New Suzuki Vitara 2016

GohLaiChye

Hi All would like to start a new thread on the New Suzuki Vitara(2WD and 4WD), Went down to the show room at the new show room at Leng kee, the showroom was crowded, this is the first time I saw the Suzuki show room with this many customer, seem like this Vitara is getting more popular.

The cheapest vision of 2WD start with 97K, a good price point to my view, hope to hear more people commenting on this.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3

It is a good car. But the competition is crazy.

Vezel. Qashqai.

How to fight?

Though I heard that vitara has very good FC. And it's 1.6. Balanced

• Praise 1

(edited)

Hi All would like to start a new thread on the New Suzuki Vitara(2WD and 4WD), Went down to the show room at the new show room at Leng kee, the showroom was crowded, this is the first time I saw the Suzuki show room with this many customer, seem like this Vitara is getting more popular.

The cheapest vision of 2WD start with 97K, a good price point to my view, hope to hear more people commenting on this.

seems very small. 

it's even smaller than qashqai and vezel ( 4175mm vs 4380mm vs 4295mm) about the size of honda fit nia.

Edited by Little_prince
  • Praise 1

This Vitara is Made in Hungary I was told.

Used to be a really popular car in the past esp the grand Vitara!!

• Praise 6

Turbocharged

Lol tot already got a Vitara thread somewhere? Saw a few on the road. Nice looking.

• Praise 1

that's why this is not Grand  mah. lol

This Vitara is Made in Hungary I was told.

Used to be a really popular car in the past esp the grand Vitara!!

This was on my shortlist recently... strike it off my list when i saw it at the showroom. 

The rear leg room and boot is bad.. way too small for my needs. However i do like the panoroma roof which can be opened and the relatively low price... CM also offered an attractive package but the car itself is not my taste. 

• Praise 3

i started this thread some time ago.

http://www.mycarforum.com/topic/2699688-suzuki-vitara-2015/

Its buried in the 4th page in this thread. Took me some time to find it.

Only saw one on the road in Singapore so far.

Agree for this price range (4WD model), it has competition like Vezel, QQ, Tuscon etc.

Still to get to the new showroom to see the real thing but my friend (who is driving a GV now) 

was very disappointed because it looks the same as the GV except smaller.

Lol tot already got a Vitara thread somewhere? Saw a few on the road. Nice looking.

• Praise 2

Turbocharged

This was on my shortlist recently... strike it off my list when i saw it at the showroom.

The rear leg room and boot is bad.. way too small for my needs. However i do like the panoroma roof which can be opened and the relatively low price... CM also offered an attractive package but the car itself is not my taste.

Suzuki have a problem of building cars that look big outside but interior is smaller than its competitors. The old SX4 is also one such example. Looks like they haven't evolved too much in that dept.

i started this thread some time ago.

http://www.mycarforum.com/topic/2699688-suzuki-vitara-2015/

Its buried in the 4th page in this thread. Took me some time to find it.

Only saw one on the road in Singapore so far.

Agree for this price range (4WD model), it has competition like Vezel, QQ, Tuscon etc.

Still to get to the new showroom to see the real thing but my friend (who is driving a GV now) 

was very disappointed because it looks the same as the GV except smaller.

If AWD model, then main competition within price range is actually Subaru XV and perhaps, Subaru Forester 2.0 non-turbo version if CAT B COE goes down low enough.

They are the only ones in same price range with AWD.  The rest are only FWD for the same price range.

• Praise 2

Had just booked 2WD with "Plus" plan .... No panoramic roof version.

"Plus" Plan inclusive of the following:-

20K or 1 Year free Servicing

An arm-rest or spoiler

(Hardly attractive)   

The freebie sucks to be honest, everything requested kena rejected. Not even the normal - standard front car-cam for goodness sake. I wonder how they're gonna boost their sales lol.

Wanted S$104,900 (6 bids at 44K COE rebate, super non-guarantee - meaning confirm won't get one lol)

but took up S$108,900 (6 bids at 48K COE rebate, non-guarantee but maybe can get eventually). Eventually Sales guy offered me S$108,900 (6 bids at 48K COE rebate, BUT guarantee)

* note that to get that Guarantee 6 bids, the cost is S$112,900. So that is attractive to be honest.

S$109K total inclusive of retaining my current car plate no.

- 6 Guaranteed COE rebate at 48K

I didn't ask for Urban or Sports top-ups at 3K extra because I rather purchase it off Taobao and install it myself.

Test-drive the car, found it to quiet. The view from the driver seat is good, and pretty spacious. Reviewers on the car from Youtube standing at 1.9m have no problem sitting in front or rear seats ... so for my height of 1.8m .. no need to compare lah, swee swee fit in. Boot isn't super great but spacious enough. The design of the car door is firm and heavy, conti-feel. The ride isn't too rocky and for a 2WD. I read reviews that the interior space is the same as the GV. All in all, thou there's better and nicer cars with specifications out there. I take into consideration my budget and my preference; it is certainly good enough to replace my current outgoing Terios.

Requested for the colour code and was informed it should come in around Oct 16. Fine with me, no hurry anyway ......  

No need to compare it with the previous GV. Suzuki is no longer producing 2L version. They are going small compact cars now I was told. In fact, people walk in and walked off tells you something ... they have to improve on their package overall. The car is good and I can confirm on it but so??? 

Anyway looking forward to a Vitara 2016 Club lol ...... 

• Praise 2

I think its a great looking car. Looks a bit like a Range Rover.

It also cannot be that small if a 1.9m person can sit in front and

behind. A very good choice.  [thumbsup]

:D

It is nice. To be frank, I've compared Vezel ... much faster, much spacious and much cheaper but is it the best choice now? Nope ....

I've never considered 2L SUVs coz not within my budget and no need for such a big capacity cars. Terios they no longer produce, not in SG at least. So I can only have Vitara and Vezel to choose from. I made a good choice and no regrets lol

I read reviews that the interior space is the same as the GV. 

It's a nice looking car.

Not sure which review you read, I own a GV and I tried the new Vitara, and it is clear the new Vitara is not as spacious as my GV front and back. I find it cramped at the rear due to the arm rest and the transmission axle bump restrict leg room at the rear. No doubt a 1.9m driver fits but i wonder how much leg room is available to the passenger behind the driver.

By then it all depends on how often you have passengers at the rear. 

Impressed the engine bay is very tidy and "empty' (i.e. uncluttered). 

Agree the drive is good (I tried the 4WD version but shouldn't differ too much with 2WD). Tried the paddle shifter and it helps to push the engine to work harder when needed. 

↡ Advertisement