• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
69 replies to this topic | 196 praises

Posted 06 July 2016 - 11:58 PM

Titank
  • Premium member
    Titank
    2nd Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Any method to remove bad smell.

Edited by Lightsabre, 10 July 2016 - 08:14 PM.

1 Anonymous member praised this

Posted 07 July 2016 - 12:57 AM

Jq1988
  • Premium member
    Jq1988
    5th Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Place charcoal paper under the car mat might help, absorb moisture and bad smell!
Japanese girl is awesome!

Posted 07 July 2016 - 01:32 AM

Jerrlim
  • Jerrlim
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

perhaps you are the bad smell and you brought your bad smell into the car. try not driving your car for 2 to 3 weeks and the situation will definitely improve. no need to do anything

Posted 07 July 2016 - 02:55 AM

choongyh
  • choongyh
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

You need to find out where the bad smell is coming from first. Most of the time it's due to moisture which can cause bacteria or mold to grow.

Posted 07 July 2016 - 03:30 AM

Thaiyotakamli
  • Premium member
    Thaiyotakamli
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Change aircon filter. Check where source of smell. Replace car mat if smelly. Use air freshener
Dont get confused between my personality & my attitude...

My personality is who I am...

My attitude depends on who you are...

Posted 07 July 2016 - 04:32 AM

Neutrino
  • Neutrino
    Supercharged
    Author Image

If it's comomg from the air con then you can try two things.

1. Run air con at higest temp for 15 minutes or so.

2. Run air con at lowest temperature for 15 minutes or so.

There is no law without enforcement

Posted 07 July 2016 - 11:53 AM

Bruisedlee
  • Bruisedlee
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Not promoting this product. But I found it to be useful. Spray on my mat like once in every two weeks. Bought at Autobacs abt $20. Can used for a few months.

Attached Thumbnails

• autoglym-odour-eliminator.jpg

Posted 07 July 2016 - 12:09 PM

Jellandross
  • Premium member
    Jellandross
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

If it's a sourish smell, replacing the aircon filter will solve the problem.

Posted 07 July 2016 - 12:13 PM

Watwheels
  • Premium member
    Watwheels
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Buy new car? Get new car smell. Best. [laugh]

The chosen one will bring balance to the Force...I mean Singapore. Even star wars do not reserve "the chosen one" to a sith lord or a jedi or a wookie.

Posted 07 July 2016 - 01:04 PM

sake
  • Premium member
    sake
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Buy new car? Get new car smell. Best. [laugh]

buy new car....got new car smell....want the new car smell to last..... how?

please do not say buy another new car...... [laugh]

Posted 07 July 2016 - 01:10 PM

Hubwee
  • Premium member
    Hubwee
    6th Gear
    Author Image

Place charcoal all over car , if possible park under hot sun in the afternoon for one day . 

Afterwhich , always leave couple of pieces of charcoal inside car , change once every 2 months . 

I do smoke in all my cars , charcoal absorbs the smell , creating a very neutral smell that even non smokers cannot detect any smoke smell . 

Worst thing to do is to use those air fresheners . It always create bad smell after a few months . 

Posted 07 July 2016 - 01:12 PM

Kopites
  • Kopites
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Park and don't drive.

buy new car....got new car smell....want the new car smell to last..... how?

please do not say buy another new car...... [laugh]

Park, don't open door and don't drive. In months smell will still be there.

Posted 07 July 2016 - 01:18 PM

sake
  • Premium member
    sake
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Park and don't drive.
Park, don't open door and don't drive. In months smell will still be there.

:D

Posted 07 July 2016 - 01:24 PM

Mkl22
  • Mkl22
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

sodium bicarbonate. 100% works.

Posted 07 July 2016 - 01:26 PM

Kb27
  • Premium member
    Kb27
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

The best smell is NO SMELL.

But if you want a good smell, try this Eagle brand eucalyptus spray.

http://www.minshengh...ray-280-ml.html

It will kill germs and remove the bad smell.

However, you still need to find the source of the bad smell and get rid of it.

Posted 07 July 2016 - 01:29 PM

Lala81
  • Lala81
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

sodium bicarbonate. 100% works.

i assume u are meaning only to apply on car mats?

Posted 07 July 2016 - 01:32 PM

Titank
  • Premium member
    Titank
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

Advisable to go for those steam cleaning? Would try to change aircon filter & see how.

Place charcoal all over car , if possible park under hot sun in the afternoon for one day . 

Afterwhich , always leave couple of pieces of charcoal inside car , change once every 2 months . 

I do smoke in all my cars , charcoal absorbs the smell , creating a very neutral smell that even non smokers cannot detect any smoke smell . 

Worst thing to do is to use those air fresheners . It always create bad smell after a few months . 

U mean use those charcoal for BBQ?

Posted 07 July 2016 - 01:39 PM

Mkl22
  • Mkl22
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

i assume u are meaning only to apply on car mats?

Yup if you spill something. On the mats or car carpet. Else why would there be a smell in the car?

Posted 07 July 2016 - 01:42 PM

Jamesc
  • Premium member
    Jamesc
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Don't let my MIL eat onions

when driving her around.

:D

FourZero praised this
Say no to harsh artificial chemicals

that pollute the earth

and go natural. [thumbsup]

Posted 07 July 2016 - 01:42 PM

Hubwee
  • Premium member
    Hubwee
    6th Gear
    Author Image

Advisable to go for those steam cleaning? Would try to change aircon filter & see how.

U mean use those charcoal for BBQ?

Yup , those normal charcoal will do . I normally cut holes in those plastic bags to hold the charcoal to prevent staining the car interior . 

Back to Detailing  ·  Aftermarket Top Reply to this topic

Related user reviews on sgCarMart.com

Threebond Evaporator Cleaner

Threebond Evaporator Cleaner  |  Rating   Submit Review

Reviewed by Zep  |  Neutral Newbie

OK, I tried once and it's an expensive charge from the Car Workshop. The Threebond Bottle by itself some of them sell it at $50, definitely a rip-off. Workmanship another $30. So I paid $80 alone just to spray this foam in my car aircon. The... » Read More

Threebond Evaporator Cleaner  |  Rating   Submit Review

Reviewed by BoJio  |  Neutral Newbie

Aircon cleanser

Happen to saw this product at one of the workshop that I patronise often. Got it and tried. Upon using, no much immediate effect felt. However, after using, there i not occasionally weird odour that I would experience once in every few days.... » Read More

Related Product Guide search on sgCarMart.com : Aircon Cleaner

Quick Reply

Tags: bad smell, steam cleaning, vomit and 3 more...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users