New Suzuki Vitara 2016

GohLaiChye

Able to share your Audio installer? Am looking to upgrade and change. Btw any idea if warranty be voided for installing aftermarket system and not installed by CM?

Nah..went for my 1000km free service last Friday..the service consultant saw my ICE and didn't even said anything or recorded anything ...he just asked me what is the size of my headunit as I am using Alpine X008EU. 

CM is more concerned on engine and add-ons.

I installed my ICE @ autoimagine@sim ming. No affliliation with this shop, but I trust their workmanship and professionalism in handling my ICE installation. Don't expect the price to be cheap, as cheap price comes with cheap quality.  

↡ Advertisement

Nah..went for my 1000km free service last Friday..the service consultant saw my ICE and didn't even said anything or recorded anything ...he just asked me what is the size of my headunit as I am using Alpine X008EU.

CM is more concerned on engine and add-ons.

I installed my ICE @ autoimagine@sim ming. No affliliation with this shop, but I trust their workmanship and professionalism in handling my ICE installation. Don't expect the price to be cheap, as cheap price comes with cheap quality.

Great thanks! Will check them out soon!

Bring head unit to CM and ask to install. Pay manhour money if they refuse write email complain to inchape at UK :D

Better not......firstly their manhour money is not cheap and they are not experts in ICE installation and tuning. 

Also, when asked for their PPS package with options of 3 or 5 years guarantees, Service Consultant told me it will cost $900++ if done under Toyota/Suzuki package....Really  [knife]

My BIL was quoted only $500 for a similar package elsewhere..... 

Great thanks! Will check them out soon!

Autoimage ....wrong spelling...sorry

Better not......firstly their manhour money is not cheap and they are not experts in ICE installation and tuning.

Also, when asked for their PPS package with options of 3 or 5 years guarantees, Service Consultant told me it will cost $900++ if done under Toyota/Suzuki package....Really [knife]

My BIL was quoted only $500 for a similar package elsewhere.....

Autoimage ....wrong spelling...sorry

Yes I did ask before I collected the car.. SE quoted about 1k plus and keep saying its every ex. And when I ask if can do outside he say.. Warranty void if the electrical is mess up.

Anyway itchy to change as the current unit.. Nothing much to play with and the speakers sucks...

Edited by Dummyhalf

Yes I did ask before I collected the car.. SE quoted about 1k plus and keep saying its every ex. And when I ask if can do outside he say.. Warranty void if the electrical is mess up.

Anyway itchy to change as the current unit.. Nothing much to play with and the speakers sucks...

I was just joking, I wanted to change away the head unit as well still searching around to see if Android unit is better or just get Alpine/Clarion/Kenwood/Pioneer and manage to check out that Europe Vitara is using Daiichi as default infotainment.

I was just joking, I wanted to change away the head unit as well still searching around to see if Android unit is better or just get Alpine/Clarion/Kenwood/Pioneer and manage to check out that Europe Vitara is using Daiichi as default infotainment.

Depends on your preference,

if you are concern on SQ, go for  conventional DVD headunits as you listed 

If you are going for functionality and connectivity and not concern on SQ, you will go for Android.

If you prefer to have both (but somehow inbetween for each requirements), go for Pioneer, as what CM is giving if you paid 3k for it. *Outside can get at 1/3 or lower than the 3K"

I practically changed the entire sound system on the 2nd day when i received my Vitara

Item change/upgrade.

1) Head unit - from stock to Alpine (with steering remote bridging module)

2) Speakers/tweeters - from stock to Focal

3) Add 4 channels Amp + Active Sub

4) Add LED scuff plates from Taobao

5) Add reverse camera

Sales Executive also didn't wrote or record anything down. Prior, I had asked my Sales Executive, he also told me that changing the sound system will not VOID any thing, except that if your aftermarket unit breakdown, it is not be beared by them since it is aftermarket after all.

Cool!

I practically changed the entire sound system on the 2nd day when i received my Vitara

Item change/upgrade.

1) Head unit - from stock to Alpine (with steering remote bridging module)

2) Speakers/tweeters - from stock to Focal

3) Add 4 channels Amp + Active Sub

4) Add LED scuff plates from Taobao

5) Add reverse camera

Sales Executive also didn't wrote or record anything down. Prior, I had asked my Sales Executive, he also told me that changing the sound system will not VOID any thing, except that if your aftermarket unit breakdown, it is not be beared by them since it is aftermarket after all.

Cool!
  • Praise 1

Hello bro,

My swift de reg in few days time and new vitara coming end of month

Any idea i can suspend my season parking and resume when my vitara arrive?

Instead of cancel and re apply or pay for the full month

• Praise 1

Just cancel off. Balance will be refunded to you.

When you apply for new season, you just need to pay partial prorated of the month + full next month.

There's no reason why you should be paying when you have no car to park in the interim period.

Anyway, you still need to do some admin work to change IU number if you are transferring. Neater to just cancel off and re-apply unless your carpark is super hot area.

Hello bro,

My swift de reg in few days time and new vitara coming end of month

Any idea i can suspend my season parking and resume when my vitara arrive?

Instead of cancel and re apply or pay for the full month

Edited by Kangadrool
  • Praise 1

WTF the factory head unit bluetooth no voice command ah? I always on the road during weekdays, my Opel comes with voice command although not touch screen but this vitara zzzz. Must change away HU liao else buay tahan.

anyone installed 24hour recording cam? any recommendations/comments?

Nope and never think of installing. Go for the popular brand like iroad, blackvue etc should have the magic box to cut off supply when below 12V. But then when u go overseas car stationary need to plug out the cam else your battery sure die.

yah..no need 24hrs recording..if something happens while u parked..can always look for other cars parked around you for their recordings..

Anyone tried Pivot E-throttle on the Vitara?

My opinion not required since allgrip allows to switch to sports mode is the same like the enhance e-throttle making accelerator padder more sensitive but with engine map to more responsive.
↡ Advertisement