Cabin Aircon filter: HEPA or normal?

Ahjun

HEPA filter are more expensive than the normal filter.. .does the additional cost for HEPA worth it ?

↡ Advertisement

Supersonic

Heard that charcoal type affect airflow. Unless ur car aircon prowerful, normal filter can liao

• Praise 1

Heard that charcoal type affect airflow. Unless ur car aircon prowerful, normal filter can liao

you mean HEPA type affect airflow? 

Normal will do. Or normal with carbon to help get rid of smell if your car does not already offer this feature in its AC. HEPA may result in high air flow restriction. 

HEPA is commonly referred to as those capable of filtering down to 2.5micron. But there is NO standard/official specification for automotive cabin air filter; unlike some others that may specific HEPA, ULPA etc. Generally, for cabin air filters, manufacturers just claim HEPA (2.5micron) if their cabin air filter has a relatively high filtration efficiency. My personal understanding is, if the filter can reach 80% efficiency at 1 micron, it may be advertised as PM2.5 function filter.

I'm using activated charcoal filter..it works to a certain extent..filtering out most of diesel/petrol/foul smell before it enters the vehicle's cabin..the best is not to stop behind/beside a heavy vehicle or diesel vehicles as their exhaust fumes may still enter the cabin

Supersonic

you mean HEPA type affect airflow?

Both charcoal n hepa. If ur car Altis then no issue.
  • Praise 4

Twincharged

how often should one replace the air-con filter ?

how often should one replace the engine air filter ?

do you base on time or mileage ?

(edited)

Aircon filter replace every 20k Edited by RogerNg_185295

I notice newer car tend to circulate outside air in. thus the filter sure dirtier.

I something let outside to circulate the cooling fin end up the filter very dusty and need replace.

I only change when I smell moldy smell, I think charcoal is good enough no need HEPA, as need more energy to force air through the filter.. 

Turbocharged

Timing is better. Imagine it has already filtered out some dirt and bacteria, now you let it sit in the filter for 3 years, that is very gross. I change mine every 6 months, aircon filters are cheap especially if it is easy to change. Most japanese/korean cars should be easy to DIY change.

Please change aircon filter often. This is only after 4 months and 5000km. Air quality is bad nowadays and I drive on normal roads only.

post-1829-0-63234500-1545907339_thumb.jpegpost-1829-0-41182300-1545907349_thumb.jpeg

• Praise 1

My charcoal filter when new also looked like the left side one....

You smoke big time in your car? How can it get so blacken (assuming on re-circulation mode most of the time)?

My charcoal filter when new also looked like the left side one....

You smoke big time in your car? How can it get so blacken (assuming on re-circulation mode most of the time)?

Never touch a cigarette my whole life...haha.

No idea, air quality no good I guess. Yes always on re-circulation.

The one on the left was white one actually, scary eh. Used to use charcoal aircon filter but realized the airflow slightly weaker and can’t even see if it’s clean or dirty...hahaha.

Edited by Fcw75

(edited)

I bought my cars cabin air filter from ming ghee. Original. 45 dollars. Seems expensive. Since I went all the way down, I still bought it.

Edited by Lala81

Hypersonic
(edited)

I bought my cars cabin air filter from ming ghee. Original. 45 dollars. Seems expensive. Since I went all the way down, I still bought it.

Overpriced bro. Buy from fitinpart next time.

No need original. Can fit ok liao. Change 1year/12000km anyway.

Edited by Fcw75
  • Praise 1

(edited)

Overpriced bro. Buy from fitinpart next time.

No need original. Can fit ok liao. Change 1year/12000km anyway.

Yeah bit noob. Last time I got the oem engine oil filter from them which was inexpensive... so thought price should be OK.

Wah this fitinpart is quite awesome ar.... Don't even need to search. Everything spoonfeed to u. Haha

Edited by Lala81
↡ Advertisement