New car scratched by sickos

Friendstar

Twincharged

Is $1K fine a legal advise? Ask your colleagues in legal dept. Let the law take care of him is better. If you accept $10K, he will feel sour after giving you $10K, and will find ways to revenge you for taking his $10K. Why? Just parking near his block is enough to motivate him to scratch your car at 3am. If you take $10K, he will teach you a lesson you will never forget and flee to China.

But if you report him, he will still want to revenge as well, but will think twice about running foul with law again.

Charge him is certainly better, hopefully his wife and kids cannot get PR status or he is already wing charged for something else, and an additional charge is not in his favour.

Please hand him to the law.

We also need to press for changes. If vandalising public property is canning (Michael Faye), vandalising private property is $1K, it is too light.

Cuz scratching one car is not considered vandalism. Its under mischief which carries a very light penalty. Going by your logic, taking his 10k better since either way he will take revenge again.

↡ Advertisement

Its not ok if it is spammed all over the place.

Its even not ok for those vendors whom went to the proper channel & paid to MCF to be advertise over here.

It's like hoĺding a banner behind reporter doing a street broadcast.

Guys, will you accept a $10,000 as compensation + respray your entire car by the car vandals?

Recently my car was scratched 7 times on the driver side of the door over two panels in my condo. I parked at a more secluded corner as I work till wee hours of the morning.

Even though I have an obvious car camera on my driver side, the vandal, who was a China-man turned Singapore PR  decided all he could do is to squat down next to my car to do the dirty job. Sure enough, my obvious car camera did not capture him in action. He was smart but too smart for his own good. 

1 Camera from my another car parked opposite caught him in action clearly ( This is a spy camera which i decided to buy from my customer recently to try it out )

2 other cameras hidden at the rear of my vandalized car also caught him in action. He did at 3am in the morning. 

This was the 2nd time my car was vandalized and he admitted after interrogation by my guards that he did it because I like to park at his block sometimes and as a result, he got to park further. He was driving a Porsche Cayenne Turbo by the way. I had thought rich PRCs are cultured! 

He started to beg me to give him a chance etc and even brought down his wife with kids in tow to my house to beg me not to report the case to the police. Then came cash of $10,000 and a promise to respray my car to its original condition. I was not that tempted as I wanted to teach him a lesson. But buddies as you know, car vandals are not punishable by penal code. Very sad truth. I had to go thru a lot of hassle to get him charged in court and a mischief is a $1000 fine at best VS a $10,000 cash which allows me to pump petrol for a few years. 

If you were me, what would you do?

Please do not PM me about what kind of cameras I am using etc etc ( esp the spy cameras ) as I do not wish anyone to suspect me of trying to sell anything here. 

Take the cash and go for the respray. Also ask him to arrange alternative transport for you when you car goes for the repair.

Ask him to write a formal apology letter and assure you that he will never do anything to your car again. Let the guards be the witness of the letter too. 

If he decides to take revenge next time, report to the police and use the letter as a proof. 

Is $1K fine a legal advise? Ask your colleagues in legal dept. Let the law take care of him is better. If you accept $10K, he will feel sour after giving you $10K, and will find ways to revenge you for taking his $10K. Why? Just parking near his block is enough to motivate him to scratch your car at 3am. If you take $10K, he will teach you a lesson you will never forget and flee to China.

But if you report him, he will still want to revenge as well, but will think twice about running foul with law again.

Charge him is certainly better, hopefully his wife and kids cannot get PR status or he is already wing charged for something else, and an additional charge is not in his favour.

Please hand him to the law.

We also need to press for changes. If vandalising public property is canning (Michael Faye), vandalising private property is $1K, it is too light.

Actually I have never heard of anyone going into Jail simply because of scratching another poor fellow car. Have you? The law in Singapore is very stupid sad to sad. I am thinking of handing him to the law but the law is really useless against such cases.  

Guys, will you accept a $10,000 as compensation + respray your entire car by the car vandals?

Recently my car was scratched 7 times on the driver side of the door over two panels in my condo. I parked at a more secluded corner as I work till wee hours of the morning.

Even though I have an obvious car camera on my driver side, the vandal, who was a China-man turned Singapore PR decided all he could do is to squat down next to my car to do the dirty job. Sure enough, my obvious car camera did not capture him in action. He was smart but too smart for his own good.

1 Camera from my another car parked opposite caught him in action clearly ( This is a spy camera which i decided to buy from my customer recently to try it out )

2 other cameras hidden at the rear of my vandalized car also caught him in action. He did at 3am in the morning.

