Are You A Big Spender For A High End Bed Mattress?

Yeobt

went to this shop and saw a vono mattress with storage bed going for 2k, incl GST and delivery and disposal of old mattress. is this a good price for this brand?

Vono is a good brand. I heard they were the sister company of a more branded one (unverified, just based on trust). The mattress last purchased has lasted 10 years and still going strong. Pocket friendly.
↡ Advertisement

MEMORY FOAM

Seems this is a fashionable thingy of late over the last few years

I was told that this so called memory foam (its that kind of extra 1 inch thick or so layer right??)  - that it will become out of shape after some time ... or loose fatigue .. like sort of loose its firmness and become like into a " mould  like shape"

Mattresses as in like car tyres have to be rotated right ??? , as in flipping it in the opposite direction and "terbalek" .... so how does memory foam work in this case no more right when we reverse it upside down

I don't buy the most branded and usually buy from a shop in Eunos (which is well known) & I know the lady owner quite well and never go for the big ticket ones nor the lowest ones too, just those in the like 2k region is fine so far for me. 

Memory foam is a fantastic product. Not only good as a topper if you like

the contoured to your body feeling but its also a fantastic insole that really

cushions the feel with very step. Happy feet.

:D

• Praise 1

(edited)

If people really cannot make up their minds 

if they should spend so much money on a mattress

then I think the best thing to do is just sleep on it.

This is what I honestly think.

Edited by Jamesc
  • Praise 2

Memory foam is a fantastic product. Not only good as a topper if you like

the contoured to your body feeling but its also a fantastic insole that really

cushions the feel with very step. Happy feet.

Actually I bought the so called memory foam thingy seperately (I dont know if they still sell it like that) Just 4 elastic straps on the corners and like just lay over the mattress; so in actual effect it acts like a mattress protector and I can remove it and flip it and flip the mattress in any way I like it as opposed to a fixed "mati"  one    

If people really cannot make up their minds 

if they should spend so much money on a mattress

then I think the best thing to do is just sleep on it.

This is what I honestly think.

Singaporean's sleep on mattress got stress lah!! [laugh] 

Buy car got stress lah [laugh] 

In Bolehland Anwar  - mattress is a prized possession by the Govt there, can still trace -  got semen  but one aircraft missing cannot find one [grin]  

• Praise 1

Actually I bought the so called memory foam thingy seperately (I dont know if they still sell it like that) Just 4 elastic straps on the corners and like just lay over the mattress; so in actual effect it acts like a mattress protector and I can remove it and flip it and flip the mattress in any way I like it as opposed to a fixed "mati"  one    

It's called a topper. Its not cheap

haha bit expensive to act as a mattress protector.

If people are stressed buying a mattress they should just sleep on the floor.

I actually like sleeping on the floor. If only I married a Japanese lady

I will be very happy sleeping on a tatami mat and a futon mattress.

That way you can never fall off a bed or get up on the wrong side.

(edited)

It's called a topper. Its not cheap

haha bit expensive to act as a mattress protector.

i dont think it was that expensive .... the mattress protector still stays over the so called topper or foam thingy; and over time the elastics that hold the so called topper as you call it gave way or lost elasticity; I used double side tapes to hold it to my mattress down;  just about 4 inches x 4 inch tape on 4 corners ; in fact i cut off the elastic webbings as they became unsightly; only downside is when I want to flip the mattress  like once in a year or so there will be some glue stain left on both sides  the topper and mattress fabric        

Edited by BanCoe

I don't recommend buying bedsheet sets from Australia. Aussies don't know the pleasure of using bolsters. Their bedsheet sets don't include bolster cases.

While waiting at the baggage collection carrousel at Perth International Airport, I once saw someone (obviously from Singapore) check in bolsters. Probably bolsters can't be purchased there.

I always hump my booster :grin:

• Praise 4

After getting married, me & my wife spent 6mths hunting for a queen size mattress before we settled with Simmons pocketed springs (opt out pillow tops as it feels hot). Spent close to 4K, never regretted it. Had very good rest in it, always missed my bed after a long day. 

Tried several brands, 

Sealy - can hear the springs squeaking 

King Coil - does not feel comfortable

Serta - feels hot (needs to be in aircon room to be comfortable)

Tempur - feels hot (needs to be in aircon room to be comfortable)

Subsequently bought 2 Seahouse single mattress for my kids. Considering we are not getting any younger & need to sleep with the kids so we went for firmer bed. It's nice but never got that kind of quality of rest we had compared with the Simmons. 

End of the day, everyone's preference is different. You need to take time to try it out to find the one that best suit you.

• Praise 3

I bought my king size Tempur mattress during warehouse sale. About 6k include frame.

Best Buy ever. Super comfy.

Hard of soft depends on your sleeping position. Me and Wife are side sleepers so we need a softer cushier mattress. If you're a back sleeper then a harder mattress is better.

• Praise 2

I bought my king size Tempur mattress during warehouse sale. About 6k include frame.

Best Buy ever. Super comfy.

Hard of soft depends on your sleeping position. Me and Wife are side sleepers so we need a softer cushier mattress. If you're a back sleeper then a harder mattress is better.

actually not really. I'm a side sleeper with a bolster. U just need a firmer pillow. I use those charcoal pillows.

tilum king good or not?

hah u try then review bah.

What are the prices like?

actually not really. I'm a side sleeper with a bolster. U just need a firmer pillow. I use those charcoal pillows.

hah u try then review bah.

What are the prices like?

very cheap

best model <1K

Hmmmmmm............. nothing much mentioned about "Water Bed".... :slow:

According to old tales, "water bed" will cause 'hong sip' .... [grin]

tiagong sleep like that

forever young :XD:

http://smg.photobucket.com/user/yanie/media/RoCH%202005/xiao_longnu5.jpg.html

very cheap

best model <1K

Buy and let us know few years down the road  [;)]

I bought my wife's super single mattress on qoo10. Haha $170+ inclusive of delivery. I think good enough for cheap spring mattress.

Let my girl jump on it lol.

Cos our good govt campaign very successful....

save_water.jpg

LOL

Anyway, most people still have concerns about leaks and maybe even drowning in them.. [:p]

My concern will be more of whether they offer proper back support given their fluid nature and the natural tendency of water to be displaced making your back sag in more than that of spring/foam mattress?

Hmmmmmm............. nothing much mentioned about "Water Bed".... :slow:

According to old tales, "water bed" will cause 'hong sip' .... [grin]

• Praise 3

I bought my wife's super single mattress on qoo10. Haha $170+ inclusive of delivery. I think good enough for cheap spring mattress.

170 is super duper!!!! :slow:

why you bought her a single mattress? you chase her out of the room?   :huh:  :huh:

↡ Advertisement