Brexit - Remain or Leave EU?

Vid

Turbocharged

Reported on BBC.

A law firm reported by bbc to have question the brit govt.

Argument.

Brexit can only be done as an act of parliament. Which means MPs must vote, not just referendum then PM announce.

In short they are ready to shoot their form of democracy in the feet.
↡ Advertisement

In relation to local politics.

See ST 4 July.

Pg A17.

Immigration blunders that lead to brexit. By Jonathan eyal.

Really is AMDK.. in a good way.

He describe just about EVERTHING that people here have said about pap immigration policy. BUT!!! ...any local saying it will be branded a racist, xenophobe, lazy, loser, etc etc

Yet Jonathan can say it in ST.

Ask yourselves where the hell were your MPs? With all their scholar and degrees, none saw the issues and dangers similarly? ?

Some pointers of what he wrote.

1. Brit govt let immigration run wild for political reasons.

2. Problems of housing, jobs, schools, falling wages. .. familiar boh?

3.govt pretend all is good. . Some elites benefited.

4. Local brit "salt of the earth" working class became "scum of the earth" because of cheap FT.

5. Ex PM Gordon Brown called a voter "bigoted" for politely asking about immigration.

Etc..

Very good article. . Worth $1.10 to buy ST.

we still need an ang mo to tell us, to say for us .. what we cannot say. .

I say just put him in parliament. . He is better than most of the past time jokers.

On the other hand.

Turn one page.

Pg A17. Kindness in the wake of Brexit. By William wan.

It says significant similar train of thought as Jonathan. . But obediently, must eventually toe the govt line.

Xenophobia and racism.

æ¿åºæ¯å¯¹ç

Well, can't say but can still vote, which we did in 2011.

Problem is politicians everywhere like to label people who are complaining of uneven playing field (granted some are just kpkb kings) as bigots, racists and xenophobic and this prevents any meaningful discussion on issues like how to divide the pie, should business be entitled to cheap and unlimited labour forever, should govt do more to manage cost, etc. Until election comes around.

• Praise 2

Turbocharged
(edited)

to make it simple and to the point..

they... and nobody.. wants Muslim immigrants.

yet, no one can say it out loud without risking being called a racist.. or given death threats.

call a spade a spade.

Oh please... the xenophobia that resulted in this Brexit vote wasn't just about the increased numbers of African and Syrian refugees, i.e., not just about muslims alone.

Recent attacks on cultural centres has been towards Poles and Jewish centres as well. So then how?

Some stupid people are inherently racists. I've experience it enough even in 2000 when large-scale immigration wasn't an issue.

I was watching some documentary think it's undercover boss UK. The episodes on fast good chains. Every single one is manned by Pakistani or Indians.

I asked my friend who's studying there. He said yeah, it's almost 95 percent for these types of food. Pizza, fried chicken or Indian food.

Don't forget the Bangladeshis. I'd say there are more Bangla restauranteurs than Indians. Almost all of Brick Lane - famous for Indian food and chicken jalfrezi - is a Bangla street. Awesome stuff. 

I worked for a bit in a small internet startup. A web portal. One job was restaurant reviews. Yummy... free food

Edited by ins1dious
  • Praise 1

Hypersonic

Not really. The British has lots of Indian and Pakistan immigrants for many years.

They all operate fried chicken shops lol

I think 40% of doctors in England are from India or Pakistan.

:D

Hypersonic

I thought the British voted themselves, that the #1 best "British" food is Indian curry. You walk into Windsor Castle, you see all the best loots national treasures were from India.  

That's why they call India the jewel in the crown.

Hypersonic
(edited)

Goodness, Nigel Farage, the fighter for 17 years to get UK out from EU is quitting. Everyone balls damn small, nobody wants to lead to clean up the shit.

Imagine our opposition win 1 x GRC and the next day announces to quit.

Ang Mo really AMDK

He is not power hungry.

Not like that Gove back stab poor Boris

to be the PM of England.

Edited by Jamesc

Oh please... the xenophobia that resulted in this Brexit vote wasn't just about the increased numbers of African and Syrian refugees, i.e., not just about muslims alone.

Recent attacks on cultural centres has been towards Poles and Jewish centres as well. So then how?

Some stupid people are inherently racists. I've experience it enough even in 2000 when large-scale immigration wasn't an issue.

Don't forget the Bangladeshis. I'd say there are more Bangla restauranteurs than Indians. Almost all of Brick Lane - famous for Indian food and chicken jalfrezi - is a Bangla street. Awesome stuff.

I worked for a bit in a small internet startup. A web portal. One job was restaurant reviews. Yummy... free food ð

Yeah, it is less about skin color and more about how the pie is divided. There are racists everyone but they don't form the majority. But when wages are depressed across the large spectrum of society for prolonged period of time, people will start to assign blame, often the immigrants are singled out. They should blame the politicians for failing to deliver growth instead.

UK has minimum wage and it helps to keep the "distribution" issue under control for years. We will see more xxxEXIT soon, just put all EU countries to a referendum and more will vote to get out over the next few years given how shitty the European economy is at the moment. So yes, EU will fail.

• Praise 2

Supersonic

Not really. The British has lots of Indian and Pakistan immigrants for many years.

They all operate fried chicken shops lol

This kind of immigrants they have no moral authority to complain after the kind of exploitation they did they India in the first place.

• Praise 1

Hypersonic
(edited)

The number of immigrants they have from eastern europe, middle east, india, etc is similar to the number of indians and pinoy FTs we have here.

Relatively speaking.

Just take a walk at Chennai Business Park on weekdays.

Edited by Fcw75
  • Praise 3

Hypersonic

This kind of immigrants they have no moral authority to complain after the kind of exploitation they did they India in the first place.

They would have been so much better off if only

they took the people from Hong Kong which

they refused to. At least just take the pretty

mei meis if they couldn't take everyone.

You never hear pretty Hong Kong syts

causing trouble in England.

• Praise 1

(edited)

thanks to BJ and Farage

can start planning for year end UK trip liao

post-7984-0-79507000-1467708224_thumb.jpeg

Edited by Wt_know

thanks to BJ and Farage

can start planning for year end UK trip liao

against USD also record low.

...and that is because US Fed is now forced to reconsider rising interest rate due to Brexit.

So naturally, the market reacted seeing US$ has lesser value in the near future.

It is all related and looks to me, the US is gotten deeper into this monetary easing trap after having play the QE-game for too long.

They never saw Brexit coming.

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-britain-eu-fed-policy-analysis-idUSKCN0ZA39C

• Praise 1

(edited)

With pound so low, LR and Jaguar will be selling like hot cakes!  XF should be pricing same as Camry....

Brexit is great!  Other than for those greedy banksters in London.

Edited by Volvobrick
  • Praise 4

(edited)

...and that is because US Fed is now forced to reconsider rising interest rate due to Brexit.

So naturally, the market reacted seeing US$ has lesser value in the near future.

It is all related and looks to me, the US is gotten deeper into this monetary easing trap after having play the QE-game for too long.

They never saw Brexit coming.

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-britain-eu-fed-policy-analysis-idUSKCN0ZA39C

Don't speculate lar. It's not true. No QE nonsense.

This is largely due to the fact that Japan Yen is a better safe haven and it has risen to 2-year high against the USD. Yen is the main currency in the basket of currencies MAS uses to determine exchange rates so a higher Yen naturally means a stronger SGD. Now is the time to see who blinks first, BOJ or MAS. A Camry selling at the price of a Jaguar just doesn't cut it and it's a matter of time before BOJ unleashes their stimulus. SGD will weaken if that happens!

Edited by Pmet
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1