This was the 2nd time my car was vandalized and he admitted after interrogation by my guards that he did it because I like to park at his block sometimes and as a result, he got to park further. He was driving a Porsche Cayenne Turbo by the way. I had thought rich PRCs are cultured!

He started to beg me to give him a chance etc and even brought down his wife with kids in tow to my house to beg me not to report the case to the police. Then came cash of $10,000 and a promise to respray my car to its original condition. I was not that tempted as I wanted to teach him a lesson. But buddies as you know, car vandals are not punishable by penal code. Very sad truth. I had to go thru a lot of hassle to get him charged in court and a mischief is a $1000 fine at best VS a $10,000 cash which allows me to pump petrol for a few years.

Please do not PM me about what kind of cameras I am using etc etc ( esp the spy cameras ) as I do not wish anyone to suspect me of trying to sell anything here.

Take la. I don't think he will ever dare do it anymore. He brought his wife n kids means he confessed to them about his deeds. This show he learned his lesson and you can get your car in original condition + more.

Even though I have an obvious car camera on my driver side, the vandal, who was a China-man turned Singapore PR decided all he could do is to squat down next to my car to do the dirty job. Sure enough, my obvious car camera did not capture him in action. He was smart but too smart for his own good.

Ask Adrianli. Just take the 10k and respray.

Simple just ask him to sign a letter that he apologised for the incident and hereby close the matter with the so called compensation or "blood money" sort of a crude word for loss/compensation/damages/distress...whatever you can think of

This is a kind of similar to private car accident settlement and no one thereafter has claim against each others...... going forwards

Case closed.

No use and waste of time going legal or rather wasting good money after this incident 

Later will he turn around n report you extort him?

End up you at wrong side of law

These narrow minded kind better be careful

• Praise 2

Your condo guard power man ........ to interrogate a resident. Can share which agency ....... looking for good security.
  • Praise 1

Even though I have an obvious car camera on my driver side, the vandal, who was a China-man turned Singapore PR  decided all he could do is to squat down next to my car to do the dirty job. Sure enough, my obvious car camera did not capture him in action. He was smart but too smart for his own good. 

He would have weight all considerations and in view of the current situation 1000 dollars fine is way cheaper than 10000 plus respray.

Why would anyone wants to do that ?

Reputation at risk is worth a whole lot more. So , he has to spent even more money for a gag order.

Question now really is, does he wants to settle, or will he take other measures to get you ?

I would choose for him to be tag, and in the event something unfortunately happens to you, it would be traceable to him.

Just me I suppose.

But the choice is entirely up to you.

• Praise 2

He would have weight all considerations and in view of the current situation 1000 dollars fine is way cheaper than 10000 plus respray.

Why would anyone wants to do that ?

Reputation at risk is worth a whole lot more. So , he has to spent even more money for a gag order.

Question now really is, does he wants to settle, or will he take other measures to get you ?

I would choose for him to be tag, and in the event something unfortunately happens to you, it would be traceable to him.

Just me I suppose.

But the choice is entirely up to you.

To pay $10K instead of $1K .......... ?? If want to teach a good lesson .......... try $100K and get a lawyer to prepare a settlement note on the pretext of settlement but put on record the mischief committed. Before that, better also consult the lawyer if this constitutes a blackmail.
  • Praise 3

frankly, to see this sorta thing at this age of time, is quite sad. the only good advice one can give, is probably, do the right thing your head tells you to as there's obviously no right or wrong answer..

obviously, you don't want to waste your time on such a scumbag. everyone has family and other higher priorities to deal with, a car is immaterial. the legal punishment for vandalism is too trivial in singapore and he is obviously very well to do, he will probably get away either way.

from a 3rd party point of view, to premeditate a plot to get up at 3am in the morning and scratch your neighbour's car (twice) in a private estate, that guy probably has some serious issues in his head. i would be very worried with such people running around in my estate. if one has sufficient time and cash to deal with these things, i guess he could be referred to the relevant authorities and possibly his employer to see if they like someone like him to be around handling their stuff. recently, there was a PRC turned citizen professor and his work with other countries that undermined our country's interests, he and wife's citizenship was revoked and they got expelled from SG. of course, this is a different scale altogether but i would be particularly worried if things like this continue to happen. i believe his fellow civic minded PRC brothers and sisters would not side with him, obviously.

get him charged... Do what is right.  This same scum will be out to earn back his lost $10k.  Reputation can never be recovered.

Need to send a strong deterrent to such low lifes

• Praise 4

Yes, charge him. Let his behavior be made known to as many relevant authorities as possible. I hope his residency status gets revoked. I didn't know of such narrow minded person, more so when of such status.

• Praise 1