• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
1077 replies to this topic | 6,348 praises

Posted 22 June 2016 - 03:31 PM

Vid
  • Premium member
    Vid
    2Fast2Furious
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Tomorrow 23/06 is the referendum where UK vote whether to remain or leave the EU. Surprise nobody has started a thread on this. Or don't care? [laugh]

So.... Remain or leave?

Good read here http://www.bbc.com/n...litics-32810887

Sunny and 1 Anonymous member praised this

Posted 22 June 2016 - 03:32 PM

Mercury1
  • Mercury1
    NOS-ed
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Leave lah i like to see the markets in turmoil hehehe
Datsun366, Uncle2 and 1 Anonymous member praised this
My F30 review

Mitsubishi Lancer Coupe (Gone) -> Mazda Astina (Gone) -> E46 3.18 M Sports (Gone) -> Renault Clio (Gone) -> Mini Cooper S -> BMW 3.28i M Sport

Posted 22 June 2016 - 03:35 PM

Ronleech
  • Premium member
    Ronleech
    5th Gear
    Author Image

if they really leave will it affect their football schedule? I think chances are they will not....pound will surely plummet if it does...

1 Anonymous member praised this

Posted 22 June 2016 - 03:42 PM

Vratenza
  • Premium member
    Vratenza
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

img__In_troubled_waters_there_s_good_fis

Datsun366, Victor68 and 1 Anonymous member praised this

Posted 22 June 2016 - 03:44 PM

Weez911
  • Premium member
    Weez911
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

UK just recently convinced the Scots to stay, now they are having their own reference to leave the EU. Hmmm... 

Posted 22 June 2016 - 03:46 PM

RH1667
  • Premium member
    RH1667
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

my guess is that the result will be stay.

Angcheek, Uncle2, Pinobii, Sunny, 2BDriver, FourZero, Spring, 1 other member and 1 Anonymous member praised this

Posted 22 June 2016 - 04:02 PM

Jamesc
  • Premium member
    Jamesc
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Scotland in the EU is an independent country because

Scotland sends its own MPs to the European Parliament.

If England come out of the EU then Scotland will just be a

state ruled by London. Very clever of the English to get

Scotland to decide and then they decide if they want to 

come out of Europe.

:D

The Secret to Happiness
is to Simplify and
not to Multiply.

Posted 22 June 2016 - 04:04 PM

Mockngbrd
  • Mockngbrd
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Europe is in a world of shits

Garage36.com

Posted 22 June 2016 - 04:15 PM

Picnic06-Biante15
  • Premium member
    Picnic06-Biante15
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

English Pound drag down by Euro Dollars.

So if Great Britain leave EU, Pound will rise...   [sly]

Datsun366 and Yewheng praised this

"Genius is One Per Cent INSPIRATION, Ninety-nine Per Cent PERSPIRATION"

Posted 22 June 2016 - 04:33 PM

Lala81
  • Lala81
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

They would be pretty silly to leave. John Oliver says it best.

Still2016 and 1 Anonymous member praised this

Posted 22 June 2016 - 04:44 PM

Jamesc
  • Premium member
    Jamesc
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

He looks like Mr Bean

Attached Thumbnails

• 2.jpg

The Secret to Happiness
is to Simplify and
not to Multiply.

Posted 22 June 2016 - 04:54 PM

Beregond
  • Beregond
    6th Gear
    Author Image

i think all of nato is hopeing  Britain will stay .

those non nato, like Russia china. mouth say 1 thing.

I think behind pray they split.

Posted 22 June 2016 - 05:04 PM

Jamesc
  • Premium member
    Jamesc
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Europe’s growing army of robot workers could be classed as “electronic persons” and their owners liable to paying social security for them if the European Union adopts a draft plan to address the realities of a new industrial revolution.

Faster England better leave now. 

The Secret to Happiness
is to Simplify and
not to Multiply.

Posted 22 June 2016 - 05:18 PM

Kb27
  • Premium member
    Kb27
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Not my business, but I'll like to see Brexit.

I think they have too much problem with EU politics telling them what to do, immigration problem and some of their businesses are affected negatively.

