Singapore public servants' computers to have no Internet acc

Cantina

Hypersonic

Cannot surf MCF during office hours liao.. We'll see less participation in the forum during these hours.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 13

[hur]     [hur]

Doesn't this top Civil Servants (CS) know something called "Thumb Drive" that have 128GB storage space...... :ignoring:

If that CS wants to be traitor, anything can be copied out with a small thumb drive. :gangs:

Might as well remove all USB slots from CS computer. :yuush:

In that case, what CS will get is just e-mail among the Government Departments, nothing more. But this can't stop them from printing confidential documents. So remove all printers from government departments. :lll._.:

• Praise 3

Turbocharged

Frankly, I am not sure how this works. Most people have smart phone. Whatever they wish to do, technically still possible. Ban smart phone too?

• Praise 2

But still can take snapshot of the computer screen via smartphone and post it in social media websites or whatever. Might as well dial everything back to 2G in govt buildings. And ban phones with camera in the building.  Might as well go all out.

• Praise 2

[hur]     [hur]

Doesn't this top Civil Servants (CS) know something called "Thumb Drive" that have 128GB storage space...... :ignoring:

If that CS wants to be traitor, anything can be copied out with a small thumb drive. :gangs:

In that case, what CS will get is just e-mail among the Government Departments, nothing more. But this can't stop them from printing confidential documents. So remove all printers from government departments. :lll._.:

many companies IT have already blocked or disabled the usb port on computers...and only allow to plug in mouse etc

[hur]     [hur]

During the cold war era the soviets planted a spy camera in the US embassy photocopier machine. There's a will, there's way.

Its actually creates more work for another department like purchasing department or the Logistic department...... :sick:

If one want to purchase something, they just write in words what they want and poor purchasing or logistic department staff who have the internet access to search the web for the items. Print out the items and refer to the one requesting and came back, 'Not this One', Poor staff has to search again.

Doesn't it time consuming and wasting of effort.

If I wanted to buy something, I search the internet, print the picture & the model number & sometimes even the RRP (recommended retail price) and hand over to the purchasing or logistic department to do the purchase. It help my colleagues in purchasing or logistic departments a lot of times. :we-all-gonna-die:

i think this is the main reason to block Internet access

productivity fall like shit ... lol

but CS still got their mobile phone and whatsapping non stop ...

nabei ... i have seen a person who is in 10+ whatsapp group ... [shakehead]

Good move
Productivity should improve

still got iphone 6 ... now mobile friendly liao ... muahahaha

sian liao... cant surf MCF [:p]

i think this is the main reason to block Internet access

productivity fall like shit ... lol

but CS still got their mobile phone and whatsapping non stop ...

nabei ... i have seen a person who is in 10+ whatsapp group ... [shakehead]

but no free wifi, incur high data cost if watch tv online [:(]

but no free wifi, incur high data cost if watch tv online [:(]

Wait for new provider

Unlimited acces

↡ Advertisement