New car scratched by sickos

Friendstar

Thankfully my area not so much nonsense. Granted there are some scratches on my car that i dunno why they are there. But unless the scratcher has dam steady hands to draw a perfectly straight line ...  [:p]  [laugh]

Should be something debris that came off the road.

↡ Advertisement

I think it's the neighbourhood. Mine is bedok. U can imagine the demography.

Not sure about u. But imagine Holland V public carpark. All the flashy cars will be there.

Cannot praise u. Dunno why.

But yea! I respect them. Sounds like a plan

Bro. Which polish to use. Where to buy?

I'm going to try diy over the weekend.

Thanks for sharing bro.

Ur experience resonate closely with mine cos I think we bought roughly same time.

U kana within 2 hrs. I kana within 6 hrs.

Feel for u too. Especially urs is a luxury model.

My those cheap cheap type. I think start with z. Zymol I reckon. Not those ex ex type. As long as the scratch is surface not seeing the white layer than should be able to remove. Take a stool sit there half an hour. 99% should be able to remove.

Ur experience resonate closely with mine cos I think we bought roughly same time.

U kana within 2 hrs. I kana within 6 hrs.

6 hours?

Wow sure du lan.

• Praise 1

Did you follow the Public Car Park Rule of Thumb :

Rule #1: You can horn anywhere you want, EXCEPT your neighbourhood.

For example, you horn a boy dashing across the street and you sound your horn to warn him.  This is absolutely wrong.

Highway Code 101

Q1 You see a boy walking across the street

a) Sound Horn, Slow down and prepare to stop.

b) Sound Horn and Continue driving

c) Drive faster

d) Slow down and stop immediately.

Q2 You see a cat walking across the street

a) Sound Horn, Slow down and prepare to stop.

b) Sound Horn and Continue driving

c) Drive faster

d) Slow down and stop immediately.

I have 1 friend who new Mazda3, got a fine line drawn AROUND THE CAR ....... because he like to sound horn to WARN kids at his car park near a basket ball court.

Of course, it could be the neighbourhood.  

After passing the test this is what people really do.

:D

Supersonic

Hope TS made a police report. If such things continue to happen. Then it is a case of vandalism if anyone caught in the act. Remember we cane the American boy?

Nothing will happen to the vandal la.

Unless TS is a judge.

• Praise 1

Some years ago, i went to Giant Tampines and when i left the place, i saw a big Volvo SUV next to my car from far and the lady driver was loading stuff in her back seat with the door wide open. By the time i got to my almost new car, she has left. Looked at my rear door and saw a deep 2cm dent with the paint completely gone. Heart pain.....

Like what people say, only the insides of the car belongs to us, the outside belongs to others. If we think that way, probably won't be so heartache. So that's why i didn't go for pps for my new car as it will be a matter of time it will get dented or scratched. Save the money for the internal upgrading.

• Praise 4

There was a Malay lady and her family who "rescued" my car from scratches due to boys playing with trolley at Fairprice hub. Thanks go out to these individuals as well. If we can keep a lookout for each other, the world will be a better one.

• Praise 3

I think generally speaking, our society isn't graceful enough to be truly happy for others. Whether we know them or not isn't important but we should learn to be happy for others, even if they have more than us.. be it material items like house / property or others like kinship, friendship or love.

That said, I see my neighbour Audi R8 every morning I feel very motivated to work harder. Maybe I should go pry out his R8 emblem and stick onto my Audi A4 :yeah-im-not-drunk:  

• Praise 2

i have never had my car scratched as i always park next to motorbikes.  Those fellas take care of cars one.  REspect to them

Yes, lesser or no scratch by parking next to motorbikes, until some out of mind fella come and set fire on the motorbikes (vandalsim to the highest level). Such case happened in my neighbourhood before and from then on, I siam motorbike parking area far far. I kiasee...

• Praise 8

Turbocharged

Some years ago, i went to Giant Tampines and when i left the place, i saw a big Volvo SUV next to my car from far and the lady driver was loading stuff in her back seat with the door wide open. By the time i got to my almost new car, she has left. Looked at my rear door and saw a deep 2cm dent with the paint completely gone. Heart pain.....

