Sharing lobang to buy Cheap Daily Necessities and groceries

Little_prince

Hypersonic

must b all expiring n thai/indo stuff

that GP battery sucks to max. v fast use finish

GP batteries - i bought alkaline ones .... i thought they might be the best amongst its other variants, all leaked after a year and I had to replace 3 fan remote controls  [bigcry] even though the expiry month was still like 2 years away; Cost me $13/- per remote control (lucky not so expensive) at Panasonic, even my mothers blood pressure meter also same problem with GP Alkalne batteries ; leak and spoil the meter, cost me over $100 after trading in the spoilt one at Agent place , though still under warranty. KNN GP Alkaline Batteries!!!  

↡ Advertisement

GP batteries - i bought alkaline ones .... i thought they might be the best amongst its other variants, all leaked after a year and I had to replace 3 fan remote controls  [bigcry] even though the expiry month was still like 2 years away; Cost me $13/- per remote control (lucky not so expensive) at Panasonic, even my mothers blood pressure meter also same problem with GP Alkalne batteries ; leak and spoil the meter, cost me over $100 after trading in the spoilt one at Agent place , though still under warranty. KNN GP Alkaline Batteries!!!  

I don't find GP alkaline battery lasting.

now I buy either Energizer, Panasonic or Duracell.

• Praise 1

GP batteries - i bought alkaline ones .... i thought they might be the best amongst its other variants, all leaked after a year and I had to replace 3 fan remote controls [bigcry] even though the expiry month was still like 2 years away; Cost me $13/- per remote control (lucky not so expensive) at Panasonic, even my mothers blood pressure meter also same problem with GP Alkalne batteries ; leak and spoil the meter, cost me over $100 after trading in the spoilt one at Agent place , though still under warranty. KNN GP Alkaline Batteries!!!

For retail, don't use alkaline. Sure leak. Even Duracell is the same

Hypersonic

For retail, don't use alkaline. Sure leak. Even Duracell is the same

Seems so like it , even my wall clock also Kenna same thing .... The repairer said use just normal batteries ... He said alkaline battery is too strong for wall clocks loading and also likely chance of leakage

I even put the clock in direct hot sun for an hour .... It works well but after again it stops working ..... Somebody told me to try this method ... But it did not work well for my old clock and had to change entire mechanism as the clock was over 30 years old and first time Kenna like this damn Tulan ..... Lucky can find seiko parts ..... Cost me $40 again

The other competitor is called Ocean.

My toothbrushes come from there.

think Ocean was the "pioneer" there, used to patronise Ocean and then Swanston cos the corner location more spacious.

now shop at Swanston only if I happen to be at Peoples Park for makan.

prices at HDB shops are now pretty competitive and less parking and traffic issues than Chinatown.

• Praise 1

Supercharged

think Ocean was the "pioneer" there, used to patronise Ocean and then Swanston cos the corner location more spacious.

now shop at Swanston only if I happen to be at Peoples Park for makan.

prices at HDB shops are now pretty competitive and less parking and traffic issues than Chinatown.

Venus and a few other shop in my neighbour is easier, thats y nvr visit chinatown anymore.

• Praise 2

Hypersonic

Those parallel imported ones usually have difference in quality cos the products cater to different countries

I bought Lipton tea (100bags) from a local shop @$3.20 whereas ntuc is selling $6+

Taste not as good

• Praise 1

Those parallel imported ones usually have difference in quality cos the products cater to different countries

I bought Lipton tea (100bags) from a local shop @$3.20 whereas ntuc is selling $6+

Taste not as good

• Praise 2

Hypersonic

depends I guess, check country of manufacture.

the Kit Kat from Valu$ is from UK and cheaper than NTUC, so I usually buy Kit Kat from there.

Oh...ya true

I bought from value$ store choc n cereal

Supersonic

Alkaline batteries tend to leak.

Use rechargeables is better in those situations.

Hypersonic

Venus and a few other shop in my neighbour is easier, thats y nvr visit chinatown anymore.

True. But still got some deals there. For example, my lion systema toothbrushes are like significantly cheaper at Ocean even compared to neighbourhood toiletries shop. 

But i get my parents to go there and buy like 10 at one go  [laugh]

Supersonic

Your local provision shops or mini-marts may be cheaper than the supermarts, you need to check each item individually.

Example, St Dalfour jam is often sold at $5 at supermart, but about $4.20 at mini-mart.

I just bought Australian seedless grapes 500g at $2 at one shop, while supermarts price is normally around $4~$5.

No guarantee, one is always cheaper than the other, so you need to shop around.

For toiletries, Swanston at People's Park Complex Level 2 sells at good prices.

Think their toiletries imported from Vietnam though.

Many milf there too. Buy and stock up will be cheaper. If merely one/two items forget about it.
  • Praise 1

lol went on holiday and dug out some 3-in-1 milo packets from my cupboard

Thought expiring June '16. Drink liao then realise it's June '15.

Bo tai chi [laugh]

Probably manufacturer printed wrongly. Should 16 and not 15.

Does that offer ant comfort to you? Hahaha

Time for you to visit optical. Hahaha

Your local provision shops or mini-marts may be cheaper than the supermarts, you need to check each item individually.

Example, St Dalfour jam is often sold at $5 at supermart, but about $4.20 at mini-mart.

I just bought Australian seedless grapes 500g at $2 at one shop, while supermarts price is normally around $4~$5.

No guarantee, one is always cheaper than the other, so you need to shop around.

Saint dalfour jam, I only buy when there's 2 going for about $8+ dollars at NTUC. The promotion happens frequently.

Grapes for me, Supermarkets are always much cheaper than buying at the fruit shops.

Alkaline batteries tend to leak.

Use rechargeables is better in those situations.

agreed. Once had to pay $50 for my AC remote. Learnt my lesson.

Everything in my house uses rechargeables except stuff like those $2 clocks.

Supersonic

Saint dalfour jam, I only buy when there's 2 going for about $8+ dollars at NTUC. The promotion happens frequently.

Grapes for me, Supermarkets are always much cheaper than buying at the fruit shops.

agreed. Once had to pay $50 for my AC remote. Learnt my lesson.

Everything in my house uses rechargeables except stuff like those $2 clocks.

I remember someone here saying that the best for remotes is zinc carbon batteries?

↡ Advertisement