drunk 10 cokes, and a jug of sarsi and I don't know how.
All you do is waddle, when the others run.
Eat a little less, play a little more.
You will find that life is a lot more fun than it was before.

Posted 03 June 2016 - 10:03 AM

Duckduck
  • Duckduck
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

must b all expiring n thai/indo stuff

that GP battery sucks to max. v fast use finish

Edited by Duckduck, 03 June 2016 - 10:04 AM.

Little_prince and Holdenutessv praised this
Pursuant to section 49, subsection 7e, paragraph a...

Posted 03 June 2016 - 10:53 AM

Acemundo
  • Premium member
    Acemundo
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

actually such shops are cheaper because of parallel import.  for example, I saw the coke 500ml pet bottle packaging going for 40cents per bottle or $1 for 3 bottles at the same chain at another venue.  the packaging on the bottle shows RM1 and scrutinising the label confirms it was produced in Malaysia.  now we know RM1 is S$0.33 and that's the reason for them being cheap.  but seriously I don't mind it being from Malaysia, Indonesia or Vietnam even.  coke should be the same formula in whichever country of production.

Posted 03 June 2016 - 10:53 AM

Spring
  • Premium member
    Spring
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

For toiletries, Swanston at People's Park Complex Level 2 sells at good prices.

Think their toiletries imported from Vietnam though.

Posted 03 June 2016 - 11:02 AM

Kurty
  • Premium member
    Kurty
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

yeah, things are cheaper as compared but for oral consumption, better to check on their expiry date.

My dad love to go such shops and stock his supplies..

but end up all in bin..

Little_prince and Lala81 praised this
bluey Tiko Ranger

I have a pen, I have an apple..

Posted 03 June 2016 - 11:09 AM

Hamburger
  • Premium member
    Hamburger
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

This shops is around for years already and I am enjoying the savings.

Do take note of the expiry dates which is only months away.
Blueray, Little_prince and Mercs praised this
do to others what you want others to do to you......

Posted 03 June 2016 - 11:14 AM

Duckduck
  • Duckduck
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

coke should be the same formula in whichever country of production.

not true.

https://www.quora.co...ntry-to-another

http://www.coca-cola...n-every-country

just like KFC tastes different in SG, boleh n indo

Edited by Duckduck, 03 June 2016 - 11:14 AM.

Posted 03 June 2016 - 11:20 AM

Davidtch
  • Premium member
    Davidtch
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

I think Coke no longer produces on this island anymore.

I see more & more made in Malaysia coke.

Posted 03 June 2016 - 11:25 AM

Duckduck
  • Duckduck
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

I think Coke no longer produces on this island anymore.

I see more & more made in Malaysia coke.

coke sg is now produced in boleh

Posted 03 June 2016 - 11:31 AM

Nzy
  • Premium member
    Nzy
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

hi guys

Market downturn. cost of living is going up. every dollar saved is a dollar earned. lol

found a shop that sells a lot of stuff rather cheaply. everything is $1. 

even cheaper that the usual value dollar shop.

Sedikit-sedikit lama-lama jadi bukit

attachicon.gifIMG_2137.JPGattachicon.gifIMG_2138.JPGattachicon.gifIMG_2139.JPGattachicon.gifIMG_2140.JPGattachicon.gifIMG_2142.JPGattachicon.gifIMG_2143.JPGattachicon.gifIMG_2144.JPGattachicon.gifIMG_2145.JPGattachicon.gifIMG_2151.JPGattachicon.gifIMG_2150.JPGattachicon.gifIMG_2149.JPGattachicon.gifIMG_2146.JPG

e.g

hopefully it will help some bros here.

Address is in basement #B1-13 of JCube.

good for those bros staying in the west. 

they also have another normal value dollar got more stuff. but not as worth as this one.

cheers 

Been around for a long time. But got to watch out for the expiry dates. Sometimes very close to expiry or expired already. I always go there to buy snacks and drinks whenever I host a party. They are all over the island.

Posted 03 June 2016 - 11:33 AM

Acemundo
  • Premium member
    Acemundo
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

not true.

https://www.quora.co...ntry-to-another

http://www.coca-cola...n-every-country

just like KFC tastes different in SG, boleh n indo

bro, there is difference between things made in the kitchen vs the factory.  anyway whether different depends on whether they use different ingredient or equipment settings.  at least for coke I don't think it achieves anything for them to manufacture it differently.  so far the taste for the coke feels the same to me. 

