Sharing lobang to buy Cheap Daily Necessities and groceries

Little_prince

(edited)

hi guys

Market downturn. cost of living is going up. every dollar saved is a dollar earned. lol

found a shop that sells a lot of stuff rather cheaply. everything is $1. 

even cheaper that the usual value dollar shop.

Sedikit-sedikit lama-lama jadi bukit

post-34895-0-69397900-1464916623.jpgpost-34895-0-22434000-1464916624.jpgpost-34895-0-72043200-1464916624.jpgpost-34895-0-22412300-1464916625.jpgpost-34895-0-72915200-1464916625.jpgpost-34895-0-21897100-1464916626.jpgpost-34895-0-72771400-1464916626.jpgpost-34895-0-23874700-1464916627.jpgpost-34895-0-99290200-1464916655.jpgpost-34895-0-87397900-1464916655.jpgpost-34895-0-66301900-1464916655.jpgpost-34895-0-53222300-1464916655.jpg

compared to NTUC or redmart really much cheaper.

e.g

coke per bottle is $1 vs $2.0 in RedMArt

Tiger balm is $1 vs $3.50 in NTUC

Digestive biscuit is $1 vs $2.95 in Red mart

hopefully it will help some bros here.

Address is in basement #B1-13 of JCube.

good for those bros staying in the west. 

they also have another normal value dollar got more stuff. but not as worth as this one.

cheers 

Edited by Little_prince
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 10

Turbocharged
(edited)

must b all expiring n thai/indo stuff

that GP battery sucks to max. v fast use finish

Edited by Duckduck
  • Praise 2

Supercharged

actually such shops are cheaper because of parallel import.  for example, I saw the coke 500ml pet bottle packaging going for 40cents per bottle or $1 for 3 bottles at the same chain at another venue.  the packaging on the bottle shows RM1 and scrutinising the label confirms it was produced in Malaysia.  now we know RM1 is S$0.33 and that's the reason for them being cheap.  but seriously I don't mind it being from Malaysia, Indonesia or Vietnam even.  coke should be the same formula in whichever country of production.

• Praise 1

For toiletries, Swanston at People's Park Complex Level 2 sells at good prices.

Think their toiletries imported from Vietnam though.

• Praise 8

Supercharged

yeah, things are cheaper as compared but for oral consumption, better to check on their expiry date.

My dad love to go such shops and stock his supplies..

but end up all in bin..

• Praise 2

This shops is around for years already and I am enjoying the savings.

Do take note of the expiry dates which is only months away.

• Praise 3

Turbocharged

I think Coke no longer produces on this island anymore.

I see more & more made in Malaysia coke.

coke sg is now produced in boleh

Twincharged

hi guys

Market downturn. cost of living is going up. every dollar saved is a dollar earned. lol

found a shop that sells a lot of stuff rather cheaply. everything is $1. 

even cheaper that the usual value dollar shop.

Sedikit-sedikit lama-lama jadi bukit

attachicon.gifIMG_2137.JPGattachicon.gifIMG_2138.JPGattachicon.gifIMG_2139.JPGattachicon.gifIMG_2140.JPGattachicon.gifIMG_2142.JPGattachicon.gifIMG_2143.JPGattachicon.gifIMG_2144.JPGattachicon.gifIMG_2145.JPGattachicon.gifIMG_2151.JPGattachicon.gifIMG_2150.JPGattachicon.gifIMG_2149.JPGattachicon.gifIMG_2146.JPG

e.g

hopefully it will help some bros here.

Address is in basement #B1-13 of JCube.

good for those bros staying in the west. 

they also have another normal value dollar got more stuff. but not as worth as this one.

cheers 

Been around for a long time. But got to watch out for the expiry dates. Sometimes very close to expiry or expired already. I always go there to buy snacks and drinks whenever I host a party. They are all over the island.

• Praise 1

Supercharged

bro, there is difference between things made in the kitchen vs the factory.  anyway whether different depends on whether they use different ingredient or equipment settings.  at least for coke I don't think it achieves anything for them to manufacture it differently.  so far the taste for the coke feels the same to me. 

e.g

Redmart was never meant to be cheap and NTUC is hardly low price, so cannot compare with them.

I was told that the products in these shops are near expiry and mostly parallel imported.

actually such shops are cheaper because of parallel import.  for example, I saw the coke 500ml pet bottle packaging going for 40cents per bottle or $1 for 3 bottles at the same chain at another venue.  the packaging on the bottle shows RM1 and scrutinising the label confirms it was produced in Malaysia.  now we know RM1 is S$0.33 and that's the reason for them being cheap.  but seriously I don't mind it being from Malaysia, Indonesia or Vietnam even.  coke should be the same formula in whichever country of production.

but not the bodycare or skincare products, i bought the facial wash in batam for 1/3 of the price, can feel the ingredient used is different, so those with sensitive skin is taking a risk.

• Praise 1

Turbocharged
(edited)

bro, there is difference between things made in the kitchen vs the factory.  anyway whether different depends on whether they use different ingredient or equipment settings.  at least for coke I don't think it achieves anything for them to manufacture it differently.  so far the taste for the coke feels the same to me. 

coke themselves say theyre made differnetly per country. see 2nd last para for reason.

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/10/11/magazine/11fob-consumed-t.html

Edited by Duckduck

Turbocharged

For toiletries, Swanston at People's Park Complex Level 2 sells at good prices.

Think their toiletries imported from Vietnam though.

Concur! Always get my necessities from there..

Supercharged

coke themselves say theyre made differnetly per country. see 2nd last para for reason.

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/10/11/magazine/11fob-consumed-t.html

where in the article did coke spokesman say they manufacture differently? it appears to me only a blogger or author thinks the Mexican coke tastes better only.

Redmart was never meant to be cheap and NTUC is hardly low price, so cannot compare with them.

I was told that the products in these shops are near expiry and mostly parallel imported.

but not the bodycare or skincare products, i bought the facial wash in batam for 1/3 of the price, can feel the ingredient used is different, so those with sensitive skin is taking a risk.

you bought the batam version or you bought from batam? 

anyhow, I didn't attest all are the same.  in fact, few years back I already conducted the exercise and decided that milk powder sold in Malaysia is different from that sold in Singapore.

I will say I don't mind getting my coke there and maybe certain things but definitely won't get everything there just because it is cheaper.  I always get the mamee snack there also.  because mamee originates from Malaysia anyway

Supercharged
(edited)

Food product produced in different country really have different taste and quality.

Like the cadbury fingers i bought in the ABC store at $2+ that is made in UK is much nicer than those made in indonesia selling $3+ at NTUC

Edited by Xers007
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2