KoreanLover and 1 Anonymous member praised this

Posted 22 June 2016 - 05:19 PM

ins1dious
  • Premium member
    ins1dious
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

I think Oliver's main concern is the creeping xenophobia... and the "Leave"message is spoken more loudly by the right-wing parties... he hates that as a liberal. 

But... other much smaller economies are doing very well being outside of the EU... have common access to market and labour... with free movement of people, etc. Everything the Remain campaign has been fear mongering about.

My opinion is that if the people of UK feel they need to take control of their affairs from unelected bureaucrats; by having to secure their borders; by renegotiating trade deals through WTO, so be it.

Much smaller countries have been in federations and have prospered after leaving 😉

I think it was Gorbachov who once said that he couldn't understand the concept of the EU and why the Europeans were moving closer to a federal system of countries with incredibly diverse cultures, languages and traditions... He said the Russians had already tried that with the Soviet Union and it was horrible 😂

Baal, Kangadrool and 1 Anonymous member praised this

Posted 22 June 2016 - 05:24 PM

Carbon82
  • Premium member
    Carbon82
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

From economic point of view, I would prefer Brit to stay.

From entertainment point of view, I would like to see how the world would become if Brit exit, Donald Trumph become next presdient of US, and Jib kor get voted out. :XD:  :XD:

2BDriver, Newbie26 and 1 Anonymous member praised this
Behaviour shapes attitudes, and over a period of time, solidifies into beliefs.

Posted 22 June 2016 - 05:35 PM

Darthrevan
  • Premium member
    Darthrevan
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Leaving EU will make British wages go up..not necessarily a bad thing for the masses..currently wages are depressed due to migrants

Wages will rise if Britain votes to leave the European Union and the number of EU migrants coming to the UK falls, the head of the “in” campaign has admitted.
Lord Rose, the former head of Marks & Spencer who is leading the Britain Stronger in Europe campaign, told MPs on Wednesday that if a British exit leads to restrictions on EU migrants, then “the price of labour will, frankly, go up”.

Edited by Darthrevan, 22 June 2016 - 05:35 PM.

Posted 22 June 2016 - 05:35 PM

Jamesc
  • Premium member
    Jamesc
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

From economic point of view, I would prefer Brit to stay.

From entertainment point of view, I would like to see how the world would become if Brit exit, Donald Trumph become next presdient of US, and Jib kor get voted out. :XD:  :XD:

Jib kor won't get voted out lah. Everyone likes him in Msia.

He just won 2 by elections.

Spring praised this
The Secret to Happiness
is to Simplify and
not to Multiply.

Posted 22 June 2016 - 05:40 PM

Vratenza
  • Premium member
    Vratenza
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

And the opposition leader got murdered after he won them.....  [thumbsup]

Jib kor won't get voted out lah. Everyone likes him in Msia.

He just won 2 by elections.

Posted 22 June 2016 - 05:45 PM

Lala81
  • Lala81
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

I think Oliver's main concern is the creeping xenophobia... and the "Leave"message is spoken more loudly by the right-wing parties... he hates that as a liberal. 

But... other much smaller economies are doing very well being outside of the EU... have common access to market and labour... with free movement of people, etc. Everything the Remain campaign has been fear mongering about.

My opinion is that if the people of UK feel they need to take control of their affairs from unelected bureaucrats; by having to secure their borders; by renegotiating trade deals through WTO, so be it.

Much smaller countries have been in federations and have prospered after leaving 😉

I think it was Gorbachov who once said that he couldn't understand the concept of the EU and why the Europeans were moving closer to a federal system of countries with incredibly diverse cultures, languages and traditions... He said the Russians had already tried that with the Soviet Union and it was horrible 😂

well said. The EU seems to be too confining and definitely brings a lot of counttries and cultures together in a vague brothership.

I'm not an economist, so i can't say for sure.

The economies you mention earlier are not really global economies on the scale of britain. Much like how Singapore would be better positioned if Asean is a large bloc of economies.

I think LHL said earlier in the year, he thinks the UK need to think very carefully about leaving, cos he said there are quite a lot of implications. Their global relevance will definitely suffer significantly considering that UK isn't really a global economic superpower.

A lot of their relevance to the world is linked to their heritage and they being part of the EU.

KoreanLover praised this

Back to Lite & EZ  ·  Non-Car Related Top Reply to this topic

Quick Reply

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users