Posted 03 June 2016 - 11:57 AM

Jman888
  • Jman888

e.g

Redmart was never meant to be cheap and NTUC is hardly low price, so cannot compare with them.

I was told that the products in these shops are near expiry and mostly parallel imported.

actually such shops are cheaper because of parallel import.  for example, I saw the coke 500ml pet bottle packaging going for 40cents per bottle or $1 for 3 bottles at the same chain at another venue.  the packaging on the bottle shows RM1 and scrutinising the label confirms it was produced in Malaysia.  now we know RM1 is S$0.33 and that's the reason for them being cheap.  but seriously I don't mind it being from Malaysia, Indonesia or Vietnam even.  coke should be the same formula in whichever country of production.

but not the bodycare or skincare products, i bought the facial wash in batam for 1/3 of the price, can feel the ingredient used is different, so those with sensitive skin is taking a risk.

骑白马的不一定是王子,可能是唐僧;带翅膀的也不一定是天使,有时候是鸟人。

Posted 03 June 2016 - 12:00 PM

Duckduck
  • Duckduck
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

bro, there is difference between things made in the kitchen vs the factory.  anyway whether different depends on whether they use different ingredient or equipment settings.  at least for coke I don't think it achieves anything for them to manufacture it differently.  so far the taste for the coke feels the same to me. 

coke themselves say theyre made differnetly per country. see 2nd last para for reason.

http://www.nytimes.c...consumed-t.html

Edited by Duckduck, 03 June 2016 - 12:01 PM.

Posted 03 June 2016 - 12:09 PM

UncleAtas
  • UncleAtas
    4th Gear
    Author Image

For toiletries, Swanston at People's Park Complex Level 2 sells at good prices.

Think their toiletries imported from Vietnam though.

Concur! Always get my necessities from there..

Refer to signature guidelines

Posted 03 June 2016 - 12:16 PM

Acemundo
  • Premium member
    Acemundo
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

coke themselves say theyre made differnetly per country. see 2nd last para for reason.

http://www.nytimes.c...consumed-t.html

where in the article did coke spokesman say they manufacture differently? it appears to me only a blogger or author thinks the Mexican coke tastes better only.

Redmart was never meant to be cheap and NTUC is hardly low price, so cannot compare with them.

I was told that the products in these shops are near expiry and mostly parallel imported.

but not the bodycare or skincare products, i bought the facial wash in batam for 1/3 of the price, can feel the ingredient used is different, so those with sensitive skin is taking a risk.

you bought the batam version or you bought from batam? 

anyhow, I didn't attest all are the same.  in fact, few years back I already conducted the exercise and decided that milk powder sold in Malaysia is different from that sold in Singapore.

I will say I don't mind getting my coke there and maybe certain things but definitely won't get everything there just because it is cheaper.  I always get the mamee snack there also.  because mamee originates from Malaysia anyway

Posted 03 June 2016 - 12:31 PM

Xers007
  • Premium member
    Xers007
    Supercharged
    Author Image

Food product produced in different country really have different taste and quality.

Like the cadbury fingers i bought in the ABC store at $2+ that is made in UK is much nicer than those made in indonesia selling $3+ at NTUC

Edited by Xers007, 03 June 2016 - 12:32 PM.

Little_prince and Lala81 praised this

Back to the same old days...

Posted 03 June 2016 - 12:46 PM

Jman888
  • Jman888

you bought the batam version or you bought from batam? 

bought from batam, quality is quite obvious compare to one bought in  singapore.

骑白马的不一定是王子,可能是唐僧;带翅膀的也不一定是天使,有时候是鸟人。

Posted 03 June 2016 - 12:48 PM

Acemundo
  • Premium member
    Acemundo
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

bought from batam, quality is quite obvious compare to one bought in  singapore.

ok.  I was asking because I seldom see items parallel import from batam but sold in Singapore.  agreed that there will be difference in quality of some daily necessities available slated for Singapore market vs those slated for another overseas market.

Back to Lite & EZ  ·  Non-Car Related Top Reply to this topic

Quick Reply

Tags: daily, cheap, saving, sharing and 3 more...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users