Like what people say, only the insides of the car belongs to us, the outside belongs to others. If we think that way, probably won't be so heartache. So that's why i didn't go for pps for my new car as it will be a matter of time it will get dented or scratched. Save the money for the internal upgrading.

Yeah for that reason I avoid parking beside SUVs or cars with kids seats behind. Interestingly lorry drivers I park beside take more care opening their doors comparatively.
  • Praise 2

Neutral Newbie

Nothing will happen to the vandal la.

Unless TS is a judge.

Are u sure nothing can happen to the vandal if he/she is caught red handed? At least should shame them on social media and make them pay for the repair. I have heard of car cameras that can be activated by motion detection or slight vibration and will automatically switched itself off after a few seconds. Better still if a alarm can be made to sound briefly when someone is loitering too near to it. Anyone knows if there are there such devices available in the market? If no, Why hasnt anyone invented one? it is certainly good business from these new car owners. If market already has it, maybe it's worthwhile to install one as deterrent to car vandals.

Supersonic

Are u sure nothing can happen to the vandal if he/she is caught red handed? At least should shame them on social media and make them pay for the repair. I have heard of car cameras that can be activated by motion detection or slight vibration and will automatically switched itself off after a few seconds. Better still if a alarm can be made to sound briefly when someone is loitering too near to it. Anyone knows if there are there such devices available in the market? If no, Why hasnt anyone invented one? it is certainly good business from these new car owners. If market already has it, maybe it's worthwhile to install one as deterrent to car vandals.

You read this story then tell me if anything happened to the vandal.

http://www.mycarforum.com/topic/2653966-full-video-and-story-of-my-car-being-vandalised/

Yeah for that reason I avoid parking beside SUVs or cars with kids seats behind. Interestingly lorry drivers I park beside take more care opening their doors comparatively.

It's more of the person rather than the type of cars. I believe most drivers are considerate one and tend to be more careful when they open the doors. Passengers are the ones that cause dents to other people's cars so dents are usually at the rear doors rather than front doors.

Still remember my 1-day old City was badly dented by a S class many years back but I did not pursue cos it was by an old lady passenger opening the door.

• Praise 1

(edited)

sometimes i sleeping in my car, then the other car park beside me, bang my door by opening the door wide.

When i wake up from my nap later, i do the same favour back  [laugh]  [:p]

Edited by Lala81
  • Praise 1

Supersonic

I drove back from KM Ubi on day of collection, raining. So immediately no more new car look. I wash car the first time after 6 weeks from collection. Has been a little past a year, n i've washed the car 5 times so far..... Going for the 6th soon as i've collected $400 receipts from lor chuan kotek. So far no tio scratch....but plenty of black n blue lines from wife's handbag n kid's schoolbags which i didnt bother to polish off. Eo, tranny oil change, air con filter....these, i'm more anal about. Externally, i will like my windscreen, windows fairly clean, perhaps.

sometimes i sleeping in my car, then the other car park beside me, bang my door by opening the door wide.

When i wake up from my nap later, i do the same favour back [laugh][:p]

Something don't add up here. You mean not bang sound to awake you? Or rather you was to engross in creating some bang bang sound yourselves?

Hahaha

Yes, lesser or no scratch by parking next to motorbikes, until some out of mind fella come and set fire on the motorbikes (vandalsim to the highest level). Such case happened in my neighbourhood before and from then on, I siam motorbike parking area far far. I kiasee...

Next to me I'm always flanked by a Ducati n a BMW... No scat haa

Ducati out now

post-547-0-76056900-1465794894.jpeg

(edited)

Something don't add up here. You mean not bang sound to awake you? Or rather you was to engross in creating some bang bang sound yourselves?

Hahaha

doing some power naps  when I'm working the whole day lah  [mad]

i recline back like taxi uncle, so the other car passenger usually don't know I'm around.

So they like to open their door big big. I hear already, wake up then go back to sleep.

When i'm done napping, then i do the same lor  [laugh]

Edited by Lala81
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1